Legally changing my name

Theduck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was about to go to work when the idea of changing my name came into my mind. I don't really know what triggered this, maybe the fact that I'm crazy, not sure tho. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have any info, tips, or ideas about this topic. I've also brought this up to a few people... My mom isn't suprised, she knows how weird I am, and a few friends said yes, others said no. I've also looked up on the interweb about this, even found a site online that'll prepare the documents for me, I'm just not sure if I want to go trough with it.

Oh, and I'm big on Egyptian stuff so I was thinking the name Osiris. I brought this up to one of my friends and he then wanted to be Thor, which caused me to burst out laughing. Good times at work... Discuss!

My best friend, has repeatedly said, he wants to change his name to Aidan Jaye Walker. Doesn't like any of his three names, and wants to change them all. I'd change mine, but, even though my name is kind of boring, I can't think of a good name anyway, so it's a wash.

The only thing I heard is that it's kind of a long process to get that information to everyone, governments, family, businesses, credit card companies, and various other things.

I'd be curious to get some information on this too, as I've been considering changing my last name back to what it was supposed to be (it was changed during the red scare due to being too russian sounding).

I wouldn't. If for nothing else than various applications have had questions regarding name change on them. Having to put "I changed my name on a whim, because I'm wacky" probably won't go over so well to people who'd be reading such a form.

[quote name='jmcc']I wouldn't. If for nothing else than various applications have had questions regarding name change on them. Having to put "I changed my name on a whim, because I'm wacky" probably won't go over so well to people who'd be reading such a form.[/QUOTE]

Or emo.

[quote name='Chacrana']Can't beat a name like Atreyu.[/QUOTE]
Except when it's taken by a terrible band.

The biggest hurdle would be to get your friends and family to call you by your new name.

You-Hey man, while you're up can you grab me a beer?
Friend-Sure thing, Marcello.
You- Actually, it's Osiris.
Friend- fuck you 'Sirus, get you're own damn beer.

I mean, you can always just get them to call you Osiris and not actually legally change it.

My feeling is that name changes is like hyphenated last names, it's more work for other people that don't give a shit one way or another.

[quote name='Stuka']If I were going to legally change my name it'd be to 'The All-Father, Odin'.[/QUOTE]You'd always be getting your ass kicked by dudes named Fenrir, though.

[quote name='jmcc']You'd always be getting your ass kicked by dudes named Fenrir, though.[/quote]
T[FONT=verdana, gil sans, geneva, helvetica]ouché.

At least my son would fuck that nigger up though
[/FONT]

:lol: I love this place.

Jimmie made the best point of all tho, I could legally change it but everyone except for new people will still call me marcello. A point which one of my friends made, but I didn't listen. The paperwork would be a pain in the fucking ass too. Which brings the whole I'm really lazy part of my life to perspective.

180px-Marcello_8_and_a_half.jpg

I suggest you change it to "Max Power". "Osirus" is for lameos. One by the name of Max Power has an excuse to be decisive, uncompromising, and rude. Because that's the way Max Power is. Trust me, you'll have the ladies runnin from miles to strap themselves in and feel the Gs!

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Max Power.[/QUOTE]

You son of a bitch.

printed.jpg

That's my vote. "What's your name?" "Take a look-see at my money cunt."

That or Bison Dele.

P.S. Is the "C" word a no-no? If so, VERY sorry. No sarcasm.

Change it to Cats, and walk around all day saying HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN !!

Somehow, you will have to verbally emote the exclamation marks, as well as the space between them and the word gentlemen.

[quote name='Brak']Except when it's taken by a terrible band.[/QUOTE]

Never heard their music to be honest. Just think that if he's going to be pulling names like Osiiris, Atreyu can't be that terrible of a choice.

You should probably be aware of this:

One of the so-called "dying gods", he was the focus of a famous legend in which he was killed by the rival god Seth... Seth took advantage of Isis's temporary absence on one occasion, cut [Osirus's] body to pieces, and cast them into the Nile...Isis searched the land for the body parts of Osiris, and was eventually able to piece together his body, whole save for the penis, which had been swallowed by a crocodile (according to Plutarch) or a fish (according to Egyptian texts). In some Egyptian texts, the penis is buried at Memphis. Isis replaced the penis with a reasonable facsimile, and she was often portrayed in the form of a kite being impregnated by the ithyphallic corpse of Osiris.

http://www.greatdreams.com/osiris.htm

Your new theme song could be "Detachable Penis" by King Missle!

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Max Power.[/QUOTE]
"Max Power
Its a name you'd love to touch, but you musnt touch
His name sounds good in your ear
But when you say it you musn't fear
For his name can be said by anyone"

[quote name='Moxio']Change it to Cloud, Sephiroth, Vaan, Zidane, or Tidus.[/quote]

If he did I'd personally find him and hit him in the balls with a golf club once a day everyday at random times.

[quote name='Purple Flames']If he did I'd personally find him and hit him in the balls with a golf club once a day everyday at random times.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Purple Flames']If he did I'd personally find him and hit him in the balls with a golf club once a day everyday at random times.[/QUOTE]

You'd better watch out. If he picked Zidane he might headbutt your ass to the ground.

[quote name='Strell']You'd better watch out. If he picked Zidane he might headbutt your ass to the ground.[/QUOTE]
Nah, cause OP would be a ZINO (Zidane in name only).

I remember that you have to get a background check, finger prints, and you also have to go to court, to see if the judge will allow it.

Once thats done you also have to pay for a listing fee in a newspaper. Saying that your John Doe and is now known as Jane Doe or something like that.

It also cost about $250 total for all the paperworks. About a six months process.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'd be curious to get some information on this too, as I've been considering changing my last name back to what it was supposed to be (it was changed during the red scare due to being too russian sounding).[/quote]

That actually would be a good reason to do so

I knew someone who changed their name, but I didn't find out about the whole process as I haven't seen him since shortly after his 18th birthday (and you have to be 18 to change your name).

bread's done
Back