Grandia III- $30 at Walmart (ymmv?)

Lord Omega Yagami

CAG Veteran
I noticed that Grandia III for the PS2 had a $30 tag on it at Walmart today. According to the site, it is still $50, so that and the fact that Walmart can be weird, so this is YMMV. But if this is the case, you must pick up this excellent RPG. Easily the best battle system ever.

Its been 29.99 for a few weeks now.. ebgames and gamestop both have it on their site used for 26.99.. $29.99 also on amazon.com.. should be that price at most places

[quote name='Cpt Hooks']Got the game for $20 at a local game store!
Great so far.[/quote]

wtf?? how the heck u got that for $20? It's one of the mystery in the century!!

Anyone think it's gonna be Greatest Hit? Do I need to play previous ones to understand the story on this one?

GameRush also sells it universally for $29.99 new. I picked it up for $30 since I didn't want to take a gamble and have it vanish from shelves. You can never tell when some RPGs will disappear before they hit $20.

I wish there is a way we can find out how many copies are sold for games, maybe we can keep track of the sale statistics and have a better decision making.

Hmmm ... I'd like to see it hit $20, and I think it will. In terms of it vanishing from gameshelves, not likely. This one has a much better shot given its publisher is Squenix. EIther way, I presume most stores will have it for $20 soon enough.

[quote name='dbz4ever']Anyone think it's gonna be Greatest Hit? [/QUOTE]
No.
[quote name='dbz4ever']Do I need to play previous ones to understand the story on this one?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='Scorch']Its been 29.99 for a few weeks now.. ebgames and gamestop both have it on their site used for 26.99.. $29.99 also on amazon.com.. should be that price at most places[/QUOTE]

It is also $29.99 at Circuit City. However this game is not on Best Buy website the last time I checked. I also didn't want to wait for it to hit $19.99 before getting it. Sometimes it isn't that bad to spend an extra $10 on a few games.

[quote name='racerman8']Sometimes it isn't that bad to spend an extra $10 on a few games.[/quote]

True, everytime you spend $10 more on some game, you have the opportunity cost of spending that $10 on other great game, maybe God of War or Kingdom Heart for $10 in Thanksgiving. It's a risk we have to consider.

Guys, be careful - IMO this is BY FAR the worst Grandia game and in general, a piece of crap. Terrible story, terrible characters... the battle system is SO easy, I can't see how anyone thinks it's the "best ever." You can button mash through the whole damn game. It starts off strong but falls to pieces within hours and continues down that path. Most reviews I think share that sentiment. I would wait til it really comes down in price... maybe $9.99 used.

The second half isn't nearly as good as the first, but it's still a pretty good game. It's hardly as easy as you make it out to be. The combat system is quite good, IMHO.

Speaking of Grandia's combat system, I've heard Xtreme is pretty much ALL combat. Now to me that sounds potentially awesome, but I haven't heard much about the game. What do you folks think?

My bad. It's still $50 at the EB when I was there the other day.

And the battle system was far from a button masher. Try playing the game before you make lame assumptions.

I liked Grandia Xtreme alot. You can tell it isn't at the same level as the normal games but it is still pretty fun. I have no idea how much it is going for anymore, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

And this game didn't sell too well. I saw it atI think 80,000 a month or so ago.

i doubt it will make GH. meaning, there not gonna keep pumping the game out with red logos. but it should still hit the 19.99 price, most games do.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']i doubt it will make GH. meaning, there not gonna keep pumping the game out with red logos. but it should still hit the 19.99 price, most games do.[/quote]

I haven't seen any Square Enix RPG game that's not GH. Were Grandia I and II GH title?

[quote name='dbz4ever']I haven't seen any Square Enix RPG game that's not GH. Were Grandia I and II GH title?[/quote]

neither 1 nor 2 became GH, but both did eventually drop to 20 bucks.

[quote name='CriscoKidd']neither 1 nor 2 became GH, but both did eventually drop to 20 bucks.[/quote]
How long did it take to drop to $20,do you know?

[quote name='dbz4ever']How long did it take to drop to $20,do you know?[/quote]

I don't know how long it took for Grandia 1 to drop to 20, but I do know I wouldn't have picked it up unless it did because I didn't know how good of a game it was.

I'm not sure how long it took Grandia 2 to drop in price(for the PS2), but I don't think it took that long.

If Grandia 3 is going to drop in price again, it'll probly be sometime before Christmas, at least that's what I'm hoping(ditto for tales of legendia). If not, then I'll just shell out the 30. I've got a backlog, so I can afford to be patient.

agreed -- btw, were grandia 1 and 2 for the ps2 published by Squenix? I don't think they were ... grandia 2 was, after all, a DC port -- BTW, recommend you play it on the DC vs. the PS2; I've been told that the PS2 version is a little buggy and slows down at the oddest of places :)

Agree that G3 won't be a GH -- but it'll drop to $20 for sure.

[quote name='dbz4ever']I haven't seen any Square Enix RPG game that's not GH. Were Grandia I and II GH title?[/QUOTE]

Well, Radiata Stories is not GH. Don't know will it become a GH.

[quote name='romeogbs19']agreed -- btw, were grandia 1 and 2 for the ps2 published by Squenix? I don't think they were ... grandia 2 was, after all, a DC port -- BTW, recommend you play it on the DC vs. the PS2; I've been told that the PS2 version is a little buggy and slows down at the oddest of places :)

Agree that G3 won't be a GH -- but it'll drop to $20 for sure.[/QUOTE]

The first was published by Sony and the second (Both DC and PS2) by UbiSoft. Xtreme was published by Enix.

bread's done
Back