Suprise! well-known Liberal journalist shows compassion for kidnapped fox journalists

Veritas1204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
...Or not.

"...Fox has deliberately set itself apart from other news media. Starting at the top with Roger Ailes, the Fox sales pitch has been to deride other media, to declare itself the one source of the real truth, the sole source of 'fair and accurate' news reporting. As a result, there's not a reservoir of kinship or good will with Fox on the part of the rest of the news media. You can't keep insulting people and then expect friendship when you need it.

They've made it a policy to keep a distance between themselves and the rest of the media, far beyond the usual competitive spirit, so that's where they are: at a distance."

(via bob laurence, reporter for a local San Diego Newspaper)

I don't know about you, but I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about people so "progressive" that they, knowing the terrible fate these two innocent journalists face, choose instead to point the finger at their political rival and basically say "you get what you deserve."

Because we all know that for liberals, getting your shots in is MUCH more important than actually caring for the fate of these men's lives.

I mean, who wants to admit that journalists, no matter how rethugliKKKan, do not deserve to be kidnapped at gunpoint, held against their will, and bartered like objects by their vile kidnappers; thats no fun.

No, it's much more fun to blame the evil Fox news for being conservative, after all, why waste a perfectly good opportunity to bash the rightwingers with stupid things like concern for these mens' wellbeing and gay shit like that?

Right?

Can I get an amen?

/sarcasm

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my outrage at the kidnappers of Steve centanni and Olaf Wiig, and hope you will join with me in praying for their safe return.

"Before people post new threads, they should ask themselves, "Is this shit really important?"

you got me dude; here I was thinking pointing out the indifference of the left in the face of human tragedy was as important as, say, which avatar is "teh coolest", or how many times I can call a new poster a "n00b" while all the other 12 year olds cheer me on.

Thanks for the wakeup call man.

I do hope anyone kidnapped returns safely, FOX or not.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy for FOX correspondents, like it or not. There is a stigma of working for FOX, within and outside of the media.

My problem with your feigned outrage is that somehow it's a "liberal" pathology to lack compassion for kidnapped individuals; on the other hand, it's a "liberal" pathology to exhibit compassion (where else would we get a name like "bleeding-heart liberals"?). So, if your complaint about the media in the OP is correct, then you've exhausted the range of possible attitutdes (compassion or disinterest, and maybe I can stretch it to include the media's, in particular FOX's, chastising of liberals as angry and crazy - consider the CT primaries and the fallout of Liberman losing), and labeled them all "liberal."

So, my question to you is, what kind of attitude must one show to avoid having their "liberality" (?) put into question as the sole cause of that attitude?

My answer, of course, is this: none. No person deemed "liberal" can exhibit any kind of response, develop any kind of rationale, propose any sort of thought, without it being vilified for coming from a "liberal." It's the classic logical fallacy of seeking causes for your conclusion (yours being that liberals are no-good very bad and inherently evil people), *after* you've decided upon your conclusion. The reason it works is because logical fallacies are only recognizable to those who point them out; to everyone else paying half attention, it looks perfectly reasonable.

Again, your feigned surprised that FOX has somehow made themselves persona non grata amidst the rest of the media is just that: a feigning. You know you aren't really surprised by this. What's pitiful is that this will almost surely make your allegiance to FOX stronger, as every time they are questioned, or made to look pitiful, or disregarded by EVERY OTHER CREDIBLE AND TRUSTWORTHY NEWS SOURCE ON THE FACE OF MOTHER EARTH, that somehow makes them more correct.

There's an old joke it makes me think of, though it regards conspiracy theories more than FOX. Still applicable, IMO.

Granddaughter: "Grandpa, why do elephants paint their toenails red?"
Grandpa: "I don't know. Why do they?"
Granddaughter: "So they can hide in the strawberry fields."
Grandpa: "But I've never seen an elephant in a strawberry field."
Granddaugther: "a-HA!"

Something like that. I'm not much of a joketeller, but you get the idea.

[quote name='evanft']Is it just me, or have there been more idiots on this board recently?[/QUOTE]

They have just been more vocal recently.

I love it. Liberals pretty much meaning anyone who dislikes W (90% of the world?)
lack compassion. Want proof? Here are the words of one man.

I seem to remember a few months back when those peace activists got kidnapped in Iraq the freepers had a fucking field day.

I think this raises an interesting moral question: If you work for a news agency that pushes and spins a pro war message with every breath, and then you get caught up in said war, is that a tragedy or just rewards?

I can honestly say I am conflicted. On one hand, I don't wish being kidnapped on anyone. But on the other there's a 'be careful what you wish for, you just might get it' thing.

[quote name='Veritas1204']you got me dude; here I was thinking pointing out the indifference of the left in the face of human tragedy was as important as, say, which avatar is "teh coolest", or how many times I can call a new poster a "n00b" while all the other 12 year olds cheer me on.

Thanks for the wakeup call man.[/QUOTE]

Dude, no offense, but you quoted his sig. That wasn't directed toward you.

[quote name='Veritas1204']you got me dude; here I was thinking pointing out the indifference of the left in the face of human tragedy was as important as, say, which avatar is "teh coolest", or how many times I can call a new poster a "n00b" while all the other 12 year olds cheer me on.

Thanks for the wakeup call man.[/QUOTE]
That's my signature you dunce.

My post was in regards to the fact that you can't spell "surprise."

Congratulations, you fail the internet.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']That's my signature you dunce.

My post was in regards to the fact that you can't spell "surprise."

Congratulations, you fail the internet.[/QUOTE]

And here I was trying to be nice about it.

[quote name='Msut77']Liberals pretty much meaning anyone who dislikes W (90% of the world?)[/QUOTE]

Wow, your definition of a liberal is someone who dislikes Bush? You, my friend, are obsessed. What a dumb thing to say.

Here's the link you asked for: http://poynter.org/forum/view_post.asp?id=11749

And myke, let me apoligize if my post was a little over the edge, I simply wanted to express anger at this idea that a reporter and a cameraman kidnapped by bloodthirsty terrorists somehow deserve whatever happens to them because some on the left (and of course, cheese) harbor a grudge against their boss' political opinions.

And since myke was the only one who seems to be able to debate reasonibly without pissing himself, I'll address the rest of my response to him.

I again apoligize if my post implied that all liberals held disdain for human life. As we both know, the actions of a few in no way determine the actions of an entire group of people.

That being said, I find it curious that this idea of a forign freelance cameraman and war reporter being responsible for Fox's conservative positions to the extent that they deserve death. These men were working for an employer, much like all or most of us here, and as we can all attest to, probably weren't that concerned with believing wholeheartedly in every single political position their employer held. Simply put, they were there to earn a paycheck, not be kidnapped and blamed for the positions of their employer.

I can even understand if you want to make the arguement that they were singled out by these thugs based on who they worked for (and the positions held by Fox).

And cheese,

Where I draw the line is when pieces of shit like Bob lawrence (see link) and now you think it's Ok to let the terrorists kill these innocent men, because by taking away a father from his children, a husband from his wife, a brother from his siblings, and a son from his parents is justified because the company they worked for had the odassity to disagree with your political positon.

I simply cannot even begin to understand the sickness that one must have that they would freely consider disagreement with their political viewpoint worthy of death.

If this isn't a telltale sign of BDS, I would like to see a better one.

And as for your little "freepers cheered when Christians were kidnapped." I'll refer you to my earlier comment about dumbasses like you not representing an entire groups view, and ask anyone here who believes in intellectual integrity to put your words to action and not let statements like these go unchecked.

And while I'm sure concepts like human life being more important than partisan political beliefs is obviously waaayy to broad for cheese to grasp, I would hope that the rest of your silence over his belief that these men should be taken from their families by savages because he doesn't like the station they work for is only your lack of integrity to stand up and call his comment what it is, and not agreement.

Again myke, thanks for the civility; while we may not agree on most things, I appriciate your opinion. It's people like you who restore my faith in the left.

V

[quote name='elprincipe']Wow, your definition of a liberal is someone who dislikes Bush? You, my friend, are obsessed. What a dumb thing to say.[/quote]

That does seem to be the way the right views it as well.

[quote name='Veritas1204']I again apoligize if my post implied that all liberals held disdain for human life. As we both know, the actions of a few in no way determine the actions of an entire group of people.[/QUOTE]

Few? Don't you mean one?

[quote name='Veritas1204']no, I mean few.

read the thread, and my last comment again.

You'll see it.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I see is you smearing countless people with the words of one guy.

And then when people ignore or mock you then you get your panties knotted.

Nice try though.

"If you work for a news agency that pushes and spins a pro war message with every breath, and then you get caught up in said war, is that a tragedy or just rewards?"

*Supporting* a war is different from being "pro-war". Very few people 'like' war, but sometimes it's necessary [without getting into the debate of whether Iraq is necessary]. Was our involvement in WWII necessary? Does supporting our involvement in that war make one 'pro war'? And if one *does* support that war, does that mean that if that supporter were captured by SS goons and thrown in a concentration camp, that's simply his 'just rewards'?

It shouldn't matter if someone is liberal, conservative, or anything. To say, "Well, we don't care if they're kidnapped by murderous thugs, because they work for a company we don't agree with, who dares to disagree with us, so f'em" is inhuman. That's one thing that's missing nowadays, a shared humanity and acknowledgement of such. "Though I disagree with what you are saying, I will defend to the death your right to say it." No, it's more "Because you disagree with me, you're on your own."

And I doubt the newscaster speaks for all non-Fox news media, so I won't say 'Everyohe at CNN wants these kidnapped Fox guys to die'. I will say, however, he specifically sounds like an asshole.

[quote name='Veritas1204']And cheese,

Where I draw the line is when pieces of shit like Bob lawrence (see link) and now you think it's Ok to let the terrorists kill these innocent men, because by taking away a father from his children, a husband from his wife, a brother from his siblings, and a son from his parents is justified because the company they worked for had the odassity to disagree with your political positon.

I simply cannot even begin to understand the sickness that one must have that they would freely consider disagreement with their political viewpoint worthy of death.

If this isn't a telltale sign of BDS, I would like to see a better one.

And as for your little "freepers cheered when Christians were kidnapped." I'll refer you to my earlier comment about dumbasses like you not representing an entire groups view, and ask anyone here who believes in intellectual integrity to put your words to action and not let statements like these go unchecked.

And while I'm sure concepts like human life being more important than partisan political beliefs is obviously waaayy to broad for cheese to grasp, I would hope that the rest of your silence over his belief that these men should be taken from their families by savages because he doesn't like the station they work for is only your lack of integrity to stand up and call his comment what it is, and not agreement.
V[/QUOTE]

Let's see what I wrote:

I think this raises an interesting moral question: If you work for a news agency that pushes and spins a pro war message with every breath, and then you get caught up in said war, is that a tragedy or just rewards?

I can honestly say I am conflicted. On one hand, I don't wish being kidnapped on anyone. But on the other there's a 'be careful what you wish for, you just might get it' thing.

I don't see where I called for their deaths. That kinda invalidates the rest of your rant.

Get off your high horse. There are people you want dead because of their political beliefs. The Taliban, the Baathists, etc. were political parties, and we all cheered when they were killed, or am I to believe you cried for the loss of a father from his children, a husband from his wife, a brother from his siblings, a son from his parents? Boo f*cking hoo. I don't buy your sanctity of human life bullshit for a second. It's a bunch of phony baloney. In another thread you advocated making these savages friends and families suffer until they give them up. Yeah, you're a real humanitarian. These 'savages!' use the same tactics the US does. It's been widely reported that US forces in Iraq regularly take family members of suspected terrorists into custody to force the suspects to surrender. Holding an innocent person against their will in order to force a third party to do what you want: kidnapping.

"I call on everyone else here to condemn BLARGH!"

I was gonna post something similar to what you posted cheese when I read this in one of the op posts. even though he somewhat agrees with what I was saying in the "extra muslim checks thread" he kinda contradicts his posts in that thread with the comment below. anyway, just found it kind of interesting.

[quote name='Veritas1204'] As we both know, the actions of a few in no way determine the actions of an entire group of people.
[/quote]

[quote name='dtcarson']"If you work for a news agency that pushes and spins a pro war message with every breath, and then you get caught up in said war, is that a tragedy or just rewards?"

*Supporting* a war is different from being "pro-war". Very few people 'like' war, but sometimes it's necessary [without getting into the debate of whether Iraq is necessary]. Was our involvement in WWII necessary? Does supporting our involvement in that war make one 'pro war'? And if one *does* support that war, does that mean that if that supporter were captured by SS goons and thrown in a concentration camp, that's simply his 'just rewards'?[/quote]

Well, that's kinda being semantic. But to be more specific, FOX news has pushed a hardline military solution to Israel's current problems, even while many others have pushed restraint. These guys have most likely played their part in projecting that idea. Now that is has escalated, are they to be held in some way responsible? Many of them seem to feel that they're disappointed it didn't go further.

If you treat a dog badly and it bites you, is it the dogs fault? But then again, blaming the individual fingers would be wrong too. Like I said, I'm conflicted.

It shouldn't matter if someone is liberal, conservative, or anything. To say, "Well, we don't care if they're kidnapped by murderous thugs, because they work for a company we don't agree with, who dares to disagree with us, so f'em" is inhuman. That's one thing that's missing nowadays, a shared humanity and acknowledgement of such. "Though I disagree with what you are saying, I will defend to the death your right to say it." No, it's more "Because you disagree with me, you're on your own."

Well I did say I didn't wish kidnapping on anyone. Odd how I posted four sentences and everyone misses that one.

Cheese, do you really think that you can simply edit your post, delete your ENTIRE rant in which you stated these men deserved to die because they worked for fox, come back here and repost your brand new PC version, and get away with it?

What are you, 5?

Are you seriously so insecure that you can't even defend your disgusting comments to a "freeper", or do you just think it is easier to pretend like you didn't say it, because being a pathetic coward is the only thing you seem to be good at?

For crissakes, you're lying on a gaming forum.

I seriously don't think it gets any lower than that.

And here I thought this place encouraged honest and reasonable debate.

You. Ignorant. slut.

(don't worry cheese, I won't be editing this post at any time, so feel free to quote it as much as you like. I would try to explain why things like standing behind what you say is an important quality for a man to have, but it is obvious that concepts relating to intellectual honesty and manhood in general are just too much for you to grasp.)

[quote name='Veritas1204']

You. Ignorant. slut.[/QUOTE]

You should just delete pretty much everything you type, im still waiting for clue to sink into your thick skull.

and what point would that be?

feel free to dishonestly edit previous posts when someone paints them in a negative light, because intellectual honesty is overrated?

feel free to express your opinion, as long as it agrees with mine, because then you deserve to be kidnapped and murdered?

please clear this up for me msut, because I'm sure you're not saying my name-calling is worse than outright dishonesty.

Right?

[quote name='bals62']That does seem to be the way the right views it as well.[/QUOTE]

Quite true. To the right, all liberals are obsessed Bush-hating terrorist-forgiving nutjobs.

[quote name='Veritas1204']and what point would that be?

feel free to dishonestly edit previous posts when someone paints them in a negative light, because intellectual honesty is overrated?[/QUOTE]

We all know I have pointed it out to you already.

I am not even talking about anything Cheese said numbnuts.

[quote name='Veritas1204']Cheese, do you really think that you can simply edit your post, delete your ENTIRE rant in which you stated these men deserved to die because they worked for fox, come back here and repost your brand new PC version, and get away with it?

What are you, 5?

Are you seriously so insecure that you can't even defend your disgusting comments to a "freeper", or do you just think it is easier to pretend like you didn't say it, because being a pathetic coward is the only thing you seem to be good at?

For crissakes, you're lying on a gaming forum.

You. Ignorant. slut.

(don't worry cheese, I won't be editing this post at any time, so feel free to quote it as much as you like. I would try to explain why things like standing behind what you say is an important quality for a man to have, but it is obvious that concepts relating to intellectual honesty and manhood in general are just too much for you to grasp.)[/QUOTE]

I urge you and everyone else to go back to page one and look at my post. If I had edited it, it would have the 'edited by cheese on X/X/X at XX:XX" tag on it. It does not.

[quote name='Cheese']I urge you and everyone else to go back to page one and look at my post. If I had edited it, it would have the 'edited by cheese on X/X/X at XX:XX" tag on it. It does not.[/QUOTE]

Pwned.

Man, at least PAD could put a thought together, but Veritas1204 just seems to make shit up as he goes along.

[quote name='Cheese']I urge you and everyone else to go back to page one and look at my post. If I had edited it, it would have the 'edited by cheese on X/X/X at XX:XX" tag on it. It does not.[/QUOTE]

It is not as if he was responding to anyone anyway, strawmen are so much easier to answer.

[quote name='Msut77']It is not as if he was responding to anyone anyway, strawmen are so much easier to answer.[/QUOTE]

Well, they ARE made of straw.

girls, whenever you are done with you one line, pointless shit you are passing off as comments, maybe you can look up at the affirmation of another commenter VERIFYING MY fuckING ACCUSATION OF CHEESE AS A PIECE OF SHIT LIAR WHO CAN'T EVEN STAND BEHIND HIS WORDS.

Or were the two of you too busy jerking yourself off to notice?

Uuuhhhh, no they didn't.

Look I'll edit this post.

This post has been edited!

Huh, I guess it doesn't always register. I wonder why that is? Does someone have to view it first?

Edited again!

Ahh, there it is.

So I guess it takes a minute, but it registers. So my post would have said "Last edited by Cheese : Today at XX:00 PM." Which it doesn't.

I didn't edit the post. Vertias is imagining things, from like, two weeks ago even.

[quote name='evanft']I love it when n00bs bump old topics.[/quote]

I love it when cowards don't have anything of relevance to add, ever.

did you ever find that other comment you posted yesterday, coward?

and cheese, thanks for (accidentaly) making my point.

fucking liar.

now, I'm done with this thread. I think I'll give it back to the trolls; you are all so eager to run away from me when I ask you to provide ANYTHING of substance, and until now I wondered where you ran off to, with your tail between your legs.

in the future, try not to interrupt the adults when they are talking, if all you can do is fling one-line ad hominem shit and call it a valid point.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a cheese.

I can't say anyone of Arabic decent ever came up to me and asked who I voted for.

Safe to say I can assume the insurgents didn't go up to the reporters and ask who they worked for:

Insurgent: Who do you work for?
Reporter: CNN
Insurgent: Please keep clear of the road near the school. There will be IEDs placed in a couple of minutes. Shh.

Insurgent: Who do you work for?
Reporter: Fair and balanced, bitch.
Insurgent: Allahu Akbar!!!

Yeah, I'm guessing it went something like that.

[quote name='Veritas1204']I love it when cowards don't have anything of relevance to add, ever.

did you ever find that other comment you posted yesterday, coward?

and cheese, thanks for (accidentaly) making my point.

fucking liar.

now, I'm done with this thread. I think I'll give it back to the trolls; you are all so eager to run away from me when I ask you to provide ANYTHING of substance, and until now I wondered where you ran off to, with your tail between your legs.

in the future, try not to interrupt the adults when they are talking, if all you can do is fling one-line ad hominem shit and call it a valid point.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a cheese.[/QUOTE]

Sorry there kiddo, you dreamed I wrote something I didn't (and for your own good, if you're dreaming about this shit, you really should get out more). I'm sorry you don't have the reading comprehension to see that it took a minute, but the edit tag showed up eventually (as it would have in the post in question, if I had in fact edited it, which I didn't). I'm sorry that you have provided no evidence or corroborating witnesses to back up your statement.

No one has run away from you on these forums, quite the opposite in fact. You follow the same tactic as many other pathological right wing internet users: when confronted or the grasp of a conversation eludes you, you lash out and begin calling people names, make false accusations and respond with sheer rage. Thing is, you're really not very good at it. As a matter of fact, you're exceedingly bad at it, you really should try a different tactic or head back to freep or stormfront for wing-nut lessons.

Very likes the word coward a lot.

I am going to go ahead and assume this is because it is the only word he/she/it knows how to spell.

P.s. Does He/She/It know what the word means?

Originally Posted by Veritas1204
GAWD, SHUT UP, THE ADULTS ARE TALKING

Why don't you stick to the main topic instead of allowing yourself to be so easily insulted? Not that we really care to hear any more of your 'views', It's just the fact that you're so easily destracted that really speaks volumes about you, if not the fact that you feel the need to haplessly insult people over negligible comments.

bread's done
Back