Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) PO Bonus @ GameCrazy - Art Collection Book

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I noticed that in addition to being priced at $34.99 (it's $39.99 on EB's site), GameCrazy is listing a promo item for a PoR preorder, all it said was "20th anniversary gift pack" or something along those lines.. I was told i'd get it when the game ships. So.. just a heads up. No idea what it is, just something to keep an eye out for.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

//10-05 update: "20th anniversary deluxe art collection book"

The only thing that gets my mind out of the Cheapass Way when it comes to purchasing games is if it comes with a preorder. Hopefully, this is something interesting.

I got some $20 over there that I have no use for, might as well do this if the bonus turns out to be juicy, and EB doesn't have it as well.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have more info? Still pretty cool that's it $34.99 there and $39.99 everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

$39.99???

Sorry, but I think that is honestly too much for a DS game, Castlevania or not. That would have to be one hell of a preorder if EB / GS got this to make me shell out that kind of money.

every CAGer should pick this up right away and not wiat for some kind of price drop. if it's anything like other castlevania games you'll end up paying more than 34.99 for it a few months down the road.

[quote name='Roufuss']$39.99???

Sorry, but I think that is honestly too much for a DS game, Castlevania or not. That would have to be one hell of a preorder if EB / GS got this to make me shell out that kind of money.[/quote]
As far as I know, the only DS games that have actually released at 39.99 anywhere were Viewtiful Joe (which dropped to $30 at Best Buy almost instantly) and Dragon Booster :lol: There may be a few others, but let's say it's more likely that EB will drop the price to 34.99 by November.

[quote name='botticus']As far as I know, the only DS games that have actually released at 39.99 anywhere were Viewtiful Joe (which dropped to $30 at Best Buy almost instantly) and Dragon Booster :lol: There may be a few others, but let's say it's more likely that EB will drop the price to 34.99 by November.[/QUOTE]

The Star Wars Episode III game was $39.99 for a long time, and just finally dropped. Lunar Dragon Song was also $39.99 when it first came out. I'm sure there are others.

I've never had any interest in Castlevania, but seeing as how the last one became scarce I might put my GC credit to use on this if the preorder bonus turns out to be anything worthwhile.

Thanks for the heads up, this reached the CV forum I frequent and I rushed out today to get my pre-order done!:) I was going to do it anyway but this news made me want to do it sooner just in case.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Ooo.. Makes me wanna get it there. I wonder what it is, I'll wait to find out.[/quote] I placed my pre-order for Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin at Game Crazy, and the employee mistakenly gave me my gift at that time. It's a t-shirt with GAME CRAZY in large letters on the back and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin in tiny letters on the front.

I'm just kidding.
18f5521aav0.gif

[quote name='DeathDealer']If thats what you get for pre ordering I think I will pass on that. I still havent gotten Dos yet.[/quote]
Uh...the t-shirt thing is just a joke.
18f5521aav0.gif

I didn't pre-order Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, but I did get a free bulky Perfect Dark Zero voice-recording ink pen when I renewed my Game Crazy membership. They have many Xbox360 shirts, Xbox360 lanyards, and Halo 2 lanyards that they can't seem to get rid of.

[quote name='DeathDealer']If thats what you get for pre ordering I think I will pass on that. I still havent gotten Dos yet.[/quote]
Good luck finding a copy. It is currently OOP (Out of Print)

[quote name='klyco']Good luck finding a copy. It is currently OOP (Out of Print)[/quote]

There's a GameRush near me with about 4 NEW copies.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']What's the joke? what's not legit?[/QUOTE]

The picture of the shirt on the first page.

According to konami.com the game doesn't come out until Fall 2007.

gotta be a typo, no way the game would be delayed a whole year and a month, if anything maybe spring 07, but i think its a typo.

[quote name='0192837465']gotta be a typo, no way the game would be delayed a whole year and a month, if anything maybe spring 07, but i think its a typo.[/quote]
Hope your right. But there's a seperate game release date page on their website that also says Fall 2007.

http://www.konami.com/gs/gameslist.php?pid=8

I wouldn't say it's not possible. I mean once a company shows a preview for a game sites such as ebgames and gamestop start listing release dates which many times are not confirmed by the company themselves. And they usually do end up being much later than first anticipated. But yes this is a big delay if true.

[quote name='DeathDealer']Yeah, theres a TRU that has a few copies, and a BB that has had some for months now.[/quote]

How long have the copies been there?

it's a typo. they've mentioned several times in video interviews that the game is coming out this year around november/october.

also, they wouldn't be doing the amount of press and buzz-building they've been doing lately, if it were going to come out next fall.

I just quickly glanced at this thread so I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but I was just at a Game Crazy, and the employee told me that the pre-order gift was something like a poster with pictures from all of the Castlevania games.

[quote name='inthegray']it's a typo. they've mentioned several times in video interviews that the game is coming out this year around november/october.

also, they wouldn't be doing the amount of press and buzz-building they've been doing lately, if it were going to come out next fall.[/quote]

It may or may not Fall 2007, but I highly doubt it's still coming out 06. And yes I know they've mentioned it was planned to be out this year but that means nothing.

[quote name='Scorch']Saw an advert for it.. it's a deluxe art book collection[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, deffintly alot better then the CD that GS is offering + its not supporting that crappy corporation.

If the Art Book is in store now I'll pre-order tommorrow to grab the book. If it comes with the game when it ships I'm not sure.

Caastlevania: deluxe art book
Marvel UA: Deck of cards
Guitar Hero 2: set of 4 guitar picks
Call of Duty 3: Game Crazy/Call of Duty 3 dog tags
Tony Hawk P8: $5 OFF any activision game (not used over 29.99)
Mortal Kombat: Poster of every character
Metal Gear Solid Port. OPs: PSP Case
Death jr. DS: Scythe Stylus

Those are the ones I know about... oh Scarface poster made from entire script from movie.

I should probably put this in its own thread

[quote name='Scorch']Saw an advert for it.. it's a deluxe art book collection[/quote]

I honestly want both. Can't I just return a new copy of a game back to Gamestop?

[quote name='espy605']If someone manages to pick up the art book, let us know![/QUOTE]
I get every single Pre-order gift that comes through GameCrazy because I work there also the PO gifts don't come until the day the game comes.

[quote name='M1C13']Caastlevania: deluxe art book
Marvel UA: Deck of cards
Guitar Hero 2: set of 4 guitar picks
Call of Duty 3: Game Crazy/Call of Duty 3 dog tags
Tony Hawk P8: $5 OFF any activision game (not used over 29.99)
Mortal Kombat: Poster of every character
Metal Gear Solid Port. OPs: PSP Case
Death jr. DS: Scythe Stylus[/quote]

The PSP case looks sweet.. theres also a mustang shelby gt unlockable thing for NFS Carbon I think.

man there's some good preorder deals coming up.

bread's done
Back