Employee of the Month trailer released (starring Dane Cook)

I wonder if Dane Cook can act...

DAAAAX! After he left Punk'd, that shit started getting boring.

EDIT: Just saw the trailer, looks hilarious. Reminds me of that one Spongebob episode :lol:

I don't see what everyone loves about Dane Cook. His whole act is like:
"Is this joke funny? HOW ABOUT IF I SCREAM IT LIKE THIS?! IS IT FUNNY NOW?!"

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i will prob end up seein it, but you could put ryan reynolds in the Cook part and it would prob be funnier[/QUOTE]
They do kind of look alike with that beard...that would be even better!

RR FTW!

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Someone's jealous...[/QUOTE]

Of him being relatively famous? Yeah, that'd be sweet, but to me he's still a shittier version of Carlos Mencia, if that's even possible.

To each his own though, I'm not gonna rag too hard.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']10 bux says Dane Cook is funnier than that guy in your avatar[/QUOTE]Can I just have 10 dollars, too?

Reality's Fringe;2086227]Of him being relatively famous? Yeah said:
That's definitely not possible. Carlos Mencia is the holocaust, 9/11, and the great depression in "comedian" form. He is a no talent piece of shit riding on the coat tails of Chappelle's show. Hell, he's not even Mexican. As for Dane Cook, I'm not the biggest fan of him either...but he's about 1000000 times funnier than Carlos Mencia. I'm offended that you actually said someone is less funny than Carlos Mencia.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']10 bux says Dane Cook is funnier than that guy in your avatar[/quote]

After reading that and then looking at his avatar, I honestly laughed out loud.

Yeah, man, don't say people are worse than Ned Holness. Even a douche like Cook doesn't deserve that. Being burned alive, sure, but not that.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i will prob end up seein it, but you could put ryan reynolds in the Cook part and it would prob be funnier[/quote]

It'd be better to have it be the both of them. I'd see that three times, one to watch Ryan the whole time :drool:, one to watch Dane the whole time :drool:, and then another time to actually pay attention to the movie.

[quote name='DJ K8E']It'd be better to have it be the both of them. I'd see that three times, one to watch Ryan the whole time :drool:, one to watch Dane the whole time :drool:, and then another time to actually pay attention to the movie.[/QUOTE]Oh...man...hoo-boy...

[quote name='DJ K8E']It'd be better to have it be the both of them. I'd see that three times, one to watch Ryan the whole time :drool:, one to watch Dane the whole time :drool:, and then another time to actually pay attention to the movie.[/QUOTE]

well thats, not what I was goin for, but whatever works for ya ;)

Huh. I generally try to avoid seeing "comedy" films starring "comedians" if the trailer doesn't even make me crack a smile.

The funniest part of the trailer is Reality's Fringe.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']That's definitely not possible. Carlos Mencia is the holocaust, 9/11, and the great depression in "comedian" form. He is a no talent piece of shit riding on the coat tails of Chappelle's show. Hell, he's not even Mexican. As for Dane Cook, I'm not the biggest fan of him either...but he's about 1000000 times funnier than Carlos Mencia. I'm offended that you actually said someone is less funny than Carlos Mencia.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: sevdustflyer: A Man who fucking HATES Carlos Mencia.
Though, I don't like him either, as most of his jokes are basically "BEANER! SPIC! *screams into microphone* WHITEY! *tells joke but ends it in Spanish*.

It's just Dane Cook is more topical for me since someone recently tried to get me into him and what I heard just wasn't funny. I've seen a few youtube clips and tv appearances that went the same way.

Very little of his act involves screaming, so I'm wondering how much of it you've seen.

[quote name='Trakan']It's been on Youtube for a while. Dane Cook is the only thing this movie has going for it.
Really? His latest newsletter says it's exclusive, though that linked to his myspace profile where I couldn't get the flash video there to work.

Mencia sucks...

Dane Cook is kinda of like the Dave Matthews of comedy in that the more you hear his material, and the more you see his idiotic fans you start to hate him more and more even though you initially enjoyed his comedy.

Although, no current comedian compares to Mitch Hedberg. RIP Mitch.

At the dinner table when they were talking, someone says "so that employee of the month thing isn't really working out for you, is it?" Was that Buster from Arrested Development?

[quote name='WAJedi']At the dinner table when they were talking, someone says "so that employee of the month thing isn't really working out for you, is it?" Was that Buster from Arrested Development?[/quote]
It was Andy Dick.

Carlos Mencia is a piece of shit and shouldn't be even in the same sentence as Dane Cook(damn you sentence).

I've been a fan of Dane Cook since I saw his comedy central show like 4 or 5 yrs ago. Now he's uber popular.

[quote name='dastly75']Carlos Mencia is a piece of shit and shouldn't be even in the same sentence as Dane Cook(damn you sentence).

I've been a fan of Dane Cook since I saw his comedy central show like 4 or 5 yrs ago. Now he's uber popular.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw Dane Cook at SUNY Cortland when he wasnt that well known about 4 years ago. His act was hilarious, and he did numerous improvised things making fun of people in the audience that couldn't have been pre-meditated due to the unique circumstances transpiring in said audience.

[quote name='dastly75']Carlos Mencia is a piece of shit and shouldn't be even in the same sentence as Dane Cook(damn you sentence).

I've been a fan of Dane Cook since I saw his comedy central show like 4 or 5 yrs ago. Now he's uber popular.[/QUOTE]
Agree, I've loved Dane Cook for a while but recently all of his popularity has gotten him noticed by a bunch of dumbasses who kill his material faster than the whole "I'm Rick James, bitch" line. Its bound to happen when any entertainer becomes mainstream but God I hate those kinds of "fans".

Mencia is garbage. He steals jokes from Ron White, not even really a Mexican, says crap that isnt funny and then blames it on people alledgedly not understanding the joke, etc. He just keeps saying the same shit over and over and over and acts like hes the first person to say any jokes about race.

[quote name='whiteboy']Mencia is garbage. He steals jokes from Ron White, not even really a Mexican, says crap that isnt funny and then blames it on people alledgedly not understanding the joke, etc. He just keeps saying the same shit over and over and over and acts like hes the first person to say any jokes about race.[/QUOTE]...his first name is Ned

I gotta see this movie, but for only the fact that they do basically everything I've wanted to do in my Costco werehouse. Like that damned boss of mine, next time he decides I'm not good enough, get the forklift and dump his car in the top steel.

[quote name='whiteboy']Agree, I've loved Dane Cook for a while but recently all of his popularity has gotten him noticed by a bunch of dumbasses who kill his material faster than the whole "I'm Rick James, bitch" line. Its bound to happen when any entertainer becomes mainstream but God I hate those kinds of "fans".

Mencia is garbage. He steals jokes from Ron White, not even really a Mexican, says crap that isnt funny and then blames it on people alledgedly not understanding the joke, etc. He just keeps saying the same shit over and over and over and acts like hes the first person to say any jokes about race.[/quote]

When I first saw his original comedy central special a few years back I thought he was pretty damn funny. Then I listened to more material and found it not to be all that funny and more often than not direct rehashes of his older material. I seriously saw him on about four different specials over a years period and it was almost the same act. He's got a huge head I guess for his recent fame over the past two years - if you've read any of his newsletters you'd probably pick up on this. He keeps alluding that he is akin to the spiritual successor to Steve Martin - which he is nowhere near in the realm of.

He also has this mildly patronizing tone that I can't stand - you know that whole thing when a rockstar comes out and says "oh thank you all so much for coming to see me. you make it all worth it... you guys are the best" and it just feels like some shallow self-adulation. some performers are good at disguising that and wearing some air of humbleness - dane is not.

Dane Cook's okay, but like a lot of entertainers, the fervor his fans have for him just fucking *ruins* everything about the guy.

There are legions of better comedians out there, and there are comedians whose material output is far greater than Cook's. His first CC special is at least 6 years old, and he just managed to put out another album last year. That's either (1) laziness, (2) a lakc of creativity, or (3) a willingness to rest on one's laurels except to cash the paychecks. None of those I have any respect for. So many comedians have far more prolific bodies of work, including George Carlin (who's had three feet in the grave for well over a decade), Robin Williams, Bill Hicks, and plenty of others.

Cook, on the other hand, has the same approximate amount of metrial as Mitch Hedburg, and that fucker's been dead for two years!

He was, it seemed anyway, heavily featured in promotions for the movie "Waiting," yet he was hardly in the movie at all. Fine by me, as George Lopez (?) was the best character in the whole movie, other than the dishwasher.

This movie looks funny. I'll be damned if I pay $9 in the theater or $20 for a dvd of this, however.

My thoughts, in list form:

- the "How dare you, this is an '81..." part is hilarious

- on a personal level, how can I not like it? I've worked at Sam's Club before. Movies like this you have to see if you work in retail, because it gives you hope that something kick ass can happen while you're working. (OK, that's really naive and asinine to think that real life would reflect a movie, but still.)

- Dane Cook is OK -- funny guy indeed. However, just like everything else, he's "the" hot thing right now and you gotta put with everyone kissing his ass constantly.

[quote name='mykevermin']Dane Cook's okay, but like a lot of entertainers, the fervor his fans have for him just fucking *ruins* everything about the guy.[/QUOTE]

After posting I read this and it summarized my thoughts on Cook exactly.

I never heard of Dane Cook until I started watching Tourgasm - it was pretty good but I think he was the third funniest guy (out of 4) on the show. To be fair though they didn't show a lot of his material... probably saving it for the September 4th HBO special.

Yeah, definitely. Gary Gulman and even Robert Kelly are funnier than Dane Cook. The only thing funny about Jay Davis is his Clay Aiken hairdo.

[quote name='javeryh']I never heard of Dane Cook until I started watching Tourgasm - it was pretty good but I think he was the third funniest guy (out of 4) on the show. To be fair though they didn't show a lot of his material... probably saving it for the September 4th HBO special.[/quote]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Very little of his act involves screaming, so I'm wondering how much of it you've seen.

[/QUOTE]

I've heard audio of his standups. I remember a joke involving a guy getting hit by a car that involved a lot of screaming, a joke yelled about shitting in some coats, and some yelling about his job at Burger King. Just not my kind of thing.

Reality's Fringe;2088166]I've heard audio of his standups. I remember a joke involving a guy getting hit by a car that involved a lot of screaming said:
He does a 'little' yelling in the car one, doesnt really yell at all during the coats part.

This movie looks really funny. Best part was at the end when Dax said "well I guess I get a little anal" lol.

Cook's ridiculous fans just really ruin all of it. When he came to URI three years ago, barely anyone knew him and it was amazingly funny. This past spring, everyone was yelling out the punchlines and shit and I wanted to shoot myself.

[quote name='mykevermin']He was, it seemed anyway, heavily featured in promotions for the movie "Waiting," yet he was hardly in the movie at all. Fine by me, as George Lopez (?) was the best character in the whole movie, other than the dishwasher.[/QUOTE]

You mean Luis Guzman because George Lopez was no where to be seen in the movie.

As far as the movie goes, I like Dane Cook but this movie doesn't look like it's going to be funny enough.

[quote name='jasonlives13']You mean Luis Guzman because George Lopez was no where to be seen in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Holy Crap. Realizing who George Lopez is (i.e., not funny), I realize my folly. Luis Guzman is fucking fantastic in that movie. I worked with dozens of him in my life.

Aw dude! Dane Cook, yeah man! Lets get together and watch his stuff then play some bags and listen to Dave Matthews!

He tries too hard to get his jokes over and appeals way too much the frat boy lifestyle.

[quote name='mykevermin']

He was, it seemed anyway, heavily featured in promotions for the movie "Waiting," yet he was hardly in the movie at all. Fine by me, as George Lopez (?) was the best character in the whole movie, other than the dishwasher.

This movie looks funny. I'll be damned if I pay $9 in the theater or $20 for a dvd of this, however.[/QUOTE]

Dane Cook wasnt in the movie Waiting, that was Ryan Reynolds. Thats the guy I said could easily do a better job than him for whatever part Cook got.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Dane Cook wasnt in the movie Waiting, that was Ryan Reynolds. Thats the guy I said could easily do a better job than him for whatever part Cook got.[/quote]

Dane was in it too, he was in the kitchen. I think he had tats too.

Yep... http://imdb.com/name/nm0176981/

Wait, he's in Transformers? What is Dane Cook going to do in Transformers? I knew they would ruin it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Dane Cook wasnt in the movie Waiting, that was Ryan Reynolds. Thats the guy I said could easily do a better job than him for whatever part Cook got.[/QUOTE]

Ryan Reynolds was one of the starring roles in the fucking thing; I said that Cook was heavily promoted, but only a bit role in the actual movie. He was one of the line cooks.

Well, y'know, if Cook was as amazing as frat boys' boners would lead you to think he is, you would have remembered his performance.

As it stands, well, not remembering he was in the fucking thing reifies that he's vanilla fucking ice cream.

bread's done
Back