Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ BestBuy.com

It's worth $4.99 and so much more. I picked it up at full price and loved it. Traded it, recently picked it up again.. such a great game.

Picked it up. God I hope this goes BC. I have a reg xbox, but I really want to put it away since it takes up so much room.

great game the only thing i didnt like about it is the weapon strike is to powerful of a mix with powerups guns should be the main in these games instead theres people running and choping over n over ruins the fun a lil.

[quote name='Skelah']great game the only thing i didnt like about it is the weapon strike is to powerful of a mix with powerups guns should be the main in these games instead theres people running and choping over n over ruins the fun a lil.[/quote]

There are ways around that. You just need to be more agile than your slice happy friends and not be afraid to get plugging away at them with your explosive type weapons. Although it could be toned down a bit next time. Instead of them doing as much damage the real fear that they bring you will be the stun attack from three consecutive hits. Also they should add a throw manuever that doesn't do a lot of damage unless you hit a wall or a person. What it really does it build up stun damage.

Well back to the topic. I'm going to buy a second copy because damn this is cheap.

Fine. I can't resist anymore. I keep putting it off, I don't think it's going to get much lower than this.

Want it if for no other reason than the Mortal Kombat characters that are unlockable.

I've read some reviews and I gotta admit I'm not really the biggest multiplayer arena shooter fan.

Is the single player in the game simply a progressive bot deathmatch? Or does it hold its own?

I'd really only pick this up if the single player is worth $5.

I was thinking of going and picking this up but I was wondering if this price is the same in-store or do the prices differ from the website? Also, does BB match their online prices like CC?

The singleplayer offers great bot-play, both in instant action and levels. However, there's simply no getting around it. This is an arena DM/CTF game with half guns, half swords.

Note, if you don't like people slicing each other (And be honest, swords are just as useful as guns. You don't see that sort of balance just anywhere.), remember, you are insanely agile. Pick a fast character like Selket ("Running won't help you... I'm faster." Sorry, just love that line.) or Lauren and leap around like a crazy woman. You have speed, wall jumps, double jumps. Most folks won't be able to slice you if you keep hopping around. While you're doing that, fill the chaser full of explosive splash damage (Splash damage more than direct hits, because if they see what you're doing, they'll try to deflect.)

So is everyone just eating the shipping cost here, or is there some way around it that I don't know about? I mean this is CAG, and I haven't heard a peep about shipping yet... just wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.

Ah yes, instore pickup... hmm, the nearest store that has it in stock is kinda far away. I guess I'll just do it with shipping; from the sound of it there ain't a damn thing wrong with paying $6.98 for this game.

I just called, my BB is selling it instore for 14.99

So the guy was like, after shipping charges it would be that much anyway

:rofl:

I just said to him I'll do instore pickup and get it for 4.99.

Now I just hope its not sold out before I go to work.

Just a friendly notice - i have about 5 copies of the game guide for this that are going in the trash very soon. If anyone wants for shipping costs/paypal fee only, send me a PM.

[quote name='seanr1221']I just called, my BB is selling it instore for 14.99

So the guy was like, after shipping charges it would be that much anyway

:rofl:

I just said to him I'll do instore pickup and get it for 4.99.

Now I just hope its not sold out before I go to work.[/quote]

Usually the online price will match the in-store price. I doubt the guy actually scanned it, he probably just looked at the shelf tag.

[quote name='guessed']Usually the online price will match the in-store price. I doubt the guy actually scanned it, he probably just looked at the shelf tag.[/quote]

And the shelf tag is $4.99. Say good bye to this game by the end of the week people.

I did in-store pick up by changed my mind as I had no store to sell it to for a profit. I can still pick it up before the week is over but yeah... if you guys know of a place to sell it then let me know please (PM me).

Yet again I miss the deal by two weeks or less. Just got this off eBay for about $10 (that includes shipping) and received it in the mail a couple days ago. I would've got it much sooner based on reviews, but the message board consensus is that the online 'community' (not the best choice of words for gamers) is and has been almost nonexistent for some time now. The question is: is the single-player portion worth your time? I don't see the Live element returning, even if this game does cost $5 at Best Buy.

Picked one up in-store. BB.com had the closest store listed as "unavailable" for store pick-up, but I tried my luck anyway. There were three copies in the racks with a tag and sticker price of $49.99. Brought it and two copies of the AutoAssault guide to the front and shocked the new cashier.

Ok, picked it up while on my lunch break. The tag still said $14.99, so I felt extra-good about getting it for 5 bucks.

Most stores in my area were sold out. I lucked out in that the one by my work was one of only two stores in a reasonable area to have it.

Man, as much as I hate Microsoft for pissing all over the XBox now, I have to admit there have been a few damn good deals lately. I suspect more will be on the way as Christmas approaches and the XBox takes its last breaths.

Cool! Thanks for the deal OP, picked up a copy for myself. No local stores had any in stock, but 1.99 for shipping is doable.

Got it for 4.99 B&M. I also nabbed a Timesplitters FP for 9.99!

We should get some games going in Unreal though since a bunch of us just picked it up.

Thanks OP and CAG for the deal listing. Picked one up and two bucks shippings isnt bad. Would cost more in gas to go and pick it up.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Man, as much as I hate Microsoft for pissing all over the XBox now, I have to admit there have been a few damn good deals lately. I suspect more will be on the way as Christmas approaches and the XBox takes its last breaths.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'll say it's really only the non BC titles that are going to take a nosedive like this... no reason to keep them in the store because, as you said, the Xbox is taking its last breath.

I was 1/2 way through ordering this and I realized it wasn't BC, so no deal for me.

I can get one and maybe, eventually it will go BC, but I think in 2008 the game will be pretty cheap everywhere ;)

The botplay is worth your time, though they are bitches with the sniper rifle.

Come on, though, it is an UNREAL game. Unreal Tournament, anyone? OF COURSE the bots are capable of carrying the game. You think this is Nightfire or TWINE64 or some EA product? Get real!

[quote name='jollydwarf']Yet again I miss the deal by two weeks or less. Just got this off eBay for about $10 (that includes shipping) and received it in the mail a couple days ago. I would've got it much sooner based on reviews, but the message board consensus is that the online 'community' (not the best choice of words for gamers) is and has been almost nonexistent for some time now. The question is: is the single-player portion worth your time? I don't see the Live element returning, even if this game does cost $5 at Best Buy.[/quote]
maybe since lots of CAGs have gotten the game from this sale, we could all get together and play...you know what? that sounds like a good idea...i'll make a thread if there isnt one already about it :)

EDIT: here's the link to the thread about the CAGs getting together for some Unreal champ 2 games

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103607

[quote name='seanr1221']It's really kick ass from what I've played, well worth the 5.00[/quote]

Reviews like that make all the pimping worth it. You ever get that warm tingly feeling when you introduce someone to a great game?

[quote name='swetooth9']maybe since lots of CAGs have gotten the game from this sale, we could all get together and play...you know what? that sounds like a good idea...i'll make a thread if there isnt one already about it :)

EDIT: here's the link to the thread about the CAGs getting together for some Unreal champ 2 games

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103607[/QUOTE]
Sounds bad ass... I'm all in for this as soon as my copy arrives in the mail. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back