Grandia III 29.99 new , 27.99 Used at Gamestop

I heard its a bit short no side quest at all Grandia 2 had no sidequest either huh? never played the original 1st grandia....

[quote name='CaoPi']I heard its a bit short no side quest at all Grandia 2 had no sidequest either huh? never played the original 1st grandia....[/QUOTE]

thats not really the case, once you get to fly in the game you can go anywhere. but yeah, for the most part its a very linear adventure

I wonder if I should pick this up or not...? I have been waiting for a drop, but I could see this dropping more. I still need to go get Drakenagrd from GS/EB, as $20 seems to be the lowest I can hope to find it at...

I really like this game as of yet. I am on the second disc right now, and still dig the battle system. I liked Grandia 2(one of my favorite RPGs) better, but Grandia 3 is still a pretty good game.

However, it may drop in price further with time so most will probably wait. Pick it up though, I doubt you will regret it.

I'm also waiting the inevitable 19.99 drop...Grandia 2 was a very good game during the two dozen or so hours I played, but I can't recall much about the game now. To me, it was one of those games that are good while you're in the zone, or really into it, or something like that.

The only thing that Grandia III really has in common with the others in the series is the combat system, so you're not missing anything by playing them out of order. G3 is a pretty good game, if very linear (yes, you can backtrack, but there really aren't any side quests to speak of).

Grandia III could have been, COULD HAVE BEEN, one of the best RPG's this generation.

Except, you'll totally hate it at the end, if you actually loved it the whole way through.

1. Two of the best characters leave the party and never come back, NOT EVEN FOR THE FINAL BATTLE, THEY'RE NOT EVEN IN THE ENDING CG. Mind you, they were good in battle, and really made the story and character dynamics interesting. Need I repeat again, THEY NEVER COME BACK.

2. Relationship between two main characters is very sweet, through the beginning of the game it progresses very naturally, and if you enjoy the light hearted innocence of the Grandia series, it will make you smile. However, it completely loses its pace near the end of the first disc, and it honestly seems more than half the time the girl would rather fuck her brother than her potential boyfriend

3. The ending is less than 3 minutes long, villains disappear without you even fighting them, a major character "dies" but you don't really know if he "dies" or not, there's not even a proper ending song [it's just the second half of the intro, an orchestral arrange or just the main grandia theme would have been enough]

4. The game feels incomplete, TONS OF WORLD MAP AREAS YOU CAN NOT EXPLORE, no side quests, no optional bosses, and subplots you can't follow up on [BIANCA] even if you really want to. The radio chats would have been nice if you could actually get into missions through them. The flying is actually fun but it serves no point other than traveling the world map.

Grandia III could have been twenty hours longer, added a few story areas, put in some side quests, and actually fleshed out the relationships a little more, and it could have been great.

I enjoyed it way more than 2, but still not even half as much as 1. Lately it seems though, I love Grandia games, and they always disappoint me. If you like the battle system and can live knowing this game is incomplete and could have been something, then it's WORTH the $30.

By the way, the game is widescreen, believe it or not. I can't play the game on my TV if I am viewing it as 4:3 [the cut scenes are a rectangle in the middle of my screen, the characters look like bean poles] and as soon as I switch to full screen 16:9, the characters look the way they look in the drawings and the cut scenes fill my screen u p

[quote name='dbz4ever']So....it's not as good as FF X or DQ 7?[/QUOTE]

It's no way better than FFX

but it's MUCH, MUCH, better than DQVIII [and definitely 7..]

Seriously, if you can forgive DQ8's over simple, montonous gameplay, and enjoy its cliche, over simplified story, then there's no reason you wouldn't enjoy Grandia III's incredible gameplay [the Grandia battle system is second to none] and its simple, yet cute story [that has potential in of itself]

I could care less if Japan orgasms over DQVIII, time again and time again Japan has proved it has no taste in anything [seriously, everything good they make isn't even as popular as the crap they make..DQ8..Morning Musume..Naruto]

[quote name='sarausagi']Grandia III could have been, COULD HAVE BEEN, one of the best RPG's this generation.

Except, you'll totally hate it at the end, if you actually loved it the whole way through.

1. Two of the best characters leave the party and never come back, NOT EVEN FOR THE FINAL BATTLE, THEY'RE NOT EVEN IN THE ENDING CG. Mind you, they were good in battle, and really made the story and character dynamics interesting. Need I repeat again, THEY NEVER COME BACK.

2. Relationship between two main characters is very sweet, through the beginning of the game it progresses very naturally, and if you enjoy the light hearted innocence of the Grandia series, it will make you smile. However, it completely loses its pace near the end of the first disc, and it honestly seems more than half the time the girl would rather fuck her brother than her potential boyfriend

3. The ending is less than 3 minutes long, villains disappear without you even fighting them, a major character "dies" but you don't really know if he "dies" or not, there's not even a proper ending song [it's just the second half of the intro, an orchestral arrange or just the main grandia theme would have been enough]

4. The game feels incomplete, TONS OF WORLD MAP AREAS YOU CAN NOT EXPLORE, no side quests, no optional bosses, and subplots you can't follow up on [BIANCA] even if you really want to. The radio chats would have been nice if you could actually get into missions through them. The flying is actually fun but it serves no point other than traveling the world map.

Grandia III could have been twenty hours longer, added a few story areas, put in some side quests, and actually fleshed out the relationships a little more, and it could have been great.

I enjoyed it way more than 2, but still not even half as much as 1. Lately it seems though, I love Grandia games, and they always disappoint me. If you like the battle system and can live knowing this game is incomplete and could have been something, then it's WORTH the $30.

By the way, the game is widescreen, believe it or not. I can't play the game on my TV if I am viewing it as 4:3 [the cut scenes are a rectangle in the middle of my screen, the characters look like bean poles] and as soon as I switch to full screen 16:9, the characters look the way they look in the drawings and the cut scenes fill my screen u p[/QUOTE]

yeap that really sucks to Lose one of the main people right in the middle/ towards the end of the game. what is sort of stupid is no matter where you go , you never see the mother again

[quote name='slidecage']yeap that really sucks to Lose one of the main people right in the middle/ towards the end of the game. what is sort of stupid is no matter where you go , you never see the mother again[/quote]

MAN, YOU RUINED IT!

[quote name='sarausagi']It's no way better than FFX

but it's MUCH, MUCH, better than DQVIII[/quote]

Now you're confusing me. DQ8 was way better than FFX. But that's for another thread.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']dammit, I can't remember but I think there was another PS2 rpg that dropped too.

edit: I think it was Radiata Stories for $19.99 new.[/QUOTE]
Damnit...I had extra Gamestop credit and bought Radiata about 2 weeks ago for $25 used (yes I missed the Best Buy deal on it). Cant say I'm suprised it dropped in price so soon after I bought it. Its a great game though...best RPG I've played in the past year by far (yes, even better than DQ8 IMO) so I guess I'll forgive the price drop :p

Really guys, I have to agree with nearly everyone bashing the game. I enjoyed the first two Grandias, but the third was terrible. Wait until it drops sub-$20 in price.

bread's done
Back