Motorola NFL Head Coach Headset (Xbox 360 & PS2) $29 shipped at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to go to sleep and this deal woke me up lol.. thanks man, need a new headset too.

You know, I actually like the way that looks. It doesn't look flimsy. Too bad they didn't make the cable equally robust. I'm always afraid that the cable is going to break with my regular headset. Still, I just might have to purchase this one.

EDIT: Now, the only question is do I get the 360 version or do I get the PS2 version that will also work with my PC...

EDIT 2: Looks like the Wireless Gaming Receiver listed here will allow me to use both the 360 controller AND the headset on a PC. Looks like I'm buying the 360 version! WOOT!

Yeah I almost purchased this a few days ago but the $50 pricetag ebgames had on it kept me away. I might just do it now. Was hoping for some reviews of it first though.

I get a little annoyed by the feel of the stock 360 headset after a couple hours of chromehounds, this looks like it might stay comfy after a couple hours

[quote name='moojuice']Good price, but lack of reviews makes me weary.[/QUOTE]

i can't find any reviews either... anyone know where else there might be one?

Circuit City and Best Buy have them in-store, so you may want to stop by there and look at them in-person. CC has it for $39.99 this week, and BB has it for the retail price of $49.99.

is that actual size in the pic. If so that thing is huge. It does look like a quality product, and motorola is a awsome company. But I don't need it. maybe if I run across an extra $30 I would like to get this.

[quote name='Amazon, BarnesAndNoble, and other websites']12' USB cable with in-line mute and volume control [/quote]

Hmmm, sounds like this thing doesn't really plug into the controller at all (as decievingly portrayed in the picture), but rather into one of the USB ports... Else why would they specify USB cord that is 12' long?

meh... when are these other guys (third-party vendors) going to realize that cords suck?

I think the thing is really fugly and huge, but can anyone confirm one way or the other?

[quote name='BlackDogJake']Hmmm, sounds like this thing doesn't really plug into the controller at all (as decievingly portrayed in the picture), but rather into one of the USB ports... Else why would they specify USB cord that is 12' long?[/QUOTE]

thats probably just the ps2 description and amazon was too lazy to make one for the 360 headset so they just copied and pasted.

[quote name='mr ryles']thats probably just the ps2 description and amazon was too lazy to make one for the 360 headset so they just copied and pasted.[/QUOTE]

It's been a long time since I have played on a PS2, but do they have USB?

[quote name='BlackDogJake']It's been a long time since I have played on a PS2, but do they have USB?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Yes, it does. The Socom headset from Logitech is USB. I use it with Skype all the time.

I just got in from Sams Club and its 35 and some change there, for those of you who have a membership there and prefer to buy it B&M

If you want, you can edit and include this info Cheapy.

[quote name='mr ryles']is that actual size in the pic. If so that thing is huge. It does look like a quality product, and motorola is a awsome company. But I don't need it. maybe if I run across an extra $30 I would like to get this.[/quote]

It is huge. Saw it today @ a local Gamestop.

Man do you guys not watch NFL football? It's (designed to be) the same as what the coaches wear for ~3hrs on Sundays. The first time I saw them in store, I was like, that is SO COOL, just like a coach. Then I was like, I am such a dork, but man that is still cool :p They also mention it with the NFL Head Coach game EA put out, but who plays that. I'm with DaPhatty...do I get the 360 or PS2 version...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I just got in from Sams Club and its 35 and some change there, for those of you who have a membership there and prefer to buy it B&M[/quote]

Well, how do you like it? Given that reviews are impossible to find publicly, it would be nice to hear how someone on the board feels about the product...

[quote name='EnsignGarak']Well, how do you like it? Given that reviews are impossible to find publicly, it would be nice to hear how someone on the board feels about the product...[/quote]

I didn't say I got it...I had just gotten in from running errands for my mother there. Seeing as the price there is about what it would come to with shipping from Amazon, I thought I'd give fellows CAGs a headsup about it B&M

I'm in for the xbox 360 version. Going in blind on this one since I can't find any reviews. Hopefully will be compatible with my PC via the wireless adapter (when that comes out)

[quote name='BlackDogJake']Hmmm, sounds like this thing doesn't really plug into the controller at all (as decievingly portrayed in the picture), but rather into one of the USB ports... Else why would they specify USB cord that is 12' long?[/quote] According to the TeamXbox review, it plugs directly into the 360 controller and has volume and mute controls.

I almost bought this at Best Buy earlier this week but one thing slowed me down: The EA logo on the headset. I figured I could wait a little because of such a small and pointless thing. Then I saw this deal. Then I realized I can wait because I would rather just buy the official wireless headset when it comes out. That EA logo saved me some money.

It's all about the "D"! CheapyD that is!!!

Well, I dunno what all the hemming and hawing is about. This is a HEADSET people!!! It's not a $40,000 sound system you might get home and not know how to use. It's not a rocket kit you could burn your face off with! It's not even a hot chick that you show you a thing or two... oh but if it was!

It's FOOTBALL season! And for that football fan in EACH and EVERY one of us... Motorola has made the ultimate Madden accessory. Has no one else here got EVERY other copy of Madden ever made? Do you REALLY how you LOOK while playing VIDEO GAMES? And do you REALLY need a REVIEW to tell you the thing works and you should get one???

I feel like one of those guys in the Mil. Best Light commercials, watching some other pansy sit there and act like a freak. May the beer can crush there little bodies! This is FOOTBALL!!! It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!! And I my fellow nacho eating, beer drinking, Seahawk loving fans love EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I'm in CheapyD! I'm glad your here to save us all the $$$!!! And I can't wait for Julian Peterson to kill the fool who doesn't get in on this amazing deal!!!!!

;)

...you do realize most of us are wondering about how well this headset functions, not the appeareance, right? And that most of us already HAVE at least 2 headsets that don't even work? And $30 is alot to spend on a piece of equipment that wont even function (hey, it may, thats why we are wondering)?

Your kidding, right? Most of you broke multiple headsets already? Most of you aren't sure if a different headset is going to work? Come on man! It's a headset, not a freaking sports car. It's got an earpiece, you plug it in... wait, maybe THAT'S why your other headsets don't work. :D

Ok, I hear what your saying. And this IS cheap ass gamer. You don't want to spend $30 on a pile of sh!t. But hey, CheapyD himself brought it up. You can trust him, can't you? And there IS a review now... it's listed right on the front page. So it's not like your going in blind unless your ARE blind and can't read. And I'm hoping you can read, because you replied to my message, meaning you found a way to extrapolate what I was saying one way or another.

Bottom line... I'm in. I trust Cheapy, Motorola, and Madden. What else could you want from your headset today? :D

If it were wireless I'd bite - I'm tired of wires drooping down in my lap when I play.

Do they even make a wireless headset for the 360?

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I went ahead and got one.

Hopefully it's comfortable for long gaming sessions.[/quote]

Ditto. I already bought a Plantronics X30. Good audio quality but I found awkward the way you wear it.

I don't mind some cable.
I use the wireless pad as second one, because I'm too lazy to change battery once a week ;).

[quote name='jaybird']That's what I'm talking about. How much is MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it will retail for $59.99.

I will probably do the same thing. I was trying to convince the wife to let me buy the Coach headset since it looked so comfortable, but I think having no wires would be the best of all. =)

EDIT: Also, check here. Thanks to LinkinPrime

I got one when it was $50 at circuit city. I returned a plantronics x30 because it felt like a gummy worm, got 30 bucks towards this headset. This thing kicks butt. Super comfy, much louder than stock headset, easy mute switch to reach while in game. The cord is real long and appears to be very sturdy. An interesting fact: the headset cord plugs into the volume control dongle thing which in turn plugs into controller headset input.
Like this: headset (^)-------->()>controller. If I recall correctly, the prongs (one from cord, one from dongle) are of different sizes, so there might be different applications for this besides video games? possibly listening to music through mic output on a stereo? Only drawback, it is a little heavy, so occasionally I have to take it off for a few minutes after long online gaming sessions. Other possibility: might use up batteries faster in wireless controllers than MS headset, due to it's much larger speaker size. Although I could be completely wrong about that.

Mine's arrived today, hope it's as good as the review said. If so I may order one for my PS/2 (and it will also work for the PC since it's USB).

Mini-Review

Well, mine showed up today and I am both happy and disappointed with it.

The Good

Headset is strong like a rock! No wobble or twisting on this bad boy. Definitely worth the $30. Sound is great too. Volume control is much better than stock and so is the comfort. I don't think I could get tired wearing this headset.

The Bad

I don't know why but my wireless controller keeps blinking as if the batteries were dead. I swapped out the current batteries for a pair of fully charged ones and the controller is still blinking! I tested the headset on both my wireless controllers and got the same results. :bomb:

I haven't played long enough to know if this headset is going to be a major battery drain or not. Only time will tell.

[quote name='daphatty']Mini-Review

Well, mine showed up today and I am both happy and disappointed with it.

The Good

Headset is strong like a rock! No wobble or twisting on this bad boy. Definitely worth the $30. Sound is great too. Volume control is much better than stock and so is the comfort. I don't think I could get tired wearing this headset.

The Bad

I don't know why but my wireless controller keeps blinking as if the batteries were dead. I swapped out the current batteries for a pair of fully charged ones and the controller is still blinking! I tested the headset on both my wireless controllers and got the same results. :bomb:

I haven't played long enough to know if this headset is going to be a major battery drain or not. Only time will tell.[/quote]
Cool. Is it (alot) louder than the stock headset? I can't stand not being able to hear people. Any echoing?

[quote name='Trakan']Cool. Is it (alot) louder than the stock headset? I can't stand not being able to hear people. Any echoing?[/QUOTE]

Oh yea. Definitely louder. I haven't heard any echoing either. It is worth the money but the blinking battery lights is getting on my nerves.

Sweet, thanks for the review, I should have mine by tommorrow or Friday at the latest.

Edit: Nevermind. I just checked my order and it is out for delivery. I should have it today. WooHoo!! In less than a day. That is some awesome shipping.

When you're arranging a wedding ceremony, there are a variety of things to juggle. It could be a challenging job even with the aid of close friends, family and skilled wedding event organizers. Below are a few superb advice to actually sense comfortable about every factor of your wedding event, from the centerpieces for the rental costs. Should you be having trouble figuring out the best time to marry, think of getting married throughout the winter season. Try to program your wedding all around November or January to help you prevent the high costs throughout the holiday seasons. This will assist to provide an inexpensive wedding event that may be stunning way too. Look into the other situations might be happening in your city at the time of your wedding day. By way of example, if this actually is about the few days in the twelve-monthly marathon, it may possibly not have an effect on receiving a wedding reception hall, nevertheless it would stop your away from village guests from possibly getting a hotel room. A good thing to the woman to remember in relation to wedding ceremonies is to be sure that your make-up is from the water-proof variety. This will be significant in order that it will not work in case of tears, sweating, and bad weather - all of which may occur on your wedding day. It is good social manners to secure your sparkling wine cup from the originate rather than the dish which means you don't heat the fluid within. You should always have got a cup of sparkling wine available to you throughout your party so that you're entirely equipped anytime someone is ready to toast you. An effective word of advice to be aware of for marriage ceremonies is to make certain that you focus on suggestions that the digital photographer supplies. They will likely only inform you the things they consider is right for you, and when you ignore them you may then remain in for several hostility and bad image quality. In case you have an outdoor wedding party, have a backup plan. Numerous marriage ceremonies happen to be messed up by rain or some other weather problems. Use a swift alternative to an outdoors place, be it to have the wedding service with the reception hallway or have camping tents create in case. This will allow the wedding event to occur gladly regardless of what the weather is doing. Great job on so that it is this much. When the planning hasn't terrified you away by now, then you should be all set to take on this obstacle. Your wedding is your own. Consider the suggestions offered right here to make your day all you want it to be and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back