Hi. Wtf is this?

[quote name='Stoneage']http://store.videogamecentral.com/gba14immu.html
My questions are many, but I'll just ask if this is legit/official or whatever and.....well....is it worth the price to anyone if it is?

Sorry if this is a repost.[/QUOTE]

This is the very well known Nintendo 140 cart. It was banned in Canada because the amount of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr they could handle was signficantly less then what the legal limit was in the United States. Sadly, thousands died.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I wasn't trying to be an asshole, just to let you know...[/QUOTE]
I know. It's just kinda crazy. Do most people buy this thing knowing it's a boot, or what?

[quote name='Stoneage']I know. It's just kinda crazy. Do most people buy this thing knowing it's a boot, or what?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to think so. When has anyone ever put out anything with 140 legitimate games on a single cart?

[quote name='furyk']You'd have to think so. When has anyone ever put out anything with 140 legitimate games on a single cart?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not 140 games, but there was the legendary Action52.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Well, it's not 140 games, but there was the legendary Action52.[/quote]

Dear god, Action 52..that "game" itsn't even worth it as a rom...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Dear god, Action 52..that "game" itsn't even worth it as a rom...[/QUOTE]

I got so much enjoyment out of that game that it's probably illegal in some states. It's like a digital FAQ on how not to make games.

Its not even a good deal seeing as you can get a flash card for less then that. Atleast it seems to have a couple GBA games on it, usually these type of thigns just have a crap load of NES games (which this one does as well)

I've heard that you can't save your progress on most of those games, and the few that do offer battery save only let you do it for the one main game and not the others.

I've reported stuff like this to NoA as well. You get a nice thank you email from them that makes you feel good about yourself. ;)

Yup. I do all the time as well. I thrive on the attention that Nintendo gives me. I'm like a child who's mostly ignored by his parents and who goes out of his way for their attention and praise. ;)

I once called them about a Power Player booth at the local mall. The guy was really nice and had me get all the infomation I could (Name of the booth, approx. stock (what I could see at least), any info from the signs/business cards, name/address/phone number of the mall). He was very nice and thankful. :)

[quote name='UncleBob']I once called them about a Power Player booth at the local mall. The guy was really nice and had me get all the infomation I could (Name of the booth, approx. stock (what I could see at least), any info from the signs/business cards, name/address/phone number of the mall). He was very nice and thankful. :)[/QUOTE]
I emailed them about one a year or two ago and got a nice email in response. What I've never understood is how the mall kiosks get away with it. It's hard to patrol stuff on the Internet, but at a mall? I mean, something blatantly illegal right out in public, just flaunting it? I'm surprised Nintendo doesn't go after the mall themselves. I mean, surely the cops would have a word or two with the mall operators if they let someone start a crack kiosk.

As most of you know this is an import cart. It also has a multitude of "home brew" games. I must say to Uncle Bob is that I hate to tell you that if you have ROMS..and I guarantee you do. Sounding from the kind of self- righteous person you sound like that your are just another corruptor to the industry. I have over a 500 combined NES & Game Boy original collection. I also have this cart..it just so happens that I can actually play these games. Cause I own them. People like you play roms..on your PC and you don't even have the games. I've been playing these games since you guys were in diapers. And I am as tride & true a gamer as they come. But alas, Nintendo ..they don't care about you. Even though you harrass people at booths in malls & write letters. Thing is I make games & play games & sell games. But the bottom line, is they just want your money. Especially nowadays, when games weren't as good as yesteryears.

So hats off to you, you can exploit the flaws in the system & maybe you can stop world hunger & bring global peace. But by the sound of your voicemail it just sounds like your a gaming herb!

Toodles,

Old_skool_fool:booty:

[quote name='Old_Skool_Fool']As most of you know this is an import cart. It also has a multitude of "home brew" games. I must say to Uncle Bob is that I hate to tell you that if you have ROMS..and I guarantee you do. Sounding from the kind of self- righteous person you sound like that your are just another corruptor to the industry. I have over a 500 combined NES & Game Boy original collection. I also have this cart..it just so happens that I can actually play these games. Cause I own them. People like you play roms..on your PC and you don't even have the games. I've been playing these games since you guys were in diapers. And I am as tride & true a gamer as they come. But alas, Nintendo ..they don't care about you. Even though you harrass people at booths in malls & write letters. Thing is I make games & play games & sell games. But the bottom line, is they just want your money. Especially nowadays, when games weren't as good as yesteryears.

So hats off to you, you can exploit the flaws in the system & maybe you can stop world hunger & bring global peace. But by the sound of your voicemail it just sounds like your a gaming herb!

Toodles,

Old_skool_fool:booty:[/QUOTE]

Do me and you a favor. Don't post anymore.

[quote name='Old_Skool_Fool']:words:[/QUOTE]

You do realize that pirate carts themselves are illegal before we even get into the whole "I ONW 10000000000 GAMEZ I HAVCE ROMS 2 PLAYS DEM" discussion that has been proven time and time again to be illegal if they copy liscenced software, even if you do own the original cart.

[quote name='Old_Skool_Fool']As most of you know this is an import cart. It also has a multitude of "home brew" games. I must say to Uncle Bob is that I hate to tell you that if you have ROMS..and I guarantee you do. Sounding from the kind of self- righteous person you sound like that your are just another corruptor to the industry. I have over a 500 combined NES & Game Boy original collection. I also have this cart..it just so happens that I can actually play these games. Cause I own them. People like you play roms..on your PC and you don't even have the games. I've been playing these games since you guys were in diapers. And I am as tride & true a gamer as they come. But alas, Nintendo ..they don't care about you. Even though you harrass people at booths in malls & write letters. Thing is I make games & play games & sell games. But the bottom line, is they just want your money. Especially nowadays, when games weren't as good as yesteryears.

Toodles,

Old_skool_fool:booty:[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, for showing your ignorance on so many levels. I have absolutly no ROMs on my computer, legal or otherwise. And, before you ask (they always do) I have no illegal MP3s on my computer either.

And I drive the speed limit on the way to work.

So fuck you.

Oh, and I forgot to add. Did you know that when you call someone's cell phone and you use the restricted feature, your phone number still shows up on their cell phone bill? A lot of people don't know that.

How did this become phone tag? Is this the owner of the site and did Bob call him and leave info about CAG and his own cell?

Ya got me. Whomever this "Old_Skool_Fool" is, it would appear they're either from the site or trying to look as if they're from the site. Checking they're profile, they link the site as their address and this thread is the only thread they've *ever* posted in.

As far as the phone tag thing, I'm almost sad that I didn't answer the phone when it went off. ;)

Toodles,

Old_skool_fool:booty:[/QUOTE]holy crap, that kinda went all over the place didn't it?!?!?

Now I guess this would be the part where you attack your tag-team partner and officially turn heel?

[quote name='UncleBob']Yup. I do all the time as well. I thrive on the attention that Nintendo gives me. I'm like a child who's mostly ignored by his parents and who goes out of his way for their attention and praise. ;)

I once called them about a Power Player booth at the local mall. The guy was really nice and had me get all the infomation I could (Name of the booth, approx. stock (what I could see at least), any info from the signs/business cards, name/address/phone number of the mall). He was very nice and thankful. :)[/quote]

Just wondering whats a power player?

A power player is something that you can also find in this bozo's site. It's a direct-to-TV game that's loaded with a multitide of games (usually crappy ports/hacks of classic NES games) and in the shame of a knock-off N64 or Sega Genesis controller.

While it's too much to ask for, it'd be funny if this site owner got his five years in prison just like Yonatan Cohen did for dealing in Power Players (athough on a much larger scale). Read about that here: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=Bulletin&message.id=490&jump=true

[quote name='maigoyume']The guy got what was coming to him, I hate people who cheat nintendo out of their profits.[/QUOTE]
Like Sew-knee, and that Micro-cawhatsits.

I'm not so much "Save Nintendo's Profits" as I am about preventing shitty ports of some of my favorites so some douchebag can make a few bucks. That's why I got a kiosk in my local mall shutdown. fuckers had Contra running, and it was going at 2fps with more clipping thn a 1st gen ps1 game.

I wouldn't care if it is illegal or not, it's too fucking much.

OSF, if you're really affiliated with the site, then pass this along to whomever it may concern: re-evaluate your site, lower you prices, or just close up shop an go home. I just hope Cheapy was able to get a lot of Cash out of you, cause his reputations taking a hit just being assosiated with such a overpriced piece of shit like that site.

[quote name='UncleBob']
And I drive the speed limit on the way to work.[/QUOTE]

OMG there's TWO of us out there!! Seriously, sometimes I wonder if people don't know what the speed limit is, or if they just don't care. And often times I wonder which is worse.

Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't resist.

Ruahrc

This is also off track...but I also drive the speed limit everywhere! >.> All it took was six speeding tickets in the course of six months

This guy is really the Robin Hood of the gaming industry. Stealing from the rich and giving to the...wait, $100!? Are you kidding me? Who sells a bootleg for that much!? Good luck with that one, "old skool fool."

This is funny. Selling an ILLEGAL pirated cart for $100 that probably cost him $10, THEN coming on here and talking about how it is just fine to do so.

idiot.

Why was this topic bumped after nearly 10 months?

Reality's Fringe;2145533 said:
I'm not so much "Save Nintendo's Profits" as I am about preventing shitty ports of some of my favorites so some douchebag can make a few bucks. That's why I got a kiosk in my local mall shutdown. fuckers had Contra running, and it was going at 2fps with more clipping thn a 1st gen ps1 game.

:applause:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Why was this topic bumped after nearly 10 months?
[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing when I saw I was the OP. I thought I posted something in a drunken haze......not that is wasn't, just not this year.

I have roms

I have the real games.
Many I bought new for $50 or more, 15-20 years ago.

But I dont like these things at all. Why?

Cos its one thing to download a rom or song for free, from someplace thats giving it away for free. But if you buy pirated games, or music, or whatever, you've now demonstrated a willingness to pay for that product. And if your gonna pay for something, you should really pay the people that own said item.

I agree that this site sucks ass. There's another thread about this. This happens to be the site that Cheapy signed a deal with.....

[quote name='depascal22']I agree that this site sucks ass. There's another thread about this. This happens to be the site that Cheapy signed a deal with.....[/QUOTE]

Advertisers are free to buy ads even if they are selling pirated good I guess.

bread's done
Back