Fred Meyer Sale: Yoshi's Island $10, 30% off Clearance (GBA Micro $56)

amishler

CAGiversary!
I was at Fred Meyer (108th Ave and SE 176th St in Renton, WA in case it's YMMV) last night and noticed a couple of really good deals. First, they had Yoshi's Island (GBA) for $10. The sale tag said the price is good through Saturday.

They also had signs all over the electronics department for 30% off the marked price for clearance items. One of the clearance items was a black GBA Micro; it was priced at $80, so it should ring up at $56.

Of course, this being Fred Meyer, they ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous. You could also pick up a cart-only GBA copy of Donkey Kong Country 3 for the low, low price of $29.97. Despite the fact that it was in a large, GBA-box sized plastic container, they put the sticker directly on the back of the game. It didn't even appear to be on clearance.

Thanks, I'll have to check for Yoshi's Island.

edit:

Snagged a copy! I missed this when it came out on SNES, so I'm pretty excited. Thanks again, amishler!

[quote name='Riyonuk']Is it the players choice version, of Yoshis Island?[/QUOTE] It is, unless your Fred Meyer somehow has an older copy of it. All of the ones at the store I visited were Player's Choice. I know it makes a difference if you're collecting, but I was happy to find any version of it for such a good price. I'll be putting it in DS case with a custom-printed label anyway, so I'll never see the PC label again. :D

i scored a couple of good deals from this sale:

star wars rogue squadron III: rebel strike (gcn) for $10.99
mechassault 2: lone wolf limited edition (xbox) for $9.99

one was from the fm in redmond, wa, and the other was from the fm in bellingham, wa.

Ha, I was wondering why I hadn't seen this posted yet. I saw it there a few days back and finally decided to pick one up today. It's a little steep for my cheap-ass tastes (especially if I'm not using trade-in credit), but everyone says it is such a great game I figured what the hell... It would actually be a bit cheaper at EB even at $19.99 (since my credit runs at less than 50% cost due to trade-in deals). The problem at EB is finding a non-gutted copy :roll:.

Target had the originals clearanced for $14.98 or so a few months back and I passed it up hoping for $7.48, but never saw them again.

What sucks about the $9.99 price is that you only get 1 Fred Meyer reward point (they come with $5 purchase increments, so it is 1 penny short!). So I bought an ink cartridge (which I will expense to my company) at the same time. Hopefully they won't mind the Yoshi's Island on my receipt when I submit it :rofl:.

Oh yeah, and the rest of their clearance prices were utterly craptacular, as usual. I was VERY surprised that they had a regular game on sale at 50% off though. All the other "sale" games are $17.99 for $19.99 games (several PS2 and GC games were like this). The $9.99 was kind of a shock. I went home to think about it and was worried they might sell out. The funny thing is there were 2 MORE in the case (4 total) when I went back!

bread's done
Back