Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

[quote name='spamfree2']MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING

there were a few more titles...

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up... I just hope that one of my CC's actually has the game with the unmangled cover.

Only one of those I don't already have (and want) is Sly 3, but I've been waiting for it to hit GH. Thanks OP! :)

yes! Shadow of Colossus has gone cheap, time to buy.

I need to get a new copy of GT4 anyway since mine is uber-scratched

So would you guys suggest heading into Best Buy in the next couple days and snagging a copy of SotC and pricematching it when it drops, or what? When does this drop actually happen?

fuck just got back from my Best Buy and all are GH for Shadow of the Collosus. Asked the guy if they have any originals out back and he said they ship them back once the game goes GH :mad:

You sure it wasn't the ones with the red label across the outer packaging? I was under the impression that when a game with lots of retail copies on the shelves goes GH, they just slap a GH label on the (sealed) case.

[quote name='ne2eire']fuck just got back from my Best Buy and all are GH for Shadow of the Collosus. Asked the guy if they have any originals out back and he said they ship them back once the game goes GH :mad:[/QUOTE]
Ha! I've long suspected this. Every time a game goes GH, the next day all Best Buy has are GH versions. And you know they didn't just sell out of all the regular versions. I knew something was amiss. This is true for PH games for XB as well.

I wish they'd just apply the GH stickers like TRU.

[quote name='ne2eire']fuck just got back from my Best Buy and all are GH for Shadow of the Collosus. Asked the guy if they have any originals out back and he said they ship them back once the game goes GH :mad:[/quote]

Try PM at other locations like TRU or CC or GS or EB where they might still have original cover.

[quote name='D. Monic']Ha! I've long suspected this. Every time a game goes GH, the next day all Best Buy has are GH versions. And you know they didn't just sell out of all the regular versions. I knew something was amiss. This is true for PH games for XB as well.

I wish they'd just apply the GH stickers like TRU.[/quote]

I don't get it either, but GH version has a different UPC than original, go figure.

[quote name='D. Monic']Ha! I've long suspected this. Every time a game goes GH, the next day all Best Buy has are GH versions. And you know they didn't just sell out of all the regular versions. I knew something was amiss. This is true for PH games for XB as well.

I wish they'd just apply the GH stickers like TRU.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy must suck, then, because I've seen loads of games with the GH stickers and a few weeks ago, I found a couple copies of Doom 3, non-PH - quite some time after it was released as PH.

[quote name='animemaniac14']ya i saw that SotC was gonna be a greatest hits and i was like SWEEETT!!!!! can't wait to pick it up![/quote]
Those are some deep thoughts coming from a 14-year-old. :applause: :lol:

Just to add my $.02, SoTC is the worst-looking GH cover in the history of GH. The obtrusive red completely ruins the artistic monochrome look they achieved so well.

[quote name='Kerig']Those are some deep thoughts coming from a 14-year-old. :applause: :lol:

Just to add my $.02, SoTC is the worst-looking GH cover in the history of GH. The obtrusive red completely ruins the artistic monochrome look they achieved so well.[/quote]
hmmm...14+7 = my REAL age fool...14 be my favorite number...you shouldn't be so quick to assume :lol:

and would someone mind listing the other games that you can add on to this deal for the 2 for $20 :) thanks

Awesome news for the people who have been waiting... I already scored all these games at $20 or cheaper months ago :)

SotC is one of the greatest games of last gen.

I'm going to pick up Deadlocked and SotC. Can we get the games for 20 bucks now or do we have to wait until next sunday?

Lots of titles going/just gone GH that I must get before the GH banner invades...

Must:

Battlefront II
SotC

Maybe:

Burnout Revenge
Jak X
Rachet Deadlocked
Sly Coopers 3
X-Men II

[quote name='Ninguy']I'm going to pick up Deadlocked and SotC. Can we get the games for 20 bucks now or do we have to wait until next sunday?[/quote]
Not sure. But if you get it next week at CC, you can probably get 2 for $30 (provided the $19.99 is effective by then).

[quote name='62t']Should I play ICO before SotC?[/QUOTE]

Besides the art style and the ending, the games share very little in common... doesn't really matter :)

Phew, looks like my tactic paid off. See, I didn't want to buy SOTC back like a month and a half ago because I suspected it'd drop soon... if I had bought it then, it would've been out of the price adjustment period (I think) so I hid it behind some stupid Disney singing radio shit... well, I don't actually know what it was I hid it behind, but I knew that it wasn't selling. So I check the regular shelves and all the copies had been sent back. Grabbed the copy I hid, and now I've got a regular edition... just have to wait for the price to actually drop now...

Cool, I just bought a non-GH version of Shadow of the Colossus on eBay for $22 last week. I'd rather have the original over the GH version.

Anybody suspects the same thing will happen with RE4 for the PS2? I've been itching to buy that game for the past months but I'm worried there will be a significant drop in price soon once it turns into GH. But then agan, I don't wanna end up buying the one with a lame ass cover :drool:

[quote name='Pookymeister']If anything, SotC is really a prequel to ICO.[/QUOTE]

But ICO should still be played, regardless of the order. It's an excellent game.

I just got back from TRU, called them and they had SotC for $39.99 non-GH. Bought it and will price match next week.

Wish there was another game I wanted in the Circuit City 2 for $30 sale, but nothing really looks good.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Besides the art style and the ending, the games share very little in common... doesn't really matter :)[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for ruining SotC.

Awesome, I've been waiting for Ratchet: Deadlocked to drop to $20. Now I've just gotta find a copy without that stupid Greatest Hits logo on it.

Has anyone confirmed if the GH prices are valid this week at Circuit City or do we have to wait til next week for the sale to start?

UPDATE: Just got back from Circuit City and did a price match on Ratchet: Deadlocked. It was $39.99, so the Greatest Hits price hasn't kicked in over at Circuit City (well, my local Circuit City...)

[quote name='KiySeph']Awesome, I've been waiting for Ratchet: Deadlocked to drop to $20. Now I've just gotta find a copy without that stupid Greatest Hits logo on it.

Has anyone confirmed if the GH prices are valid this week at Circuit City or do we have to wait til next week for the sale to start?

UPDATE: Just got back from Circuit City and did a price match on Ratchet: Deadlocked. It was $39.99, so the Greatest Hits price has kicked in over at Circuit City (well, my local Circuit City...)[/quote] How exactly does pricematching go? what do you need?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Well thanks for ruining SotC.[/QUOTE]

You should also enjoy this:

At the end of Citizen Kane, "Rosebud" is the sled...

Went to BB to find nada..I had them check for it and one store on the eastside had one copy. He showed me the shipping quanity and an Assload is coming this week. Probably to feed the demand of the GH price .

Oh i called my local EB..And this was said about its going GH status:

"Nah........It wont for a long time its selling to well and the game has to be out a minimum of 8-12 months for it to be eligible":roll:

hahaha the intelligence levels of these employees at EB sometimes amazes me...considering i was thinkin of workin there...guess ill rule out that option bwahaha

[quote name='ne2eire']I just got back from TRU, called them and they had SotC for $39.99 non-GH. Bought it and will price match next week.

Wish there was another game I wanted in the Circuit City 2 for $30 sale, but nothing really looks good.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude -- but I'm fairly sure TRU doesn't do price matches of any sort.

I'm 99% sure you're right about that romeogbs19, but I think if the price drops at TRU ne2eire should be able to get it for the lower price.

bread's done
Back