Doom 3 Leaked!

[quote name='Neo']Just got the game that way, about to play![/quote]

Please don't post that you stole a game. That is not what CAG is about.

Not cool to
A) Do it
B) Admit it
C) Act like it's ok
D) All of the above

hmm...let's see..I choose D and decide you are an ass hat.

and before banning him, he should be forced to tell me whether or not the game was any good.

I'm not saying that this is wrong or right, but if you're gonna download games off of P2P, then don't announce it here. These people here will never let you hear the end of it (not like that should matter to you if you HAVE a life).

Again, I don't support this kind of thing, but you can do what you want.

[quote name='defender']I think I will speak to CheayD about banning any members who admit to piracy starting with NEO.[/quote]

that might be a bit extreme for a first-time offender; i think a good warning (or flaming :wink: ) will likely deter most people from admitting/discussing things like this habitually.

this guy's obviously just a dumbasshat who didn't realize how stupid his comment was...

I love how all these people try to put me down so severely for it when I know they have downloaded games, music, and/or movies off the internet.

You can try and ban me all you want, I've been here longer than everyone in this entire thread. I'm buying the game Wednesday when my slowass GameStop gets it, I've had it reserved for months, but why should I have to wait for it, when other people have it already. I have patience to wait for games, but not when they are already out and it's my store's fault I don't have it.

Wow, I bet all you kids feel stupid now. I'm spending $55 on it, which I doubt 90% of you are going to do.

I'd support a five day suspension of individuals who take pride in their illegal actions.

Now here comes the tough part: legislating what constitutes an illegal action.

[quote name='BigHow']Now here comes the tough part: legislating what constitutes an illegal action.[/quote]

Yeah, that's why it's a stupid idea. The bitching out by other members is usually enough to keep them from doing it again.

Nah, not that big of a deal to me. It means nothing to me and makes me laugh because I will be putting more money into Doom III than anybody that said anything to me.

[quote name='Neo']I love how all these people try to put me down so severely for it when I know they have downloaded games, music, and/or movies off the internet. [/quote]I've never downloaded a movie/game/music, etc. off the internet. It's still illegal. It doesn't matter if you are going to get the game in a week or not. Good idea to admit you did it, though. :roll:

[quote name='Neo']You can try and ban me all you want, I've been here longer than everyone in this entire thread.[/quote]

dang, beat me by 1 day!

anyway,
I hope you've learned your lesson, and never announce that you ever did anything stupid or illegal, especially to the public, or nevermind...

[quote name='Neo']Nah, not that big of a deal to me. It means nothing to me and makes me laugh because I will be putting more money into Doom III than anybody that said anything to me.[/quote]

The fact that you intend to buy the game does not give you the right to steal it. I understand that there are people who download to try before they buy, or before they can buy, but please do not post that you do it, as it is still illegal, and reflects badly on CAG.

Neo, you're right. A good majority of the people on this site probably do some downloading too. But that is not the point.

The point is that this is Cheapy's site, and to keep it running, he needs the support of the sites and sponsor's that he advertises here. The last thing those speonsors want to see is people talking about this sort of thing. So for the sake of Cheapy and this wonderful site, just keep it to yourself next time.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Neo']You can try and ban me all you want, I've been here longer than everyone in this entire thread.[/quote]

dang, beat me by 1 day!

anyway,
I hope you've learned your lesson, and never announce that you ever did anything stupid or illegal, especially to the public, or nevermind...[/quote]
And you beat me by one day :p
I think banning is too harsh for just admitting to it. Most get flamed to hell when they admit to pirating.

When I posted that, most of the people had joined in 2004. That would be ike someone coming in after I said that and saying, "I was in here before you liar." When I posted that, no one had been and no one still is.

I still doubt barely anybody here is buying the game at full price, so your negative comments mean nothing to me,

I think people just need to understand that issues of morality aside, the biggest issue that Cheapy may be at risk of losing his sponsors.

And if that happens, we all lose.

So just keep quiet, folks.

[quote name='Neo']I still doubt barely anybody here is buying the game at full price, so your negative comments mean nothing to me,[/quote]

What's that supposed to mean? You're not saying that people who look for deals can't criticize thieves, are you?

[quote name='ex0'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Neo']You can try and ban me all you want, I've been here longer than everyone in this entire thread.[/quote]

dang, beat me by 1 day!

anyway,
I hope you've learned your lesson, and never announce that you ever did anything stupid or illegal, especially to the public, or nevermind...[/quote]
And you beat me by one day :p
I think banning is too harsh for just admitting to it. Most get flamed to hell when they admit to pirating.[/quote]

What's the big deal with flaming? "Oh, boo-hoo someone on an internet forum is mad at me. How will I keep on living?" Who gives a f-u-c-k! It's not like you have to see these people in you real life (and even if you did, you could tell them to f-u-c-k off). Flaming has no real impact on anyone's decisions and I hate it when people act like it's a big deal when it happens.

Yeah,...if someone comes on here, claiming that they killed Lacy Peterson, how far would you take it??

Not very.

Piracy sucks, and it hurts sales.

I am totally for downloading imports though, that have been deJap-ped.
It was the only way I could enjoy Tales of Phantasia, Treasure Hunter G, and Bahamut Lagoon, back in the day.

Considering, I played through the translated ROMs, and loved them, I hopped on eBay, and bought the Japanese versions. LEGIT!

I think for some titles, and under certain circumstances, it should be allowed.

What about all of the homebrews out there. I've played a bunch, and while playing, I thought, "geez,..this is so similar it should be illegal".
Although they're not.

As far as Doom 3 goes,..... only a total DICK, would try and damage sales. People have waited an eternity for this game, and then decide they can't wait a few more days. So they support the hackers, and screw everyone else.

You know, without piracy, games could have been as much as $20-30 MSRP.

Don't give me the perfect world b/s. Look at how much a company spends, preventing, battling, and backtracking, just to ensure their rights are upheld.

It's like driving your car. It's a privilege, not your RIGHT. Is it alright for you to carjack someone?? Or, to drive your car recklessly?? Endangering the lives of anyone in your vicinity??

No one owes you anything.

You're the moron who preordered from a store, without getting a guarantee. You're online, so you should've tried an alternate route. It's not like you couldn't pick it up somewhere else.

What a lame ass excuse.

Anyways, I've contacted the neccessary people on this matter. Hope you can mask your IP. You've been tagged, and this site has been linked.
Enjoy.
:)

My GameStop is the first store to get it in my area. Best Buy and Target, etc. get it on Friday. It ships tomorrow, and gets to GameStop on Wednesday, it's like this with every game.

Doom III is releasing at $55 with not that great of an online compared to other games, so they're just asking for people to download it. By the way, GameCube has little to no hacking and pirating, and games are still $50, and they usually more expensive that even Xbox and PS2.

[quote name='Neo'] By the way, GameCube has little to no hacking and pirating, and games are still $50, and they usually more expensive that even Xbox and PS2.[/quote]
What is your fucking point?

I'm against piracy myself. I ahte it when my friend's cousin visits him, because every statement that comes out of his big, fat mouth is "I got/can get that for free!! I can't believe you would actually buy it" His latest victory was a copy of Far Cry he pirated, and hey, "It's the German version, so I can't read it, but I can play it". That guy is a Class A loser. As for Neo here, like I said, I'm against piracy, but I don't blame him for the "Try and Buy" method. If he's buying it, then there isn't any big deal.

"You know, without piracy, games could have been as much as $20-30 MSRP. "

Are you kidding me? Games have ALWAYS been the price they've been at, even before rampant Internet piracy. ( I am well aware that there was piracy even with the oldest games )

I'm not about to defend Neo, but I will say banning him for his comment is really damn harsh.And wow, to whoever said they've never downloaded anything illegally, you're about as rare as people who don't flatulate. By the very nature of the term 'illlegal,' you're downloading illegal materials this very second. Let's see, how many of you people with these avatars - albeit VERY kickass - have sought the permission of the original authors to edit and/or reproduce their work? There's a MASSIVE grey area there, and I'm sure you've stepped in there at some point.

But yeah.... ease up on the piracy talk, as in zip it altogether. Everyone's made a point - some more harshly than others - and it is that piracy will, at the very LEAST, hurt this site.

In the meantime, I'm going to take my piracy soapbox to another thread. LOL

I'm not even trying it to see if I'll like it, and I know I will anyway, so that's not a problem. I've already given GameStop, who is the place who gets the games the earliest where I live, $55, so I am set.

LOL, I knew that was coming, but the cloest EBGames is twice as far, and GameStop is the only reliable place to pre-order where I live, and they get the games 2 days before anyone else.

The manager and workers there are nce though and it's a very well run store, so I'm not supporting the people you had to put up with RF. Also, about the money I'm sending you, it's transferring from my bank to my PayPal account now, so it should be sometime later this week that it appears in my PayPal, I'll PM you then.

OK I ADMIT!..I DOWNLOADED PONG!! PLZ DONT TELL N E ONE OR FLAME ME!!

Piracy is wrong...and Drone..the FBI handles the matters of piracy n all that and so far..there really hasn't been much of a change. Plus they can't get Neo for saying that..there just not enough evidence on him.

but ppl spend years making this game...and the sales effect their career. It sux that someone could just click n get it in a matter of hours. It just wrong. I think the try and buy thing is cool..but thats what demos r for! I kno Doom 3 didnt have a demo, Neo said hes gonna buy it..thn thats cool nuff.

I know.

I didn't contact anyone.

I was just messing with him.

It is still wrong.
Another thing, when I get home tonight, I'll have the discussion about game prices.

They would have been substantially lower, and I'll explain later.
Now, I'm off to work.

[quote name='Neo']My GameStop is the first store to get it in my area. Best Buy and Target, etc. get it on Friday. It ships tomorrow, and gets to GameStop on Wednesday, it's like this with every game.

Doom III is releasing at $55 with not that great of an online compared to other games, so they're just asking for people to download it. By the way, GameCube has little to no hacking and pirating, and games are still $50, and they usually more expensive that even Xbox and PS2.[/quote]

And with the system requirements having lots of people in doubt. It ran really shittily on my 2.6 Ghz comp that is only 7 months old with decent specs...it was so horrendous I just uninstalled it and gave id software the big fu.

As for people pirating the game, I hear it's over 30k on Bit Torrent alone...that's pretty damn high.

In other news, one of my friends helped make the program to allow invalid CD keys to play on LAN for Doom 3...

I think its kind of harsh to ban someone for admitting piracy. N00bs occasionally post about stealing or scamming, and yet I haven't seen any threats of bans even though technically the situations are similar. Don't get me wrong, piracy is still a "bad thing" but it does not necessitate this hostility.

For every one member who posts about piracy, there are dozens of others on the boards who keep their mouths shut about it. They do get flamed though, so it wouldn't seem like all CAGs are doing it.

As for piracy raising prices of games or destroying careers, that is BS. Video games have always been at or around the current price point, and now have only begun to drop because the market is so competitive.

A good deal of game developmers fold regardless of how the game does, and job security for programmers is already tenuous.

To attribute all that to piracy is just ludicrous. Of course piracy does have an effect, but not to the extent that people make it out to be. [/my two cents]

Oh yeah, also who gives a flying shaq fu how much you paid for the game? This is CAG after all, so admitting you paid retail is enough humiliation already. It doesn't make you better than anyone else, in fact it does the opposite. :?

bread's done
Back