Shenmue Goes Online

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Sega takes Yu Suzuki's magnum opus to new territories.
August 03, 2004 - Korea-based Online game developer JC Entertainment announced today that it is working with Sega on the development of an Online game based off the Shenmue series, Korean newspaper Chosum Ilbo reports.

The title, which has been in development since February of last year, has a development and marketing budget of 30,000,000,000 won ($25,945,455 US). The marketing budget is said to include costs for both Korea and overseas. A closed beta test is planned for November of this year, with an open trial expected to begin in the first half of 2005.

A platform for the game has not been revealed, but given the Korean development background, we presume a Windows release is most likely.

--------------------
This is some great news for us Shenmue freaks.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Even with MMORPG fees, are there enough Shenmue fans to make back that $25 million to develop the game?[/quote]

this will probably be the first MMO I play

Wow 26mil for a budget to produce this? I hope they can recover that loss. I mean this sounds like a awesome/unique Idea, but I don't know how many people are going to buy into it.

Personally I just want to see Shenmue Collection which was the rumored Shenmue title awhile back which would include 1,2 and 3. At the very least Sega could finish up Shenmue 3 to shut alot of people up, including me.

[quote name='XboxMaster']How do you make a Shenmue MMORPG?[/quote]

I guess you walk around, drive a forklife, and wait for the clock to hit 6 so you can meet a guy at the arcade.

[quote name='Ericnmel99']^^^ yeah.....they are petty awsome. Too bad we'll never be able to play the game in the states.[/quote]

I hope they use those graphics to make the new game.

To me that looked more like screens of Shenmue 3 and not of an online game.

That said, I really hope they bring the game to America. I would def. be willing to throw down some cash to play the game every month

I WANT SHENMUE 3, this game is one of the best time passers in the universe and it's loads of fun!
there needs to be a 3rd installment not that other shit.

thanks,

hM

Yay, first Phantasy Star games stop coming, and now Shenmue!

I suppose next they'll can Sonic. Not like they've been doing a good job with Adventure anyway.

If this game is good we could get it here, and if its popular we could see the third or more games in the series made.

bread's done
Back