Jackie Chan and Jet Li to do a movie together

darkcrawlspace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2261221&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

HONG KONG Aug 1, 2006 (AP)— A movie costarring two of the biggest names in kung fu cinema Jackie Chan and Jet Li is nearly a sealed deal, with the only outstanding issue being the script, Chan said Tuesday.

"All the hurdles have been overcome. The only problem left is the script," Chan told The Associated Press after a press conference to promote his new action comedy, "Rob-B-Hood."

"We need a script that he approves and I approve. If that goes well, shooting will start in March or April in Shanghai," he said.

Asked about the plot, Chan suggested it will be action-oriented fare, saying he and Li must defer to the movie's Hollywood backers.

"It will be more American-style. It will be more suited to foreign audiences than Chinese audiences," he said. "If you make a Hollywood movie, of course you have to follow their wishes. They're paying us so much money."

Great news!! It would be awesome if they did more movies together. Always wanted to see a "Double Dragon" movie with them in it.

This would have been the greatest action movie of all time if it were made 10 years ago.
Both these guys are past their prime but I still wanna see this.

[quote name='Roufuss']wtf? Wasn't Jet Li retiring?[/QUOTE]
I saw a trailer for some movie of his that touts "Jet Li's last film." Is this another "Target exclusive" kind of "marketing"

...way too many quotes.

"They're paying us so much money."

That's all you need to read, really, in regards to Jet Li's retirement. Wasn't Too Short the rapper supposed to have 'retired' from music years ago? exactly. Jay-Z's 'retirement' seems to be coming to an end too according to sources, so nothing lasts for ever especially if the dollar amount is right.

I've waited almost 20 years for this, I've had this wish since the late 80s when both stars rode to stardom in HK. Now the film better be in Cantonese and not Mandarin or English.

I thought I read it was no more MA movies, but he would do a serious acting movie if it came his way and liked the script. He wanted to concentrate on more meaningful work then action. Oh well, hasn't been the first time news has been wrong.
If he is changing his mind, It will be interesting to see his reason why.

You have to wonder how Chan feels about this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0114437/

Jet Li leaves the police due to his feelings of guilt after a terrorist incident goes very badly. He becomes the bodyguard to a character blatantly modeled on Jackie Chan and secretly begins performing his stunts as well because the action star has lost his nerve.

JAckie Chan was reportedly very much not amused and supposedly Jet Li made a personal apology.

[quote name='DJ K8E']Get Jason Statham to jump in the fray, and Kurt Wimmer to direct and it'd be legendary.[/QUOTE]
I dont know who those guys are but I say hey....lets throw in fucking Chuck Norris and make it a Kung-Fu Party.

Chuck will kick everyone's ass with his roundhouse kicks. That's because todays world is a Chucktopia!

[quote name='epobirs']You have to wonder how Chan feels about this one:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0114437/

Jet Li leaves the police due to his feelings of guilt after a terrorist incident goes very badly. He becomes the bodyguard to a character blatantly modeled on Jackie Chan and secretly begins performing his stunts as well because the action star has lost his nerve.

JAckie Chan was reportedly very much not amused and supposedly Jet Li made a personal apology.[/QUOTE]

I saw that movie in the theater (Kung-Fu Week at the Roxie movie theater in San Francisco) and yeah...they had a character that was very much a copycat of Jackie Chan. He was always drunk in the movie.

[quote name='Xevious']I dont know who those guys are but I say hey....lets throw in fucking Chuck Norris and make it a Kung-Fu Party.

Chuck will kick everyone's ass with his roundhouse kicks. That's because todays world is a Chucktopia![/quote]

Lemme run down the street and ask him if he'll be in it... :rofl:

[quote name='DJ K8E']Lemme run down the street and ask him if he'll be in it... :rofl:[/QUOTE]

But what if he asks you if he can buy you a drink?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']But what if he asks you if he can buy you a drink?[/quote]

Gee, let me think about that one, oh yeah, wait a minute, he's married. Don't ask dumb questions, please, it just wastes time.

[quote name='DJ K8E']Gee, let me think about that one, oh yeah, wait a minute, he's married. Don't ask dumb questions, please, it just wastes time.[/QUOTE]
It was a joke... :roll:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']It was a joke... :roll:[/quote]

And here I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. :whistle2:k

[quote name='DJ K8E']And here I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM&search=excuse%20me%20princess[/media]

[quote name='Xevious']I saw that movie in the theater (Kung-Fu Week at the Roxie movie theater in San Francisco) and yeah...they had a character that was very much a copycat of Jackie Chan. He was always drunk in the movie.[/QUOTE]

I saw it at the Kuo Hwa in San Gabriel. (Think near Pasadena for those not familiar with the region.) It was a great place that run big movie in both theaters. One for Mandarin and the other for Cantonese. Most of the time it was a different feature in each theater. Lots of really wild stuff but it went under after about five years.

My fondest memory was when they first opened they had 'Rumble in the Bronx' in the original that had just opened in Hong Kong a week earlier. My friend and I thought we were the only non-Asians there when I spotted one other guy. I didn't know him but had a suspicion and shouted out, "Hey, Andy!" Sure enough, it was the HK action moving loving reviewer from the LA Reader.

There was a two year period when we went there at least three times a month. Part of the ritual was going to one of the nearby chinese specialty supermarkets and buying snacks we couldn't identify until we actually ingested them.

[quote name='DJ K8E']And here I thought jokes were supposed to be funny. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Is there some sort of running gag here, or are you just a total bitch?

[quote name='TimPV3']Is there some sort of running gag here, or are you just a total bitch?[/quote]
No, I'm just a girl who doesn't take the shit that every other guy here seems to want to throw my direction, just because I happen to have two X chromosomes. That's all.

[quote name='Xevious']What is Jet Li gonna do about all the wires?!? Jackie Chan doesn't do wires....[/quote]

I guess you haven'y see some of his new flicks like The Myth and New Police Story. Stunt wise there was plenty of wires but if your talkling about fighting, Li has always been about flashy moves while Chan bases all his moves on real fighting styles.

High Risk was a cool film (one of the few films that I wore out on vhs) that suprising as Wong Jing is a god awful director (even though I think the best parts fall on Corey Yuen's skills).

[quote name='DJ K8E']No, I'm just a girl who doesn't take the shit that every other guy here seems to want to throw my direction, just because I happen to have an extra X chromosome. That's all.[/QUOTE]
Just a helpful piece of advice: for future reference, you may just want to say "two X chromosomes."

"An extra X chromosome" makes it sound like you're claiming to be mentally retarded.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just a helpful piece of advice: for future reference, you may just want to say "two X chromosomes."

"An extra X chromosome" makes it sound like you're claiming to be mentally retarded.[/QUOTE]

keep kicking her guys. :razz:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']keep kicking her guys.[/QUOTE]
Whoa now, fella...that wasn't meant as an insult to her, Google "extra x chromosome" and see what you get.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just a helpful piece of advice: for future reference, you may just want to say "two X chromosomes."

"An extra X chromosome" makes it sound like you're claiming to be mentally retarded.[/quote]

Fixed, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't fact check everything before I post it. :roll:

man i hope some Chinese dude directs it. i love Chinese/ Japanese karate movies.

i also love both Jackie Chan and Jet Li

[quote name='DJ K8E']Fixed, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't fact check everything before I post it. :roll:[/QUOTE]
No need for the snark, there's no problem. I was just diffusing a landmine.

I'm still waiting on Nintendo to do an ingame conversation between Zelda and Link where he says that very line... well... if Link actually, you know, ever talked in a Zelda game.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']No need for the snark, there's no problem. I was just diffusing a landmine.[/quote]

Wasn't going for snark, at least not consciously.

You know what movie I actually liked? "The One." Especially the fight scene near the beginning where bad Jet Li takes out all of the guards.

They should make a movie like that.

[quote name='shieryda']Now Jackie needs to get another project going with Yuen Bao and Sammo Hung. THAT would be frickin' amazing.[/QUOTE]

Well in Rob-B-Hood Yuen Biao is in it.

[quote name='trunks982']Well in Rob-B-Hood Yuen Biao is in it.[/quote]

Really? I didn't check the cast. That should be interesting, then...

bread's done
Back