Cheapass Gaming Chair?

mmn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Help me!

I need a small chair for gaming. Has to be comfortable, of course, and less than $75.

There's 2 chairs that's the style I like but are about $25 out of my price range.

The first is this recliner from Walmart for $100 -
0006585712254_215X215.jpg

The second is this one from Best Buy for $100 -
4499821_rc.jpg

Anyone know how I can either get those chairs cheaper or recommend me another chair that you own that would work just as well?

In my dorm room I use a couple of those fold up outdoor chairs they sell at wal-mart, reasonably comfy for around $10, and a hell of a lot easier to move and store.

too much money! drive around until you find one sitting on the street. i got a sweet loveseat for my gaming room, it ifts great and even matches my shelving! best of all it was free!

Those AK chairs are super comfy. It's like sitting in a racing style car seat. I haven't got mine yet i'm waiting for a sale.

[quote name='iheartmetal']too much money! drive around until you find one sitting on the street. i got a sweet loveseat for my gaming room, it ifts great and even matches my shelving! best of all it was free![/quote]

A loveseat sounds too big. I need something small.

Get an old ass, wide seated, beat up recliner. Broken in, fabric as tough as steel, and looks like hell. Then, get a cheapo coffee table to put next to said old ass recliner. Why do you ask? Harder to spill that beverage of choice on your controller than it would be with a cheapo chair with built in cupholder. Bada bing, bada boom... you have yourself an uber gaming throne.

[quote name='Skylander7']Get an old ass, wide seated, beat up recliner. Broken in, fabric as tough as steel, and looks like hell. Then, get a cheapo coffee table to put next to said old ass recliner. Why do you ask? Harder to spill that beverage of choice on your controller than it would be with a cheapo chair with built in cupholder. Bada bing, bada boom... you have yourself an uber gaming throne.[/quote]

First off, the chair is for a room, so the whole recliner + coffee table is much to big.

Second off, yeah it's pretty much common sense to put drinks on a damn table. But thanks for not helping.

I'm sitting in an AK Rocker right now. Great chair. It has an incredible back contour. When I sit in it without the cloth cover, my lower back creates suction!

Still, I don't recommend it to anyone who is very tall. I'm 6' and my head is bordering on being too high up for the headrest. I'm going to make a custom little pillow-sock thing to slide on the top. It's completely worth the trouble to have such a supportive chair.

I would say you should save up to get the extra $25. You can also go curbing like iheartmetal suggested. You can find cheap ones at the salvation army or look in the classifieds.

I agree with cheap chair dude. Best gaming chair I've found is 4 buck folding reclining tarp chair (this week at dick's sporting goods). Um...save the extra 70 bucks for games I suppose.

[quote name='iheartmetal']too much money! drive around until you find one sitting on the street. i got a sweet loveseat for my gaming room, it ifts great and even matches my shelving! best of all it was free![/quote]

:applause:

got a bunch of chairs when an office went out of business. Sitting in one right now!

oh yea one man's trash is another's treasure but a big ol bean bag chair does well.. i normally just play sleepin on my bed or find a chair and a pillow and sit on that.. but that walmart chair is lookin reallll comfy

I just checked out the first chair posted by the OP. It's got a side pocket on each side that zippers. Thing is the zipper is on the bottom of the pocket... wassupwitdat?

[quote name='rodeojones903']Taking peoples trash is taking cheap to the extreme. :D[/quote]
How about this for cheapassness?
I've never bought a trailer trash chair. I find them abandoned on the side of the road, pick them up, toss them in the trunk, and drive off!

I picked up a couple of gaming chairs from Bed Bath & Beyond last year for around $50 each. They're basically black papasan chairs with metal frames that fold up when I'm not using them. They're comfy too! :)

I bought a leather recliner that looks very similar to the $100 Best Buy Chair at the place I work (Menards) for about $49 around christmas time last year. Perfect for what i needed it for.

Yeah, I see TONS of those chairs like the 2nd one pictured. Furniture store usually have them cheap. Art Van seems to have them i the clearance center...always. Check out your local furniture store.

The WalMart one seems decent for th price, although not sure how long it would hold up

[quote name='Cornfedwb']The Wal-mart chair is junk, a friend of mine decided to buy one and the thing basically fell apart after 4 months.[/quote]

No big deal, it's not like WalMart wouldn't take it back.

As an update :

Ended up going with a chair similar the 2nd one in my first post in this thread. It was less than $100 after taxes at Wal-Mart. It's a reclining chair that rocks with an ottoman that also rocks. Very comfy, definitely happy on the purchase.

Thanks for the help everyone.

[quote name='flizmo007']I just purchased an AK Designs Rocking Chair that I tested out at Best Buy. They had it on display in ftont of a big screen TV with ESPN football. Once I sat in it, I was sold.. It looks kinda like a giant oversized carchair for a baby, but it is so comfortable and great for gaming.. Price is $79.99... Heres the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1081900335425&skuId=6616637&type=product[/quote]

Get this chair. It 's awesome. There's also the "Video Rocker" which is just a padded plywood rocker for about $35 but not quite as well balanced as the Best Buy chair.

bread's done
Back