diablo

cheapgamer11

CAGiversary!
anyone have any clue about the next diablo? if there is even going to be another one?? i enjoyed the hell out of it and i want another installment? any ideas/ information for me?

thanks,

hM

uhhh.... seing as im still waiting for starcraft 2.... no, i dont have any clue when diablo 3 will be released

[quote name='cheapgamer11']anyone have any clue about the next diablo? if there is even going to be another one?? i enjoyed the hell out of it and i want another installment? any ideas/ information for me?

thanks,

hM[/quote]

Unfortunately, we have to wait until the release of Starcraft 2 to hear anything about it, I gather.

Yeah Blizzard is not exactly the most forth coming development company out there so details on Starcraft 2 are quite slim. And it will be a long time probably before we hear much on the next Diablo, yet it's probably being planned. The series is a money maker and there is no real reason to abandon it.

So far I've heard nothing about Diablo III.

Right now I can't imagine what else they'd add to the story unless they went a completely different way. Diablo's parents would be somewhat cheesy, y'know?

[quote name='Moxio']So far I've heard nothing about Diablo III.

Right now I can't imagine what else they'd add to the story unless they went a completely different way. Diablo's parents would be somewhat cheesy, y'know?[/quote]

Come on man - remember the whole war thing they had going on that led to imprisonment? Prime for gaming.

im thinking that until world of warcraft hits shelves blizzard will be very hush hush about their plans.... but im sure they are deep into production in starcraft 2 diablo 3 and warcraft 4.. im a fan of all 3 games but blizzard isnt stupid. all hype shall be directed twoards WOW until further notice :)

Your pretty much guranteed to see Xbox Nextest (or whatever gay name they'll call 5) be4 you ever hear word on D3.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Moxio']So far I've heard nothing about Diablo III.

Right now I can't imagine what else they'd add to the story unless they went a completely different way. Diablo's parents would be somewhat cheesy, y'know?[/quote]

Come on man - remember the whole war thing they had going on that led to imprisonment? Prime for gaming.[/quote]

What war are you talking about?

I heard the team that developed Diablo 2 and 1 got fired and left the company and formed their own company now. Not sure why Blizzard did this since Diablo is a money maker. I'm not sure if there is going to be Diablo 3 but I sure hope there will be one. I have been playing Diablo since the Diablo 1 and Expansion, and Diablo 2 + LoD Expansion. Can't wait til Diablo 3.

[quote name='Ledhed']A good portion of the dev. team from D2 left Blizzard to make Guild Wars. It's seen by many as the spiritual successor to Diablo. It may help tide us over until D3. Or the second coming. Whichever comes first.

http://www.guildwars.com/[/quote]

Are you talking about the Flagship company or some other company? From what I had read a while ago Flagship is working with Namco.

http://www.flagshipstudios.com/

[quote name='yogi99']Are you talking about the Flagship company or some other company? From what I had read a while ago Flagship is working with Namco.

http://www.flagshipstudios.com/[/quote]

Sorry, I goofed. :dunce:

I meant the team that created and applied Battle.net is now a company called ArenaNet, and they are looking mostly to fans of Diablo for Guild Wars. It's still about having a relatively small party consisting of various fantasy-themed classes go spelunking in caves and badlands for the sake of looting and leveling. I for one will give it a chance when it releases. I tried th beta during E3, and loved every minute of it.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Moxio']So far I've heard nothing about Diablo III.

Come on man - remember the whole war thing they had going on that led to imprisonment? Prime for gaming.[/quote]

What war are you talking about?[/quote]

The Sin War. Read the manual. Good stuff.

[quote name='Lootr2Core']was the diablo 2 expansions worth getting.. what would be a fair price for them?[/quote]

You can easily find it for 19.99 USD.

And YES, it is a great expansion. It's definitely worth it, especially since there's all those charms, new act, new items, etc.

When has getting a game right the first time ever kept a company from making a sequel? Starcraft is an excellent game (although I must admit I never played it that much because I completely suck at most RTS games), but certainly something could be improved or at least expanded upon. If nothing else the fervor that South Korea has for the game makes it worthwhile to come out with a sequel.

Alright, coming from a huge diablo fan here's my input. First off Bill Roper of Flagship (they have alot of the diablo 1/2 team) said that they pretty much will do another game like diablo but it probably wont be their first and i'm almost positive they've gotta make somthing new since they don't have the licence.

The diablo manuals have gotten progressivly worse. there is lots about the sin wars in the diablo manual and not to much in d2 and probably next to nothing in lod. The whole baal thing in act two has a bit to do with the sin wars and the horadrim(sp)

The diablo 1 manual had all sorts of stuff, all the prime evils and all the minor evils (Andariel and Duriel were minor evils) I think it even mentioned the world stone, it was just filled with goodies.

The Sin wars was the war between heaven and hell over the mortal world, its where the horadrim captured the greater evils in the soul stones. Diablo 1 begins a while after some evil guy lazerus(sp?) crams Diablo's soul stone into a kid prince, no idea why but he did.

Theres lots of room for a diablo prequil but it would also be pretty easy to mess up.

I like alot of you are waiting for diablo 3, in whatever form it takes.

As far as Blizzard games go, just wait until they announce it....
Then simply wait 3 to 5 years, and there ya go! A brand spankin' new good, yet overhyped, game. But hey, the screenshot of the day should be enough right?

[quote name='Moxio']I looked through both the Diablo II and LOD manuals, but I can't find it. :([/quote]

Looking through the wrong manuals, man. I was referring to Diablo - not the second one.

The guy above me pinned it first, though.

Don't bother with the other manuals - Diablo's owns.

Ghost will be mine. I want to pre-order it, but I don't know what platform to put it down for. I have a PS2 and GC. I know the GC version will probably have slightly better graphics, but I wonder how it will control....PoP on GC owned PS2 PoP though, that's for damn sure.

bread's done
Back