Best place to pick up a DC in metro Phx?

uli2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Im comming down to Phoenix on Sunday afternoon and will be in town untill thursday. Id like to pick up a nice DC and maybe games and accessories. Ill mostly be in Mesa either at my parents (Fiesta Mall) or my inlaws (Ellsworth/60). Im already planning on hitting up Bookmans on CC. How's the one on 19th? Any good pawn shops in the EV to find a DC and some games? Although Ill be mostly in the EV, Ill go most anywhere in the metro area. TIA!

I know the Super Pawn on Scottsdale road just south of McDowell has 2 systems. But I think they're around $40? Not much with games though.

I live across the street from the 19th one and they have crap for dc games, but every now and then some good stuff in the classic carts

Ive got the system taken care of. Found one on craigslist for $15 and will meet the seller on the way into town. Just to find some games. There used to be a video game store on like 35th and peoria that did alot of imports. I dont remember the name, but is it still around?

That would be Gamezone I beleive. Its been about a years since Ive gone, but I know that theres one near Metro mall thats still around, so the Peoria one should also.

[quote name='Gungriffon']That would be Gamezone I beleive. Its been about a years since Ive gone, but I know that theres one near Metro mall thats still around, so the Peoria one should also.[/QUOTE]

thats the one. We must be talking about the same one as its about a mile from metrocenter.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, GameZone is still around, pretty cool store. That one high pitched talking guy is pretty nice.[/quote]

You have an address or web page for that place?

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']You have an address or web page for that place?[/quote]

Yeah, their website isn't that great, but it's http://www.gamezoneusa.com

There are three of them, but the one that I go to is on S.E Corner of 35th Ave. & Peoria. Their number is 602-938-4040.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, their website isn't that great, but it's http://www.gamezoneusa.com

There are three of them, but the one that I go to is on S.E Corner of 35th Ave. & Peoria. Their number is 602-938-4040.[/quote]

Thanks, funny, website only lists the Gilbert and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ahwatukee/Phoenix ones. Guess I can check out the Gilbert one this weekend though. I am planning on hitting a big yard sale Saturday morning too.[/FONT]

[quote name='SithFran']The Ahwatukee one is small and their prices are kinda high.[/quote]

That one is gone. The store on Peoria is owned by different guys - I highly recommend it. They are nice guys and they clean the used stuff very well. I haven't been there in a while, but if I was looking for anything used they were usually the first ones I called.

[quote name='kell']That one is gone. The store on Peoria is owned by different guys - I highly recommend it. They are nice guys and they clean the used stuff very well. I haven't been there in a while, but if I was looking for anything used they were usually the first ones I called.[/quote]

I think I need to go check out the Peoria one 'cause the Gilbert one officially scares me now. The lady was old and raspy there and prices were all sky high for everything in there. A lot of stuff to eyeball, but nothing to actually pull the wallet out to lay out that much cash for.

Hahaha. That old lady is legendary. She's really nice though. She'll cut you deals on the older preowned stuff if you ask. She's pretty cool, but the prices are pretty high.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hahaha. That old lady is legendary. She's really nice though. She'll cut you deals on the older preowned stuff if you ask. She's pretty cool, but the prices are pretty high.[/quote]

Ah, yes - her. She is the mother of the owner. And yes, she will attempt to negotiate deals, but the prices do tend to be higher than what you find elsewhere. She even quoted Ebay prices with me.

When I first starting buying older games I called there for Mario RPG. They had one and I asked what type of condition it was in and she said it was good. I went and bought it. When I peeled off the price sticker (which was in an unusual place) I found that there was marker writing on the cart under the sticker. Since the date/time on the sticker was after I called I assume she put it there to hide the writing...sneaky bitch. Ever since then I have been turned off to that store.

bread's done
Back