Dead Rising ships more than Half a Million in 2 weeks

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Capcom announced today that it has shipped more than 500,000 units of Dead Rising within the first two weeks of its launch.

In a press release prepared for the announcement, Charles Bellfield, vice president, marketing, Capcom Entertainment said:

“Response to Dead Rising from the trade, press and consumers has been tremendous. The success of the game is a result of Capcom’s recognition of Xbox 360 system’s possibilities and starting development early on in order to deliver such a high-quality game.”

Dead Rising released on August 8 in North America and it is scheduled to release on September 8 in Europe and on September 28 in Japan. The game carries an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).

In preparation for the next generation transition, in 2005 Capcom concentrated on creating titles for foreign markets while seeking to improve its marketing, sales and business operations functions in North America. Dead Rising’s early success is attributable to these changes and Capcom’s foresighted philosophy of embracing next generation development to yield a high quality title with worldwide appeal. As a result, Dead Rising is also the fastest selling next generation title for a Japanese publisher.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11667/Dead-Rising-Ships-More-Than-500000-Units-in-Two-Weeks/

This is exactly what us 360 fans were hoping for, we will surely see more PS3 "exclusives" coming over to our favorite from Capcom as well as others.

I'm actually getting to enjoy the game since I die a hell of a lot less, even though I hate zombie games. Glad to hear the news.

Good news. Hopefully Japanese publishers will see this and decide to release games that are PS3 exclusives in Japan on the 360 and PS3 in the US since there is a market for Japanese games on the 360.

This game will hopefully sell a million by next summer, which is when I'm hoping to pick it up for $20. I definitely enjoyed the week or so I had with it as a rental, but I can wait for it to get cheaper.

Does anybody know about how many units CoD2, Fight Night Round Round 3, Oblivion, and G.R.A.W. sold? I think those were the big sellers for the 360, so I'm wondering how well they've been doing.

Whats the mainidea of the game anyway? IS it jsut search and recue missions? The demo wore off in about an hour... just killing zombies, what does the real game make ya do?

Nice...just keep in mind "shipped" doesn't necessarily mean "sold." Still good news.

Interested to see how Saint's Row does...I'd assume it would sell like crazy since it's "360 GTA" and ads have been all over the place.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nice...just keep in mind "shipped" doesn't necessarily mean "sold." Still good news.

Interested to see how Saint's Row does...I'd assume it would sell like crazy since it's "360 GTA" and ads have been all over the place.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. It'll do good, but not that great. Most people I've shown the game to seem 50/50 about it.

Well I will tell you right now that I bought the 360 just cause of Dead Rising and I love the 360, I was a PS fan before but I like the 360 too I will get PS3 too so no worries for me! BTW Dead Rising is a great game wonder if Resident Evil inspired Capcome to make this game?

This game makes me wish I had an Xbox 360. But I have no HD TV. And I hear you can't even read the text without a high def tv. But the idea of seeing Jill Sandwiches kind of excites me.

It pretty much sold me on the 360. :) I just beat the game last night, but I'll be going back & trying for some of the other achievements now. The game is a blast.

Is this still in the game?

dead-rising-20050517062832191.jpg

[quote name='Paco']This game makes me wish I had an Xbox 360. But I have no HD TV. And I hear you can't even read the text without a high def tv. But the idea of seeing Jill Sandwiches kind of excites me.[/quote]

You can read it, but its a bit hard, the graphics are still great. THe controls are simplistic also, so its not like u need to read anything. (atleast form what I have seen in the demo)

[quote name='Metal Boss']Is this still in the game?
[/QUOTE]

Very much so. And it is beautiful.

The text is barely readable on an SDTV. But it doesn't matter. Text is of little importance in this game.

And? So what if its units shipped? This is about as important as Sony saying they "shipped" 1 million PSP's. It means nothing besides there are a bunch of copies sitting on store shelves.

This game does look extremely awesome though. And I've been wondering, they say there can be 1000 zombies on screen at once...are there ever 1000 on screen at any time?

[quote name='Sejad']Well I will tell you right now that I bought the 360 just cause of Dead Rising and I love the 360, I was a PS fan before but I like the 360 too I will get PS3 too so no worries for me! BTW Dead Rising is a great game wonder if Resident Evil inspired Capcome to make this game?[/quote]

Same here. I was planning on buying a 360 regardless, but as soon as this came out I just couldn't keep to my CAG ways and hold out any longer. Game is phenomenal.

You must be really young, that or you just haven't seen either the original or the remake of Dawn of the Dead. There's a reason why there is a sticker on the cover stating that this game has no connection to Romero's movies.

[quote name='sephitor']Very much so. And it is beautiful.

The text is barely readable on an SDTV. But it doesn't matter. Text is of little importance in this game.[/quote]

Got me an HDTV for this game.

[quote name='whoknows']And? So what if its units shipped? This is about as important as Sony saying they "shipped" 1 million PSP's. It means nothing besides there are a bunch of copies sitting on store shelves.

[/QUOTE]

Units shipped is a big deal. They do not just give the games away for free to the retailers, and the retailers just pay them for what they sell later on. A store is not going to buy product that it does not think it will be able to move, and move quickly. Every single one of those units shipped will become a sold game/system, its just a matter of time.

bread's done
Back