- - - - -

Shopping Morality Thread

#301 XP1   XP1 CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

There are a lot of people posting about their bans. Read the posts here while they are still fresh:
http://www.cheapassg...view=getnewpost

EDIT: Posts have been moved to a new thread:
http://www.cheapassg...ing-discussion/

#302 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7195 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

So MS just delisted 11 WP7 games, so if my phone breaks now I'll never be able to get those games back, games I paid money for!

Anyone care to comment on why it's ok for MS to do this, bearing in mind recent events.

OuN33jx.png

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#303 Bulls23  

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Deals

#304 texasnightowl  

texasnightowl

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

So, I'm new to this morality thread but apparently this is where I need to be since I'm fed up with the fraudsters on the Target B2G1 and 30% threads. Scanning the coupon and using an app (SnipSnap?) to put it on your phone so only the barcode shows when the original coupon is printed out by Target coupon printers at the register and is supposed to be invalid if scanned, etc.

Then the folks purposely buying 3 games with the B2G1 and returning 2 of them...on purpose!...to get the 3rd game for $2 or $3 or in some cases for free and/or with money back!

I admit to buying several games with the B2G1...9 in fact!  But with one exception, all games that I wanted and intend to play. And that one exception was one I let the electronics dept. guy talk me into.

I guess I spent too much time over in those threads over the past week and it continuously went downhill as the week went on.

And speaking of coupon and/or return fraud...can we or should we report specific posts?

Currently Playing:  :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf,  :ds: Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns

(Recently finished:  :ps3: Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 ... yes, I'm behind the times)

31 Jan 2015: My launch era 80gb PS3 from January 2008 finally overheated like so many others.

#305 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

It's really a clear indication that this site is quickly becoming slickdeals lite. It's sad to see but these types of blatant fraud and flips have become so prevalent lately that it's really hard to miss at this point. It's too bad because this website always seemed different with at least somewhat of a positive community feel rather than the cesspools other deals sites are.

#306 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8525 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's really a clear indication that this site is quickly becoming slickdeals lite. It's sad to see but these types of blatant fraud and flips have become so prevalent lately that it's really hard to miss at this point. It's too bad because this website always seemed different with at least somewhat of a positive community feel rather than the cesspools other deals sites are.

Just to add to this, they do this here knowingly to keep away from other deal sites that really don't care to keep things more active for there own purpose on this site.

#307 Ferrari Racer   Amiibo Wars: Wave 5 CAGiversary!   3473 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

hi guys enjoy the thred

are you gonna start spamming in here too?

#308 thereefernander   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

thereefernander

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

I was at a liqour store buying at 6 pack the day of the superbowl. I paid on my card and asked if I could get two fives for a ten. He agreed and gave me the two fives then took my ten, finalized my transaction and looked confused and handed me another two fives....I quietly walked towards the door swiftly I felt guilty though.
htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#309 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6584 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

I had an amazing occurrence of positive morals on ebay.  Had an item where I had shipped it to the buyer (in Brazil) in October. In January he contacted me regarding wanting a refund since the item was clearly lost (tracking stopped at customs in Miami).  I gave him the refund and took the loss since I apparently forgot to insure the package.  Much to my amazement, in March the buyer contacted me saying that the item had just arrived (5.5 months later) and he wanted me to know what my paypal email address was so that he could send me the money for the item.

I let him know the email address and didn't hear anything back for a few days, then I got the notice from paypal that he sent the money.  Needless to say I thanked him profusely as most people in that situation would probably just consider it a bonus and keep both the money and the game. 

538822.png

#310 qbanita   Has been playing Lumines Electronic Symphony
Vita

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:37 AM

I had an amazing occurrence of positive morals on ebay. Had an item where I had shipped it to the buyer (in Brazil) in October. In January he contacted me regarding wanting a refund since the item was clearly lost (tracking stopped at customs in Miami). I gave him the refund and took the loss since I apparently forgot to insure the package. Much to my amazement, in March the buyer contacted me saying that the item had just arrived (5.5 months later) and he wanted me to know what my paypal email address was so that he could send me the money for the item.

I let him know the email address and didn't hear anything back for a few days, then I got the notice from paypal that he sent the money. Needless to say I thanked him profusely as most people in that situation would probably just consider it a bonus and keep both the money and the game.

Wow that's really rare!

Glad to hear there is some honesty out there still :)

Equistina.png

#311 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Just had an experience at the local Best Buy. Went in to pick up my MK 8 pre-order. I approached the .com pickup line and no one was there; but there was a manager sitting at a desk on the phone. Five minutes passed and She got up and walked past me and asked if I'd been helped, I said I hadn't and she radioed someone.

Some nerd came by and just looked around and said to himself, "help who? There's no one here." I waived to him and he walked out to the manager and told her he was with a customer so he couldn't help me. -_-'

Just as I'm typing up my email to complain once I got the survey, the same manager comes back and asks for my last name. She couldn't locate my item so she asked what I purchased and I said MK8. She looked it up and couldn't find it. She asked for my order number, rather than say it out loud I hand her my phone to scan the barcode on the email; but she manually entered it instead.

She went to the cage in the back and came back with a Wii U Mk8 bundle. I was still typing away on my phone when she asked me to sign...dumbfounded I did a double take and looked up at her. She handed me a pen, i signed and stood there thinking the guard at the door would surely call me out on this when he checked the receipt. I figured i'd chance it since that's what the manager gave me.

The guard at the door just smiled asked for the receipt and ran his fingernail through the receipt and said, " see you next time boss." With that, my fellow CAGs, I walked out with a brand new Wii U with MK8 for $47.99 + tax AND I also redeemed my $10 gas card a few moments ago.

Upon further inspection it was not the manager's fault, whomever did the .com order fulfillment put my order for MK8 as the Wii U MK8 as the order sticker was on the side.

Did I feel a bit guilty? For a split second, but as soon as I loaded the Wii U into my car I felt okay :).
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#312 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2140 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

Just had an experience at the local Best Buy. Went in to pick up my MK 8 pre-order. I approached the .com pickup line and no one was there; but there was a manager sitting at a desk on the phone. Five minutes passed and She got up and walked past me and asked if I'd been helped, I said I hadn't and she radioed someone.

Some nerd came by and just looked around and said to himself, "help who? There's no one here." I waived to him and he walked out to the manager and told her he was with a customer so he couldn't help me. -_-'

Just as I'm typing up my email to complain once I got the survey, the same manager comes back and asks for my last name. She couldn't locate my item so she asked what I purchased and I said MK8. She looked it up and couldn't find it. She asked for my order number, rather than say it out loud I hand her my phone to scan the barcode on the email; but she manually entered it instead.

She went to the cage in the back and came back with a Wii U Mk8 bundle. I was still typing away on my phone when she asked me to sign...dumbfounded I did a double take and looked up at her. She handed me a pen, i signed and stood there thinking the guard at the door would surely call me out on this when he checked the receipt. I figured i'd chance it since that's what the manager gave me.

The guard at the door just smiled asked for the receipt and ran his fingernail through the receipt and said, " see you next time boss." With that, my fellow CAGs, I walked out with a brand new Wii U with MK8 for $47.99 + tax AND I also redeemed my $10 gas card a few moments ago.

Upon further inspection it was not the manager's fault, whomever did the .com order fulfillment put my order for MK8 as the Wii U MK8 as the order sticker was on the side.

Did I feel a bit guilty? For a split second, but as soon as I loaded the Wii U into my car I felt okay :).

And to this day that WiiU has done little more than collect dust...  :rofl:

#313 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:20 AM

And to this day that WiiU has done little more than collect dust...  :rofl:

Fast forward 9 months...if he's been playing SSB I'm sure it's getting plenty of use. If not, then you are probably correct. 

joshTX.png