More $9.82 Amazon Games: Sly 2, Beyond Good & Evil, Hitman Contracts and more

Lou-Dawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Amazon keeps selling great games for great prices. Here are some more:

The first two games are easily worth $10. I can't vouch for Hitman, and everyone's probably already played GTAIII. Onimusha's already been posted in another thread but its a great game so I reposted it. Free shipping with Amazon Prime, or with $25 of purchases or more.

I'm actually playing through Sly 2 right now, and all I can say is if you don't own it, jump all over that deal! :)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'm pretty sure Fusion Frenzy is $9.99 everywhere as its a best of greatest hits or whatever it is...[/quote]

Noted and deleted.

[quote name='argyle']I'm actually playing through Sly 2 right now, and all I can say is if you don't own it, jump all over that deal! :)[/quote]

Do you have to play the game with the backwards camera view? I rented the game once, and couldn't get used to having the look controls reversed. Fun game, and if there were a way to change the camera view, I would buy it in a flash.

Look at the splash page for Gamershare. What the heck did they do to those PS2 controllers?!?!? As a gamer, that's just insulting...

It is a good game. Of course, I got it for around $10 more than a year ago, so this isn't a huge deal for that particular game, but it's certainly worth that.

Quote: Originally Posted by metr0man
haven't played it but i've heard beyond good and evil is an unsung classic

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']It sure is.[/quote]

Yup, it's like Splinter Cell, except you're a girl with a camera. =P

What's with all the PS2 crap? I wish Amazon would release these at $10 for the GameCube or Xbox...PS2 versions of multiplatform games suck. I'd rather spend an extra 5 bucks and get a much better GameCube or Xbox version. FYI: Beyond Good & Evil was built for the GameCube, then ported to other systems.

GTA3's not worth it either, especially since it's a greatest hits edition, plus the Xbox version is better, and you can get a PS2 copy for $5 at GameStop. Speaking of which, you can get Beyond Good & Evil for $10 for the Xbox and $15 for the GameCube at GameStop as well.

[quote name='Xizer']What's with all the PS2 crap? I wish Amazon would release these at $10 for the GameCube or Xbox...PS2 versions of multiplatform games suck. I'd rather spend an extra 5 bucks and get a much better GameCube or Xbox version. FYI: Beyond Good & Evil was built for the GameCube, then ported to other systems.

GTA3's not worth it either, especially since it's a greatest hits edition, plus the Xbox version is better, and you can get a PS2 copy for $5 at GameStop. Speaking of which, you can get Beyond Good & Evil for $10 for the Xbox and $15 for the GameCube at GameStop as well.[/quote]
Thanks for the info, dude. Maybe you can do a search in Amazon or go to Request a Deal forum to ask about Amazon deal on cheap GC and XB games.

[quote name='Xizer']What's with all the PS2 crap? I wish Amazon would release these at $10 for the GameCube or Xbox...PS2 versions of multiplatform games suck. I'd rather spend an extra 5 bucks and get a much better GameCube or Xbox version. FYI: Beyond Good & Evil was built for the GameCube, then ported to other systems.

GTA3's not worth it either, especially since it's a greatest hits edition, plus the Xbox version is better, and you can get a PS2 copy for $5 at GameStop. Speaking of which, you can get Beyond Good & Evil for $10 for the Xbox and $15 for the GameCube at GameStop as well.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just usually has more PS2 versions in stock.

BGE is definitely a must buy for me, the XBOX version that is.

Sly 2 is PS2 only tho

GTA3's not worth it either, especially since it's a greatest hits edition, plus the Xbox version is better, and you can get a PS2 copy for $5 at GameStop. Speaking of which, you can get Beyond Good & Evil for $10 for the Xbox and $15 for the GameCube at GameStop as well.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't noticed, Microsoft stopped production of the XBOX and is basically not supporting it at all (Conker was it). That means most 3rd parties, while releasing new games, aren't printing more of the ones they released. This means XBOX versions are becoming rare -- take, for example, Prince of Persia: 2 Thrones. Search for it on Best Buy or Circuit City -- the XBOX/GCN versions are long gone. The PS2 versions are all in stock.

That of course is due to 2 reasons: (1) Sony typically supports its consoles for 1-2 years more after its successor comes out, and (2) 100% backwards compatibility allows publishers to print more without fear of leaving dead inventory -- distributors will also keep the demand going ...

So in short -- doesn't mean you won't see GCN/Xbox deals; but just expect prices for those to stay level since they're fewer copies and sustained demand.

[quote name='argyle']I'm actually playing through Sly 2 right now, and all I can say is if you don't own it, jump all over that deal! :)[/quote]

I totally agree with that. Better than the Ratchet and Clank series IMO.

bread's done
Back