Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) NEW $38.49

[quote name='javeryh']wasn't this $5 at CC a month ago?[/quote]

Yeah, I checked the list and saw it was $5. I'm sure most CCs don't have it anymore.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Im hoping one day this will be a GH, or maybe one day i wont be so cheap and pick up the game.[/quote]

It's not gonna be a GH.. it's out of print/discontinued. Don't give your hopes up on it being really cheap though. I made this topic for CAGs who didn't get a chance to pick this up at that CC sale.

Ummm. It's probably cheaper to buy a dreamcast and this game. I'm pretty sure i've seen this game for $20 at gamestop.

What I want to know is why the hell hasn't the price dropped on that ancient game - same goes for most SF games. :puke:

[quote name='Scrubking']What I want to know is why the hell hasn't the price dropped on that ancient game - same goes for most SF games. :puke:[/quote]

It's a great game.. but since it discontinued, the price will only increase. I think it was cheap at some point..

i hope u guys did the ebgame sale they had. It was over the weekend where you buy one preowned game you get one free. They had this in stock for 35 bucks but you get another game for free. Any ways I did 2 of these deals which ended up to be about 75 bucks where i got 2 copies of MVC2 and 2 copies of MGS2S. I am hoping to sale both copies of MVC2 for about 50-60 each on ebay.... plus shipping and everything the MVc2 ended up to be about only 20 bucks

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']i hope u guys did the ebgame sale they had. It was over the weekend where you buy one preowned game you get one free. They had this in stock for 35 bucks but you get another game for free. Any ways I did 2 of these deals which ended up to be about 75 bucks where i got 2 copies of MVC2 and 2 copies of MGS2S. I am hoping to sale both copies of MVC2 for about 50-60 each on ebay.... plus shipping and everything the MVc2 ended up to be about only 20 bucks[/quote]

I thought this sale was at Gamesop.com

Hope you get the game since a LOT of stores online (at least 5 that I checked) have the game listed but don't actually have the game in stock. Never been to that site though. Anyway, the game's excellent, although the PS2 version is dummied down a bit with smaller sprites and stuff than the arcade and DC versions, making it harder or impossible to execute some combos.

With Capcom out of the Marvel license, this game may be the last one in its series and since many people don't own any current gen. system but a PS2, this version is the one they have to get if they want the game. And that's why the price is so jacked up. But what other SF games go for over $20 other than SFZ3 for the Saturn?

Where is everyone getting the idea that MvC2 fetches 50-60 on ebay? Last time I checked, a used copy goes for about 20-35 bucks. You can get MvC2 from FYE new for 30 bucks.

The EB B&M here has a ton of both Xbox and PS2 versions of this game, for $34.99 used. It's the sealed ones that go for $50-60 on ebay. Saw a sealed Xbox version go for over $80 a couple weeks ago, which is insanely overpriced.

The only major flaw with Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is that it's a CD based game.. would've been better if it was DVD based. Othen than that, there's slow loading times, smaller sprites, etc. I can't see how it would go for $80, unless you're one hell of a collector. But again, it's the last of it's kind for PS2.. get it while you still can.

[quote name='Gosha']Where is everyone getting the idea that MvC2 fetches 50-60 on ebay? Last time I checked, a used copy goes for about 20-35 bucks. You can get MvC2 from FYE new for 30 bucks.[/quote]

I haven't seen this at any local B&M store for a very long time. I ordered a pre-played copy from gamestop.com on their BOGO. fye.com has the xbox version for $39.99

http://fye.com/catalog/gamesProduct.jhtml?itemId=10895505

This game is already rare because it's discontinued. I heard capcom's license for using marvel characters ran out and most likely will not be renewed in the forseeable future. Thus they cannot legally publish this title anymore.

EDIT: fye.com offers free shipping on orders over $49.

Even being a DVD would've meant nothing. It hardly takes up all the CD space anyway. CVS2 was on a DVD and with its dummied visuals, it didn't take advantage of any of the space either.

[quote name='Ganelon']Even being a DVD would've meant nothing. It hardly takes up all the CD space anyway. CVS2 was on a DVD and with its dummied visuals, it didn't take advantage of any of the space either.[/quote]

No, it would've meant something. Do you realize how many people can't get MvC2 to work, even half the time? For some weird reason, it works just fine on the older PS2s, but on the new.. well, that's something else. And for CVS2.. I'll agree for the most part, but they decided to keep some of the "old shit". On a side note, the whole CD flaw business does not apply to all new PS2s, just a heads up.

If anybody wants spiderman 2 for ps2, if you would pick me up a copy of marvel vs capcom 2 for ps2 id trade straight up...

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing'][quote name='Ganelon']Even being a DVD would've meant nothing. It hardly takes up all the CD space anyway. CVS2 was on a DVD and with its dummied visuals, it didn't take advantage of any of the space either.[/quote]

No, it would've meant something. Do you realize how many people can't get MvC2 to work, even half the time? For some weird reason, it works just fine on the older PS2s, but on the new.. well, that's something else. And for CVS2.. I'll agree for the most part, but they decided to keep some of the "old shit".[/quote]

I think you got the whole new and old ps2 thing confused, it's the older models that receive the DRE's the most, especially on blue bottom discs. The newest model 5000+ seems to rarly have DRE.

[quote name='Howeraing'][quote name='QuiteBitterBeing'][quote name='Ganelon']Even being a DVD would've meant nothing. It hardly takes up all the CD space anyway. CVS2 was on a DVD and with its dummied visuals, it didn't take advantage of any of the space either.[/quote]

No, it would've meant something. Do you realize how many people can't get MvC2 to work, even half the time? For some weird reason, it works just fine on the older PS2s, but on the new.. well, that's something else. And for CVS2.. I'll agree for the most part, but they decided to keep some of the "old shit".[/quote]

I think you got the whole new and old ps2 thing confused, it's the older models that receive the DRE's the most, especially on blue bottom discs. The newest model 5000+ seems to rarly have DRE.[/quote]

That's all from what I've heard, don't quote me on that one. I found it strange also.

I know this game is 30 bucks at FYE because I've seen it with my own eyes with a $29.99 price tag, this is for both Xbox and PS2. I'd pick one up, but I already have the DC version.

[quote name='scsg75']The EB B&M here has a ton of both Xbox and PS2 versions of this game, for $34.99 used. It's the sealed ones that go for $50-60 on ebay. Saw a sealed Xbox version go for over $80 a couple weeks ago, which is insanely overpriced.[/quote]

Its not just the sealed ones that go for alot. I sold a used one and it went for $54 last week.

This is not a part of the review but it is worth mentioning. The game is a CD based game rather than the newer DVD based games for the PS2. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but the loading is forced and has several glitches. When I asked about this on the message board the suggestion was that something was wrong with my console. I cleaned the lens and check other games but the problem was exclusive to MvsC2. I finally got out my old PS2 that was one from the launch models. It worked fine on this machine but gave my newer PS2 some kind of indigestion. While I do not pretend to know the reason for this, it appears that the format of the game and the way it is written on the CD rather than the DVD may be a problem to newer PS2s in rare cases. I have monitored the message board here and noted that I am not the only one with this problem. Many other posters asked the same question and were accused of mistreating their system to the odd and unfortunate effect of the console singling out this one game to have trouble with.

Taken from:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R46379.html

Ingore his shitty review.

These are an easy sale on ebay I had a few sealed and sold them like hotcakes a couple of times minutes after listed for $60 shipped

If anybody wants spiderman 2 for ps2, if you would pick me up a copy of marvel vs capcom 2 for ps2 id trade straight up...

makes me want to pick up a few from my local ebgames seeing as they go for $34.99 there. I just recently got the xbox ver, which I think is pretty accurate to the DC ver, except for the addition of a gallery and easy mode.

soory grant i'd take you up on that offer, but I already got the cube version of SM2. Might what to try the trading forum.

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']
This is not a part of the review but it is worth mentioning. The game is a CD based game rather than the newer DVD based games for the PS2. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but the loading is forced and has several glitches. When I asked about this on the message board the suggestion was that something was wrong with my console. I cleaned the lens and check other games but the problem was exclusive to MvsC2. I finally got out my old PS2 that was one from the launch models. It worked fine on this machine but gave my newer PS2 some kind of indigestion. While I do not pretend to know the reason for this, it appears that the format of the game and the way it is written on the CD rather than the DVD may be a problem to newer PS2s in rare cases. I have monitored the message board here and noted that I am not the only one with this problem. Many other posters asked the same question and were accused of mistreating their system to the odd and unfortunate effect of the console singling out this one game to have trouble with.

Taken from:

Ingore his shitty review.[/quote]

Look at the date on that review, dude. The new PS2 + versions work perfectly unless defective. I haven't heard anything bad about them nor has mine ever done something strange. The ones right before the remodeling tend to have lots of issues. I've personally played 4 PS2's extensively, 3 of them "pre +" and none of them have ever died on a CD game. However, I have heard of this issue discussed way more than I'd care to hear so I'm sure lots of PS2s have crappy lasers. I get your point about CDs though.

[quote name='Ganelon'][quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']

Taken from:

Ingore his shitty review.[/quote]

Look at the date on that review, dude. The new PS2 + versions work perfectly unless defective. I haven't heard anything bad about them nor has mine ever done something strange. The ones right before the remodeling tend to have lots of issues. I've personally played 4 PS2's extensively, 3 of them "pre +" and none of them have ever died on a CD game. However, I have heard of this issue discussed way more than I'd care to hear so I'm sure lots of PS2s have crappy lasers. I get your point about CDs though.[/quote]

Damn, didn't see the date. 01/03/2003. :shock:

No typo. They just don't have any more copies. Though if you provided the $1000, they'd likely make an exception and custom produce one more copy for you. What a deal, huh?

bread's done
Back