Assassin's Creed - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Assassin's Creed™ is the next-generation game developed by Ubisoft Montreal that redefines the action genre. Assassin's Creed merges technology, game design, theme, and emotions into a world where you instigate chaos and become a vulnerable, yet powerful, agent of change.
The setting is 1191 A.D. The Third Crusade is tearing the Holy Land apart. You, Altair, intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict.
You are an Assassin, a warrior shrouded in secrecy and feared for your ruthlessness. Your actions can throw your immediate environment into chaos, and your existence will shape events during this pivotal moment in history
  • The Assassin: Master the skills, tactics, and weapons of history’s deadliest and most secretive clan of warriors. Plan your attacks, strike without mercy, and fight your way to escape.
  • Realistic, responsive environments: Experience a living, breathing world in which all your actions have consequences. Crowds react to your moves and will either help or hinder you on your quests.
  • Total freedom: Eliminate your targets wherever, whenever, and however. Stalk your prey through richly detailed, historically accurate, open-ended environments. Scale buildings, mount horses, blend in with crowds. Do whatever it takes to achieve your objectives.
  • Epic times of the Crusades: Assassin’s Creed immerses you in the realistic and historical Holy Land of the twelfth century, featuring life-like graphics, ambience, and the subtle, yet detailed nuances of a living world.
  • Intense action: Experience heavy action blended with fluid and precise animations. Use a wide range of medieval weapons, and face your enemies in realistic swordfight duels.
  • Next-gen gameplay: The proprietary engine developed from the ground up for Xbox 360 allows organic game design featuring open gameplay, intuitive control scheme, realistic interaction with environment, and a fluid, yet sharp, combat mechanic.
Update 2/5: Flag Locations
[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Also, for people going after flags. I have collected all flags & killed all templars. It's not that bad when you have the use of this blessed site:

http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com

Screen shots and maps of every flag and templar. So great.[/quote]

Update 10/23: Achievements
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/assassinscreed/

Update 5/23: Ubidays trailer

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDWICg-Cy5U[/media]
Higher res here: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/23/assassins-creed-trailer-leaves-us-wanting-more/

It is the time of the third crusade. A public hanging has just taken place in the middle-eastern town of Acre and three soldiers stand on the podium displaying the bodies of the victims to an angered crowd, who are baying for their blood. Way up on the battlements a solitary figure in white is watching the developing scene.

Then we're following the white watcher as he's walking through the crowd. You can see that this is in-game footage, as the figure pushes people out of the way and tries to move through the heaving throng without disrupting his cover too much. When he's finally spotted, it's too late for the guards on the podium; one receives a bolt in the belly, a second is toppled off the gallows by a blow from a crossbow and only the captain is left. He struggles to get his sword out of his scabbard, but before he can Altair, the assassin, is on him, pushing his retractable blade into the man, before turning and fleeing through the crowd, pursued by growing numbers of guards...

Assassin's Creed follows Altair the assassin - his name translates as 'Flying Eagle' - as he seeks to bring peace to the Middle East of 1191 AD, by decapitating the heads of the warring factions. However, Altair's abilities don't merely extend to killing people. First off, he's an amazing athlete - Ubisoft Montreal haven't forgotten their Prince of Persia heritage, so he can Le Parkour his way up onto the rooftops and battlements of Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus and other Middle Eastern towns. The crowd is his best friend providing cover and escape routes, as well as hiding him from the eyes of his enemies. Finally, if he has to fight, Altair will avoid swordplay, as a solid blow will prove fatal; instead he'll dodge and twist around enemies to execute or flee them as quickly as possible, with a range of instant kills or escape moves.

The HUD is curiously futuristic, perhaps to tie in with the later parts of the trilogy, though there's no confirmation that they will be set in the same universe. If the rest of the series looks as impressive, we can guarantee that this is one creed we'll happily follow.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=143343

I guess this means its coming to :360: :shock:!

I was hoping that this was coming to the 360. For me, this was going to be the PS3 system seller for me. Now I can save $600+.

HUH?? I've only ever seen this in Playstation mags, at E3, at the playstation booth, and ever only mentioned on playstation3.... must be last minute change, because if M$ had this on x360, it would have been at e3, their booth sucked!

[quote name='Electrox3d']HUH?? I've only ever seen this in Playstation mags, at E3, at the playstation booth, and ever only mentioned on playstation3.... must be last minute change, because if M$ had this on x360, it would have been at e3, their booth sucked![/quote]

It was leaked after E3 in a Ubisoft list of upcoming releases.

[quote name='Electrox3d']HUH?? I've only ever seen this in Playstation mags, at E3, at the playstation booth, and ever only mentioned on playstation3.... must be last minute change, because if M$ had this on x360, it would have been at e3, their booth sucked![/QUOTE]

Or Sony could have had exclusive announcement rights like Microsoft did for GTA4.

On a side note, this shouldn't be surprising for a couple of reasons:
1) Its Ubisoft.

2) With the gaming fanbase still a little shakey on the PS3's price tag, 3rd party companies will release a game on multiplatforms if little work is involved to maximize profit.

[quote name='Electrox3d']HUH?? I've only ever seen this in Playstation mags, at E3, at the playstation booth, and ever only mentioned on playstation3.... must be last minute change, because if M$ had this on x360, it would have been at e3, their booth sucked![/quote]

I heard the PS3 demo of AC was actually run on a 360...hmm...

I'd heard the rumor before that this might go multi-platform. If it does, it'll probably be enough to force me to make room for a 360 next to my Wii in the future :)

[quote name='Number83']I heard the PS3 demo of AC was actually run on a 360...hmm...[/QUOTE]

I've also heard that it was running on a 360 dev kit. I read a site that asked Ubi directly about that, and they sorta skirted their answer, stating that it was running on a PC that was emulating console specs... I don't think they specified which console in their answer...

[quote name='arthurRWD']Now if we could just get MGS4 over on our side, I wouldn't have to buy a PS3[/QUOTE]

Yes this is what I hope for too! MGS4 on Xbox 360. Maybe a SUB version :D

I could definitely hold off on buying a PS3 if they brought over MGS4. Right now my plan is to buy one around the time that game comes out...

Kick-ass. As shipwreck said above, I think we were mostly waiting for confirmation, but this doesn't make the news any less spectacular. AC was, in my opinion, one of the games giving the PS3 good buzz. Now that you can play it for $200 less, this could affect Sony in a big way.

I wonder if it's coming out at the same time as it does for PS3. That would mean another great looking game this winter (or is AC a PS3 launch title?). Either way, it's good to have confirmation.

[quote name='terribledeli']On a side note, this shouldn't be surprising for a couple of reasons:
1) Its Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I expected it on the 360 from the start. Which games have they done, aside from handheld/unique games, have NOT been cross-platform eventually? Not many at all. And what with the potential profit the game would make across both systems (also with Sony being somewhat of a risk at the moment), I didn't see them keeping it to one console.

I guess I'll stick this in this one, since it seems the most "complete" of the AC threads.

According to IGN, Ubisoft will soon[Today, the 22nd, apparently] be announcing a Limited ediiton of AC, which we can only hope means news of a release date soon.

[quote name='"IGN"']
Though the limited edition's gameplay content will be identical to that of the standard version, Assassin's Creed LE will boast a number of bonus supplemental content items. In addition to a specialized tin packaging, the game will also include a figurine of lead character Altair, Penny Arcade comics, a miniature strategy guide, and Assassin-themed short films. Behind-the-scenes videos, official trailers, developer diaries, producer interviews and other unnamed goodies are also planned.[/quote]
Via IGN

Glad to see some of those sketches on Gabeart may be turned into some nice inserts.

So which side do you play on during the Crusades in this game?...they never mention anything about that...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sweet. As for a release date...I've heard 9/25..yup, same date as Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

You know, I'm no Halo Hater, but this is one of the few games I'd actually pick up INSTEAD of Halo 3.

[quote name='trq']You know, I'm no Halo Hater, but this is one of the few games I'd actually pick up INSTEAD of Halo 3.[/quote]
Q ... F ... T!

OK but here's the big question: the limited edition, is it the same as the CE many of us preordered from Play-Asia? The one with the 12" figure? Or does the US get something different?

Assassin's Creed is one of the best looking games ever. It looks like my dream game. If the game turns out half as good as the trailers, it will be amazing.

I wish they replaced this with Zorro though. The game seems like Zorro, but in a different time period.

[quote name='ananag112']Assassin's Creed is one of the best looking games ever. It looks like my dream game. If the game turns out half as good as the trailers, it will be amazing.

I wish they replaced this with Zorro though. The game seems like Zorro, but in a different time period.[/quote]

zorro would be a screw up, you can't stick a blade in your finger if your name is zorro.

Amazing trailer!

But for the love of fucking god would you stop promoting your fucking site all the fucking time!? A few links in your signature is fine, but enough with the fucking shame-less self-promotion...

[quote name='SynGamer']Amazing trailer!

But for the love of fucking god would you stop promoting your fucking site all the fucking time!? A few links in your signature is fine, but enough with the fucking shame-less self-promotion...[/quote]

You dumbass, the video is embedded on the page. Did it have to be from that page, no because the video is embedded all over the damn place. Of course, enjoy it elsewhere if you want to see the quality other sites might have with it. Jesus, I didn't make another thread about it, I even did the hide-the-link so you can just click and enjoy without even knowing whatever site you are on to enjoy the damn trailer. So for the love of Shaq-Fu, grow up. People who have web sites use other sites too.

In the last week i've seen your link over a dozen times, and its all rehash of other websites. Comparing the timestamps, you're simply regurgitating what was reported earlier on a more popular site :|

[quote name='SynGamer']In the last week i've seen your link over a dozen times, and its all rehash of other websites. Comparing the timestamps, you're simply regurgitating what was reported earlier on a more popular site :|[/quote]
Lets see my last threads started:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138812 - not even a link to my site at all in the post (only in my signature, where it will stay)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138692 - source was the neogaf forums, if i posted a link to there, and another person posted a link to there, and etc. the images server used by most forums would go down, so i backed up the images.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138657 - from next gen biz, a quality and i would definintely say a more popular site than mine, however, not one i bet a lot of the kiddies frequent (unfortunately).

In fact.. now looking through a lot of my posts (you can see here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1116890 ), I link to my site just as much as any other person who put its in their signature. . except i put it at the start of the post, like the title of a newspaper you are about to read an article from, and if you noticed, i always linked the source where the story was from.

bah hum bug.

So is he on the muslim side or the Crusaders? From the trailer it almost looked like he was taking out both sides...

[quote name='PacoDG']Lets see my last threads started:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138812 - not even a link to my site at all in the post (only in my signature, where it will stay)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138692 - source was the neogaf forums, if i posted a link there, and another person posted a link there, and etc. the images server would go do, so i backed up the images.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138657 - from next gen biz, a quality and i would definintely say a more popular site than mine, however, not one i bet a lot of the kiddies frequent (unfortunately).

In fact.. now looking through a lot of my posts (you can see here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1116890 ), I link to my site just as much as any other person who put its in their signature. . except i put it at the start of the post, like the title of a newspaper you are about to read an article from, and if you noticed, i always linked the source where the story was from.

bah hum bug.[/quote]

What are you going to do with your site when the 360's life cycle is over?

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']What are you going to do with your site when the 360's life cycle is over?[/quote]

Go back to posting on my LiveJournal blog "The Pizza Man Diaries"

[quote name='Spades22']So is he on the muslim side or the Crusaders? From the trailer it almost looked like he was taking out both sides...[/quote]
He fights for the people caught in the middle of the war. Apparently there are some "robin-hood" style missions aside from just pure assassinations.

edit: oh, and gametrailers has a big HD version of the trailer incase anyone wants something bigger.

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of interactive cutscenes and the multi-attacker combat (also sounds dififcult). Probably not a day one game for me since even good ubisoft games tend to drop like a rock in price after a few months...

bread's done
Back