(pre-order) Playstation 3 & Wii @ Lik-Sang.com

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
PS3

Wii

Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.

Special Pre-Order Terms & Conditions:
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.

Question

If the PS3 is a supposedly a "Region Free" console, by pre-ordering from Lik-Sang if you ask for the Japaneese version, and it if launches before you get one ahead of the US release date?

since:

Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.

[quote name='retail sucks']Question

If the PS3 is a supposedly a "Region Free" console, by pre-ordering from Lik-Sang if you ask for the Japaneese version, and it launches months before you get one ahead of the US release date?

since:

Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.[/QUOTE]It comes out in Japan a whopping 6 days before US.

And maybe region free only applies to the games and not the DVDs so if your going to spend 600+ dollars might as well get one that plays your regions dvds.

I still doubt that the PS3 will be truly region free.
I bet it's going to be the same deal as the Xbox 360 in that publishers will decide if they want to region code their games.
I hope I am wrong, though.

[quote name='TimPV3']It comes out in Japan a whopping 6 days before US.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I was thinking it was like a month or so later.

[quote name='CheapyD']I still doubt that the PS3 will be truly region free.
I bet it's going to be the same deal as the Xbox 360 in that publishers will decide if they want to region code their games.
I hope I am wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697656p1.html

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10544/PlayStation-3-Will-Be-Region-Free-for-Gaming/

SCE President Phil Harrison.

Following its keynote, Harrison revealed in a Q&A session with our PS3 channel that the PlayStation 3 will be region free for gaming. Due to the restrictions imposed by the AACS LA, movie playback will still be region locked like current DVDs but that won't apply to PS3 titles.

This announcement came as a total surprise and definitely something you won't expect from Sony.

I'm pretty sure it'll be like the PSP. Games will be truly region free, while movies and music videos will not. But I personally would love for all Blu-Ray media to be region free, regardless if it's games or movies.

Well, even tho I imagine most online sites like this will jack up the price on them just because they can, I'm in. Since you can cancel once they verify the price, I suppose there's no harm in trying.

[quote name='CounterSeal']I'm pretty sure it'll be like the PSP. Games will be truly region free, while movies and music videos will not. But I personally would love for all Blu-Ray media to be region free, regardless if it's games or movies.[/quote]

LOL! even if the games are region free...that means that freakin blu ray drive is total crap to you...unless u like watching japanese movies. if im paying for that fucking expensive blu ray drive that sony is forcing me to buy with the system, you better be damn sure im gonna use as much of it as i can

[quote name='retail sucks']Oh, okay. I was thinking it was like a month or so later.[/QUOTE]Originally it probably would have been but since they delayed the PS3 until November they had to go with a worldwide launch where all the dates are pretty close.

[quote name='retail sucks']SCE President Phil Harrison.

Following its keynote, Harrison revealed in a Q&A session with our PS3 channel that the PlayStation 3 will be region free for gaming. Due to the restrictions imposed by the AACS LA, movie playback will still be region locked like current DVDs but that won't apply to PS3 titles.

This announcement came as a total surprise and definitely something you won't expect from Sony.
[/QUOTE]I don't mind this now, but it's going to suck if I (somehow afford to) import a different color like I did with my PSP. I didn't mind it since I figured UMD movies weren't for me, but it comes up a lot where somebody has a movie they want to watch on it or I'd get a UMD as a gift. Didn't Sony try to change the regions so that there'd be like 4 instead of 8 and we'd be in the same region as Japan?

[quote name='Americanpierg']LOL! even if the games are region free...that means that freakin blu ray drive is total crap to you...unless u like watching japanese movies. if im paying for that fucking expensive blu ray drive that sony is forcing me to buy with the system, you better be damn sure im gonna use as much of it as i can[/QUOTE]You're paying for the disc space since PS3 games wouldn't be able to fit on a regular DVD, so I guess it wouldn't be a TOTAL waste. I honestly wonder what the Xbox 360 will do when we get deeper into this generation and they can't fit games on a single DVD...

(Use two DVD's, duh.)

[quote name='TimPV3']Originally it probably would have been but since they delayed the PS3 until November they had to go with a worldwide launch where all the dates are pretty close.

I don't mind this now, but it's going to suck if I (somehow afford to) import a different color like I did with my PSP. I didn't mind it since I figured UMD movies weren't for me, but it comes up a lot where somebody has a movie they want to watch on it or I'd get a UMD as a gift. Didn't Sony try to change the regions so that there'd be like 4 instead of 8 and we'd be in the same region as Japan?

You're paying for the disc space since PS3 games wouldn't be able to fit on a regular DVD, so I guess it wouldn't be a TOTAL waste. I honestly wonder what the Xbox 360 will do when we get deeper into this generation and they can't fit games on a single DVD...

(Use two DVD's, duh.)[/quote]

I dunno why they'd put japan and the US in the same region... although might make sense since most americans dont speak japanese and wont understand a thing in a japanese film. They should combine europe china and japan with the us/canada and let the rest of the world have the rest :lol:

Paying for the disc space...hmm that second dvd for free looks a lot more appealing than a 200+ dollar non usable blu ray drive. You can fit 9.4 gb on a dual layer dvd...thats MORE than enough until we get to the late life cycle of this upcoming generation if not the next generation

[quote name='Purkeynator']For the people who went for the preorder- Do they want your credit card info now or will it be when they confirm orders?[/QUOTE]

Now. And they dont accept AmEx>:whistle2:0

I'm going to pre-order this once "I'm done working overtime to buy one" I look forward to flipping crabs on their back for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

LIk-Sang doesn't charge tax right?

If not that's $30-$50 saved depending in what state you live.

Here in TN, it's a hefty $0.0925 to a $1, basically 10 cents, which is that's about $46 for me on the $499.99 MSRP unit, and $55 on the $599.99 MSRP unit.

[quote name='retail sucks']LIk-Sang doesn't charge tax right?

If not that's $30-$50 saved depending in what state you live.

Here in TN, it's a hefty $0.0925 to a $1, basically 10 cents, which is that's about $46 for me on the $499.99 MSRP unit, and $55 on the $599.99 MSRP unit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was thinking the same thing - .10 here, so that's $60. I could get overnight shipping & still come out ahead. :p

[quote name='argyle']Yea, I was thinking the same thing - .10 here, so that's $60. I could get overnight shipping & still come out ahead. :p[/QUOTE]

My thought too about the shipping. If they have a warrantee plan you could put the $50 savings on that & upgrade the shipping by $10.

Um, so is there going to be a markup in price? I can see that the PSP is still listed as $229.90 for the Value Pack, which is a 15% markup from retail. What's the deal, yo?

PS3 $499.99 with 15% markup is $574.99
PS3 $599.99 with 15% markup is $689.99

Nice.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Um, so is there going to be a markup in price? I can see that the PSP is still listed as $229.90 for the Value Pack, which is a 15% markup from retail. What's the deal, yo?

Nice.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the price will be. But with no obligation to buy or no $$ down who cares?

If there price is higher than the MSRP + tax @ your local B&M then cancel & you can get it elsewhere.

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Um, so is there going to be a markup in price? I can see that the PSP is still listed as $229.90 for the Value Pack, which is a 15% markup from retail. What's the deal, yo?

Nice.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the psp value pack $249.99 over here and the psp by itself $199.99?

fuck yeah, I'm preordering my Wii.

EDIT: Well, this is lame. You can't send orders to a different address than the billing address. Which sucks since I will, with 99% certainty, be living away in my college dorm when the Wii launches. Nonetheless, I'm going to keep my preorder in case I get screwed by GS/EB.

[quote name='pinoy530']Isn't the psp value pack $249.99 over here and the psp by itself $199.99?[/QUOTE]

That's what I also thought............

It's listed for $249.99 @ Buy,com & etc.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']fuck yeah, I'm preordering my Wii.

EDIT: Well, this is lame. You can't send orders to a different address than the billing address. Which sucks since I will, with 99% certainty, be living away in my college dorm when the Wii launches. Nonetheless, I'm going to keep my preorder in case I get screwed by GS/EB.[/QUOTE]

Crap! Where did you read this?

Looks like paying via Debit card and having it shipped to me in Japan is not an option...

Has anyone else ever preordered a new system from Liksang before? They seem like they might have some ridiculous shipping prices and game prices possibly. Is this the only place so far that is doing preorders for it?

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Has anyone else ever preordered a new system from Liksang before? They seem like they might have some ridiculous shipping prices and game prices possibly. Is this the only place so far that is doing preorders for it?[/QUOTE]

I tried to import a DS lite from them... I pre-ordered within hours of it becoming available to pre-order, and yet a month after the system launched, they still weren't planning to ship mine.... left a bad taste in my mouth.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I tried to import a DS lite from them... I pre-ordered within hours of it becoming available to pre-order, and yet a month after the system launched, they still weren't planning to ship mine.... left a bad taste in my mouth.[/QUOTE]

So this probably isn't the greatest idea ever is it?

bread's done
Back