Killer 7 (PS2) $10 shipped free at EB/GS

Is this game worth 10 bucks? I heard it's a good game but it's very wierd. If I wanted a game to creep me out, I'd buy RE4...if only it were 10 bucks.

[quote name='Eviltude']Is this game worth 10 bucks? I heard it's a good game but it's very wierd. If I wanted a game to creep me out, I'd buy RE4...if only it were 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

it's a love it or hate it kinda game. nothing about it is meant to appeal to the masses. it's not really meant to creep you out. it's just very post-modern and has an insane (and awesome) story. well worth $10.

Might as well give it a try for ten bucks. Thanks CheapyD.

[quote name='Apossum']it's a love it or hate it kinda game. nothing about it is meant to appeal to the masses. it's not really meant to creep you out. it's just very post-modern and has an insane (and awesome) story. well worth $10.[/quote]

You've got me convinced Apossum, I'm gonna buy it! Thanks cheapy for posting this great deal!

cool :)

oh yeah, if you have both systems get the Cube version-- less jaggies, short load times, cool "reload" animations that aren't in the PS2 version. I think the PS2 version is partially censored as well.

I loved it also, but then again I'm into weird games like that. I also liked the controls a lot, even though it was on rails I felt that after the first mission I had a great grasp on the controls and they started to feel really natural. The story was crazy and quirky enough to be very entertaining I kept wanting to play just a little more to see what crazy thing would happen next. I kinda like comparing this game to survival horror games as I feel it kinda has the same vibe without a lot of the limitations, no crappy inventory system, better save system, and better controls, although not quite as scary and every bit as atmospheric just in a little different way. For only 10$ you can't really go wrong especially if you are opened minded and want to try something a little bit different. I do recomend the GC version over the PS2 version though.

[quote name='d00k']I really want to order this, but I dont have the money at the moment :cry:[/QUOTE]
In my sleep deprived state, I kind of want to order it, but within the passed 2 days i have ordered V for Vendetta CE, Genji, Shadow of the Colussus and God of War. Only 70 bucks total which is bad ass but still more than i shouldve spent in the first place.

At my local target this game is 15 dollars New... So if you want a new copy of the game check out target. YMMV.

I honestly didn't like it. Post-modern, but much of it required a knowledge of Japanese culture and mindsets. Furthermore, every annoying warbling sound it emitted (Especially from the ghost allies) and every Fed-Ex quest the game sent me bordered more on offensive than cute.

For those that want a negative review of the game, I'll be the guy. I'm on the hate it side of the love it or hate it parallels. The controls are very difficult to get adjusted to, but if originality is your scorecard then give it an A+. For the rest of us that like to feel as though you control the character rather than feel like you're riding in some crappy carnival ride, you won't enjoy it. The graphics purposefully have a low polygon count to make the game feel more distorted, which isn't a big gripe with me because I really do like the unique art style. The storyline, which is probably it's biggest draw, falls down for me. The concept seems really neat, a terrorist organization that has sent the world into an extremely fearful frenzy. It just feels convoluted at times when it tries to get too intelligent for its own good. If you want to really understand how to play and how to control everyone 100%, they give you the option of watching countless explaination videos with some backward talking, S&M alien guiding you. Those video get old very quick, and you get to thinking if it's worth all of this hassle just to try a different control scheme. Switching between personalities to get through obstacles can become cumbersome quick, especially after one of the weaker ones dies and you have to backtrack to get the right character to revive them. I don't recommend this game to anyone but those that value originality above all else. It's like nothing else I've ever played before, and nothing I ever want to play again.

[quote name='Ace-Of-War']For those that want a negative review of the game, I'll be the guy. I'm on the hate it side of the love it or hate it parallels. The controls are very difficult to get adjusted to, but if originality is your scorecard then give it an A+. For the rest of us that like to feel as though you control the character rather than feel like you're riding in some crappy carnival ride, you won't enjoy it. The graphics purposefully have a low polygon count to make the game feel more distorted, which isn't a big gripe with me because I really do like the unique art style. The storyline, which is probably it's biggest draw, falls down for me. The concept seems really neat, a terrorist organization that has sent the world into an extremely fearful frenzy. It just feels convoluted at times when it tries to get too intelligent for its own good. If you want to really understand how to play and how to control everyone 100%, they give you the option of watching countless explaination videos with some backward talking, S&M alien guiding you. Those video get old very quick, and you get to thinking if it's worth all of this hassle just to try a different control scheme. Switching between personalities to get through obstacles can become cumbersome quick, especially after one of the weaker ones dies and you have to backtrack to get the right character to revive them. I don't recommend this game to anyone but those that value originality above all else. It's like nothing else I've ever played before, and nothing I ever want to play again.[/QUOTE]

B for walking, hold R to draw, analog stick to aim, press A to shoot. done. :p

Thanks alot Cheapy!
I had been eyeing the game for a little while after having recently read some reviews. Picked up a new GC version at GameStop (last one in Maplewood, MN store) for $10 despite their sticker still reading $14.99.

Now to find a cheap copy of Resident Evil Zero...

This game is at the top of my "Must Experience" list. In fact it's in the top ten of my favorite games ever list. It's hands down the fucking craziest game I've ever played, I plan on getting the GC version soon since I hear there are a good bit of minor "improvements."

I feel like I want to say something more, but I can't think of anything. You're not going to like it unless you like freaked out experiences, so I guess I can't really lean you into it, but I think every gamer should at least try it, especially since not a lot of people know about the game. My one friend (who's an ass btw) was being a real pain when I was talking about it, hopefully you guys will be a little more open minded and make up for that bad experience :/

I've had it for the GC since it came out. I payed $49.99 for it, and it was worth every penny to me. Amazing game.

Well, I didn't hate Killer7 enough to force others to pass on it. Only say "It isn't that fun or interesting" to those on the fence. On the whole though, for $10, there ARE worse buys. Hell, just use a Gamestop 7-day return policy thingy as a glorified rental.

Brilliant game, and I'm proud to see so many others on here enjoyed it too. We need more games like this. Kudos to Capcom for trying something different, and kudos to those that supported them.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Why can't I get FREESHIPALL to work at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]
You can use SAVER at GameStop's site now, which still works.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I did, but, to be honest, most meandering wannabe mindfucks these days seem kind tame after the self-indulgent MGS2.[/QUOTE]

MGS 2 had slightly better gameplay, but Killer 7 had a more intriguing story. Both games have really confusing stories, but MGS2's story is confusing because it's so long-winded and convoluted, where as Killer 7's story is a lot more abstract and hardly anything is spelled out for you. I enjoyed them both, but if I play through MGS2 again I'll probably be skipping all the cutscenes and talking because there's no way it's worth listening to 20+ minutes of straight codec for, where as I'm looking forward to playing K7 again just for the story, because I'm hoping to make sense of it the second time around.

And as for Heroes, I loved the visual style, but not enough to make up for the piss-poor voice-acting. Here's hoping they fix that, but it'll be soemthing to keep an eye on.

bread's done
Back