Wild Arms: Alter Code F $29.99 at Agetec.com

I got this game for free through a screw up of Overstock's.

With that said, I disliked it immensely compared to the original.

I got maybe 5 hours in and gave up.

Jack doesn't even pull his sword out in battle! What kinda crap is that!?!?!?!? :bomb:

The only reason I have it is because a friend owed me $50 and he got it when that's what it cost. I still have the original though so all is quite well in my land. :bouncy:

WTF? This game was very good! The remake, not reprint, is sort of based off of Wild ARMS 3's engine, and it was rewritten somewhat. It's good.

I have to agree with all those who feel the original version is far superior. This game is definite proof that better graphics don't make a better game.

[quote name='dsullo']what is the difference between the original and the reprint?[/quote]

The most obvious difference is that they have updated the graphics to make it look a lot better than it used. They also added the ability to play as some of the minor characters from the original version. I think the improvements stop there. The other big change is that they have altered the battle/encounter system to be more like the newer entries in the series (WA3 & WA4). They removed all the armor and equipment that you used to be able to find from the game and also changed around the Force System so that charcter skills work differently.

Definitely a let-down after enjoying the original version so much.

[quote name='62t']The reprint is the one without the bonus DVd. I personally prefer WA4 over this.[/QUOTE]I just started and I'm almost finished with WA4. It's the better game over ACF but doesn't really hold up to the first 3 games. Its pros and cons are fairly balanced.

wooo got it from Eb for 13 bucks ship (after using one of those 10 buck reward coupons)

good thing too cause the coupon expired around oct 2

[quote name='eau']It's probably the reprint verison without the bonus anime disc. Not that you'd really miss the bonus disc anyway.[/quote]

This is true... I know for .//hack I only watched the first one out of the four and on the Xenosaga II DVD preorder disk I fell asleep about an hour into it and never watched it again. :lol:

the bonus disc is just the first ep of the anime i think. Sold the old copy of the game for $40ish on ebay a while ago since I didnt like it.

bread's done
Back