posting from the ds browser!

[quote name='CheapyD']l am using Tne handwriting recognixjon[/QUOTE]
Clearly, CheapyD has ascended to a level that is far beyond that of us primitive keyboard-users. We will deceptively follow him, biding our time, waiting for the moment when he entrusts us with this technology, then we can use it to betray him and take our rightful place by usurping the recogeois empire he built on the backs of the keyboardletariat!

:whistle2:\"
:whistle2:#

Now write "the weakness" for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

What's the cost of it in JPN? Worth the investment? Functionally, is there really a need for a browser on the DS given that chances are wherever there's a wifi connection, people will assumably have another connection device?

I ask out of curiousity, not because I have feelings about it one way or the other...

[quote name='CheapyD']l am using Tne handwriting recognixjon[/QUOTE]
I wonder if it has any problems when you write the word blue...

[quote name='CheapyD']l am using Tne handwriting recognixjon[/quote]

what happened there? translation error or just slopping handwriting? :lol:
that sounds badass though, makes me want a DS again...

This is a good thing...

I was just at the bar last night and realized that they have wi-fi there... it's kind of a seedy bar so I was surprised. Now how f'ing cool would that be if there weren't any chicks there I could whip out my DS and surf CAG?

Man, I really want a wireless router now...If I got a wireless router, would I be able to play PS2 and Xbox through an ethernet cable though? There's no way I'm paying $100 just to play wireless Xbox when I can play it perfectly fine now. But I wanna be able to play Wii and DS and maybe a PSP if I get one wirelessly and surf the intrawebs. Any advice? This browser sounds neat ^_^

WHAT?! you mean that the brower isn't a homebrew?? Its real? When in english, when in english!? ahhhh, way better than psp browsing with the zoom/hand recognition.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Man, I really want a wireless router now...If I got a wireless router, would I be able to play PS2 and Xbox through an ethernet cable though? There's no way I'm paying $100 just to play wireless Xbox when I can play it perfectly fine now. But I wanna be able to play Wii and DS and maybe a PSP if I get one wirelessly and surf the intrawebs. Any advice? This browser sounds neat ^_^[/quote]The router should have a place in the back to plug in the ethernet cables. I use the wireless option for my laptop, while my 360 is plugged in via ethernet.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']what happened there? translation error or just slopping handwriting? :lol:
that sounds badass though, makes me want a DS again...[/quote]

Ah, got to love that technology. Probably similiar to what Palm Pilots use.

[quote name='evilmax17']How's CAG look on it? Take a pic?[/quote]
Yeah i wanna see a picture aswell

[quote name='TimPV3']I wonder if it has any problems when you write the word blue...[/QUOTE]

It will recongnize it right if you write "Brue"

Most (ok, ALL) wireless routers have ethernet ports in them as well. Mine has 4 ports for devices like my pstwo, Xbox, PC etc.. as well as the wireless 802.11 link for my handful of wireless devices.

As long as you can check out the net on the go it's all good with me and more important isn't the PSP already online with download space?

[quote name='RegalSin2020']As long as you can check out the net on the go it's all good with me and more important isn't the PSP already online with download space?[/QUOTE]The PSP now has video RSS support I believe, but yes, it's had a browser for quite some time now, which now supports flash.

From what I've read and seen, the DS browser is really really slow.

Here are two video reviews you can look at.

If you don't bother to watch it, I can give you a short summary:

1. Easily accessible. No instructions needed.
2. Browser is completely in Japanese. (Better take Japanese courses. I am. :p)
3. Load Times blow. Cnn.com took 3 minutes to load.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/QR2yfhBSvR0[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/6-4JfCWnf-I[/media]
The PSP browser also is not that great, too, but if people said this DS Browser is already better than the PSP one, then wow, I am definitely not going to use the one on the PSP.

Supposedly, the firmware on this DS Browser can be updated, correct?

video is pretty impressive, imo. it's cool how it magnifies the page on the top screen...doubt i'll ever get it but the functionality looks sound.

By the way, I recently got a Palm TX and it's browser completely blows away the DS'...it's really fast.

[quote name='musicnoteless']orly? im posting from the psp browser and it sucks...this took me 6 min 2post[/QUOTE]
then you're really slow at typing

[quote name='CheapyD']By the way, I recently got a Palm TX and it's browser completely blows away the DS'...it's really fast.[/quote]

Hey what Browsers does the Palm TX support, I didn't find any info about that, also it would be great if it can support Firefox cause you can edit the string on it to make it faster.

This reminds me . Is there any way to add more functionality to the mobile/archive mode ?

It would help for DS & PSP browsing , if it could be done .

bread's done
Back