Any Good TV Series similar to 4400?

hero101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
207 (100%)
I'm in the middle of watching the 4400 and was wondering if the CAG community could recommend me any other series that could jump into? Thanks for future input and recommendations.:lol:

4400 people aducted by the people from the future (within a 60 year period) and returned to earth with special power (sort of like x-men & x-files combined). They are suppose to prevent to future event that destroy the earth. Damn, I'm bad at telling stories. :roll:

I'm watching season two by the way.

[SIZE=-1]Odyssey[/SIZE] 5 - Astronauts in space see the earth blow up, a friendly alien sends them back 5 years (?) to try and prevent it from happening again. Like with most shows that were on Showtime, it was cancelled before it finished.

If you're looking for Sci-fi, then check out "Threshold", which was a fantastic show that was cancelled after only about 13 episodes. It revolved around a dream team of scientists and geniuses assembled by the govt to deal with an impending alien invasion.

The "complete" series will be out on DVD later this month. However it's not really complete because they never got to make the season finale.

Apparently the Sci-Fi channel has bought the rights, but it doesn't say what they'll do with it.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0460686/

[quote name='hero101']I'm in the middle of watching the 4400 and was wondering if the CAG community could recommend me any other series that could jump into? Thanks for future input and recommendations.:lol:[/QUOTE]

So, waiting from week to week for the next damn episode is driving you crazy too, huh?

[quote name='techstar25']If you're looking for Sci-fi, then check out "Threshold", which was a fantastic show that was cancelled after only about 13 episodes. It revolved around a dream team of scientists and geniuses assembled by the govt to deal with an impending alien invasion.

The "complete" series will be out on DVD later this month. However it's not really complete because they never got to make the season finale.

Apparently the Sci-Fi channel has bought the rights, but it doesn't say what they'll do with it.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0460686/[/QUOTE]

I agree, Threshold was awesome. Even TV Guide raved about it, I just thought they were doing something similar to Monk (on USA), splitting the season in half. But it...never came back. Now I'm sad. :(

Also, Kolchak: the Night Stalker is awesome, and I'm referring more to the original than the remake. The remake is/was ok, but the original has a very cool, kinda cheesy B-movie feel to it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ATQYWY

And of course, X-Files, which IMO is the best show of its type.

I picked up the first season of 4400 a while ago, but haven't started watching it yet. I doubt they're very similar, but if you want a good SF show, I would strongly recommend checking out Farscape. An astronaut accidentally opens a wormhole in space and gets sucked into a far distant universe. The show is basically his adventures while trying to get back home (as well as avoid a villain that sets new standards for nastiness)

Heroes on NBC sounds pretty similar. It hasn't started airing yet, but the pilot has been released/leaked so you can check that out. Same sort of deal, normal people that develop powers and need to save the world.

bread's done
Back