GameFly for Canadians!!!

Meh. I was with GameAccess for a couple of months. I wouldn't really recommend them unless you live in Quebec (where they ship from). I'm in Southern Ontario, and it would take 5 days to return a game by mail, and another 5 for them to send out the next one. Not really worthwhile imo.

I agree, the customer service and concept is great, but the long delay between games kinda kills it. I would sign up again in the future if they were to open a closer distribution centre.

[quote name='ladyisatramp']I agree, the customer service and concept is great, but the long delay between games kinda kills it. I would sign up again in the future if they were to open a closer distribution centre.[/quote]

agreed - the customer service is fantastic. They definitely get 5 stars for that.

cool, i'm actually thinking about subscribing to this. dont mind waiting for the shipment so much (figure ill have another one out while the first recycles) but does anyone know how good their availability is. I mean i've heard with some of these online stores you have to wait a long time just for the game u want to become available (others are already renting copies of the one u want).

Other than that, i think its still way cheaper than actually buying x360 games... has anyone tried www.canflix.com? also let u rent games online and actually have a much better subscription fee too. Looking at their x360 games tho, although they have a good collection, seems almost all are "available soon" (others are already renting it, they dont have xtras)... is this a major problem with most online renting services? or is the problem not as bad as im thinking it is.

I'm with canflix, been with them for about 4 weeks now. They've been really good, my first rental had a missing disk, and they didn't give me any trouble at all. As far as the game selection, it's a pretty solid library, but they seem to be short stocked. They have everything, just only a couple copies of each.

My first rental came in 3 days.

They also have the click return option that some of the online sites are using now. Where you can tell them that you dropped the game in the mail, and they will send out your next selection without waiting for it to get to them.

Highly reccomended so far.

Oh and Canflix is the only company in canada that I found, that does movies and games.

And to answer the guy that asked about online rental services.

You pay a flat monthly rate, and get x amount of movies/games.

I'm on a 4 discs for 25/month.
I go on the site and make a list in order of preference.(They ask for 20 titles)
They send me out my top 4 items that are in stock, and once I amd done with them I toss them in the mail and click a box on the website to let them know that the movies are on the way, and they grab the next highest thing on my list and send it off.(Some places have you wait till they recieve the item)

I can keep the game movie as long as I want (good for rpgs like oblivion that consume millions of hours). No late fees, or restocking fees.
Now if I play 4 games a month which should be the minimun, I end up saving a few bucks. Block buster has 360 games at about $9 4 games would be 36 bucks.

Not to mention some games you don't need that long, or care to play for long, in which you send it back and have a new one in about 3 days.

The only down side to this system, is that it doesn't work for those immediate cravings, and if you want a new release, you had best put it high on your list before it comes out. i.e. I got gears of war on mine since day 1. They go in order of who's had it on theres the longest. I've heard of month long waits.

I was a member of Canflix for almost 3 months and I found that they are amazing for movies but for video games they really suck! If you are a real gamer go with www.gameaccess.ca They have every single game on every single console, there is litterally not a single title I can think of that they dont hold. Plus their stock level is amazing, unlike with Canflix, I always get games from the top of my queue selection.

As for Jimmycannuck, I live in Toronto and it usually takes 3 days to get my games, I think you might have a shitty mail man buddy...

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

I've been with gameaccess.ca for about 2 weeks now. I live in Surrey, BC and it takes 6 days for a game to get here >

EggViper I think they give some sort of priority to the paying members because me to on my free trial they sent me average pics, but when I became a paying member the games sent to me started getting much better and now I only get games from my top 5 to 10. Anyways like you say with the price of games skyrocketing it's still way cheaper to rent the games on gameaccess.ca than to buy them!!!

Well I am subscribed to Rent game canada at http://www.rentgame.ca
They have a option I like of Quick Return. When you return a game you click it on your queue list and they send you a game back before they receive your game. So it cut the waiting time in half.

Saldor

I recently subscribed to gameaccess.ca for three months at half price thanks to a Tuango deal. I reserved Deus Ex : HR which was sent yesterday August 22nd. Since they are based in Montreal it shouldn't take long to reach me at Quebec City, let's see...

I tried Gameaccess for a month a while back. I hated it. I thought it'd be a great way to get games, beat them quickly, and exchange for another, I was wrong. First of all, I got screwed out of the 2 game package bonus offer because of some error on their site. Second, I only got 3 games in the entire month. I sent 2 of the games back the day after receieving them because I forced myself to beat them in 1 day so I'd be able to send it back for another.

The first game arrived in 4 days I believe it was, not bad. The 2nd took 10, and the 3rd took 7 (including weekends). So for 21 days out of the month, I didn't have a game to play. And the 3 games I did get, I kept them for a combined total of 5 days. It was not worth the money to me.

I also thought it was retarded that they charge you extra money to use the service that allows you to tell them when you sent the game back in order to cut down on the time between games. Also, I didn't receieve any of the games in my top 5.

This company is doomed the second Gamefly gets into our market, if it ever happens.

PS: This thread title is misleading. I thought Gamefly finally came to Canada when I saw it..

[quote name='imad']I recently subscribed to gameaccess.ca for three months at half price thanks to a Tuango deal. I reserved Deus Ex : HR which was sent yesterday August 22nd. Since they are based in Montreal it shouldn't take long to reach me at Quebec City, let's see...[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just rent it from Superclub Videotron instead? I'm pretty sure they let you rent a game for 5-7 days at only 2.99.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This thread is from 2006, just ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha. I didn't even notice! I had Game Access several years ago, and cancelled, then recently re subscribed about 8 months ago. The overall service has been hit or miss, but for the most part I've been happy. It's about 3-5 business days each way, so there certainly can be a delay, but I have a 3 game plan, so the trick is to rotate the returns, to always have at least ONE fresh game to play at a time.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Why didn't you just rent it from Superclub Videotron instead? I'm pretty sure they let you rent a game for 5-7 days at only 2.99.[/QUOTE]
game rentals at the Superclub near me cost 6.99 for 7 days or just 3 days for new titles like Deus Ex :booty:

EDIT: received the game the 24th so 2 days after they sent it or just one day after release, not bad !

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back