I want a palmPSone!

Didn't someone make something like this months, if not years ago. However, if I remember the design of the other one correctly, this one looks better.

One for the 'because I could' files.

Sony was headed towards such a system at one point. THey had Toshiba working on a 'PSone on a chip' that incorporated effectively the entire original Playstation on a single die. Essentially it was much of the same layout used for the PS2 I/O+PSone chip in a more complete form and without the unneeded USB and FireWire hosts. This was to be done at .13 micron to produce a PSone with the right power draw to run off a small battery for a decent number of hours.

The big problem was how to handle media. Putting in a CD-ROM drive would make it too bulky and power hungry but not supporting existing PSone discs would ruin the value proposition. Most users would rebel at the idea of having to buy new versions of games they already owned. THe idea of allowing games to be copied to flash cards was examined but they ultimately gave up.

Toshiba's chip will probably turn up in some kiosk apps and plaes like airliner entertainment systems while Sony has elected to go with an entirely new platform for their handheld entry.

im wondering what happens if dropped, or how long before you get lazy of holding it up, and puttting it down, only to have the disk stop on you
=]

Yea some1 made something similar to what a old school gameboy looked like, but played PS games. I remember he was from nothern wisconsin and that this was years ago and they showed it in gamepro magazine.

[quote name='Sartori']1.5 hour battery life.

Meh.[/quote]

not bad for running off double A batteries and making it in your garage

[quote name='trustcompany1013']id be interested to know how many they've sold so far[/quote]

they arent selling it, it was just a guy with a lot of free time and money who made it, but on the website it says he might look into selling them or selling the plans to make them

[quote name='trustcompany1013']id be interested to know how many they've sold so far[/quote]
For $500 I doubt anyone would buy one.

[quote name='Sartori']1.5 hour battery life.

Meh.[/quote]

Well, at least its on par with the PSP battery life.

Save your money, get a DS

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Yea some1 made something similar to what a old school gameboy looked like, but played PS games. I remember he was from nothern wisconsin and that this was years ago and they showed it in gamepro magazine.[/quote]

northern wisconsin eh?, the guy who made the atari portable and other portables lived about a mile away from my old house(well his workshop was)

i looked around for a long time because i saw pics on his website......i got caught up in moving and regretting not knocking on his door that day........

bread's done
Back