ghosting on HD display

bayushi

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

I am hoping my fellow Cag can help me with this.
I have an X360 plugged in to a Viewsonic 3250 32IN LCD display.
This one here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A4AWOU
I am using component cables and have my x360 set to 720p and widescreen.
When I play Table Tennis, The Lost Planet Demo, or Dead Rising, I get all sorts of crazy artifacts flying on the screen.

Especially during the intro helicopter scene in DR. The display has a 12ms response time. I should also mention that all other games run just fine.

Any thoughts? Will waiting for MS's 1080P HDMI cable help?
My display does have a VGA connection would that work? I heard that there is a VGA cable that you can get, but I don't want to spend the $ if its not certain to work.

Thank you fellow CAG's.

-bayushi

i have the 27 inch version of this viewsonic and have ghosting with COD2...when you are on the snow level and pan the camera, the brownish red brick obviously ghosts along the white snow. don't seem to have a ghosting problem with ANY other game including speedy game like burnout or PDZ when i pan the camera around...hmmm

Its because the refresh rate on that TV is not fast enough to keep up with the images. 12ms is pretty high and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Its because the refresh rate on that TV is not fast enough to keep up with the images. 12ms is pretty high and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.[/quote]

Agreed. That TV has reviews all over the net saying that ghosting is a problem. A 1080p cable isn't going to do you any good (your tv couldn't support it anyway).

Despite Viewsonics grand reputation with thier CRT Monitors, It seems that most the reviews for thier LCD TV lines are negative =/.

Yeah i hate tv s that do this ghost effect. Guess i got fed up and decided to break some money on a Samsung DLP. No ghost here.

[quote name='Maximo1324']Yeah i hate tv s that do this ghost effect. Guess i got fed up and decided to break some money on a Samsung DLP. No ghost here.[/quote]

I have a Samsung DLP as well. Looks great with the 360 hooked up.

Jump on that one. I dont know if you have a pc that supports wide screen should look at the rear and see if it has the PC hook ups I love mine. Just get you a wireless keyboard and mouse and you are ready to play some games on that as well. My TV has 2 HDMI inputs 1 PC input 2 Composite and 3 S video. Ohh it also has the built in tuner i wouldnt buy one with out it. Seems to be too much pain in the rear.

bread's done
Back