500¥ ($4) USA Xbox 360 games (new) at Asobit City in Akihabara

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
EDIT: Please don't ask me to send you any games. Thanks.

500¥ ($4 US) has got to be the cheapest price on record for Xbox 360 games.
Games are new, sealed and are USA versions (read: this is not evidence of the Xbox 360 failing in Japan!).

Choose from the following titles:

Kameo
PGR 3
FIFA: Road to the World Cup
Madden 06
King Kong
Tiger Woods 06
Need for Speed Underground
NBA Live 06

They are on the 4th (or 5th, I forget) floor with the import games.
Picked up Kameo, FIFA, King Kong and Madden for myself.

500yengames.jpg

[quote name='invinceable104']Must be a bad sign for the 360 in Japan...[/quote]Not really, these are the North American versions of the games which won't work on a Japanese 360.

Man I would buy 20 copies of Maddon 06, even though I hate the game, because it has my favorite feature.

John Madden not talking, because if I need to be told that if the quarterback throws to a receiver, while the reciever is in the end zone, it will be a touchdown. I should not be playing a football game.

All those games are region protected.
Just as the USA has import stores that sell Japanese games, Japan has import stores that sell USA and European games.

How much would it be ship some of these to the US? At that price they might still be a good deal even with the shipping. I would love to get all of those actually, at this price. Would anyone be willing to bulk ship me those games? Or at least give me a price quote on the shipping.

wow if there is anyway someone could hook me up with need for speed, and the shipping costs arent greater than 20 bucks, i'd love them long time.

Damn! That is a great deal! I'd take
Kameo
King Kong
Tiger Woods 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted

That would be silly if anyone got those for that price!

Nice find, have a few questions.

First, did they have several copies? I live in Iriya and will go there tomorrow to pick up the 3 I dont have already if they had plenty of copies.

Second, where is asobit located in relation to yodobashi or club sega? Just a general description of location would do since I dont recall seeing it in the time Ive spent there.

Thanks in advance,

RuneX

Is there anyone in Japan that could get copies of those? I'd take one of each game, and bulk shipping might not be too bad...

I would gladly pay someone for their time and trouble...plus shipping! If they wouldn't mind picking up 1 copy of each game for me! Let me know!

[quote name='evilmax17']You should buy all the available titles (it'll cost you what, $50?), and set up a sweet contest.[/quote]

YEah its only 50 dollars, so you paypal cheapyd 50 bux and he will run the contest.

Damn, I'd love to grab one of each if possible... Someone please PM me if you can pick them up for me - of course I'll pay for the games, shipping and time. Thanks!

Hey Cheapy, what is the address of that location? I ask because my friend is going their next week and he is going to check it out.

As my PM box fills up, I obviously made a big error in not writing, "Please don't ask me to send you any games".

This isn't your local Toys R Us, where you can walk out with bag full of games as a faceless customer. They know what's up.
I am 6'4" bald whitey in Tokyo. I like to go back to these stores.

Besides, it didn't seem they had that many left in stock.

EDIT: People don't really use addresses in Tokyo. Asobit City is in Akhabara on the main drag. It's on the other side of the street from Club Sega.
You want to go in the one that sells games...on the 4th or 5th floor (the floor that has import games).

Look for the sign that looks like this:
index_title001.gif

[quote name='CheapyD']As my PM box fills up, I obviously made a big error in not writing, "Please don't ask me to send you any games".

This isn't your local Toys R Us, where you can walk out with bag full of games as a faceless customer. They know what's up.
I am 6'4" bald whitey in Tokyo. I like to go back to these stores.

Besides, it didn't seem they had that many left in stock.

EDIT: People don't really use addresses in Tokyo. Asobit City is in Akhabara on the main drag. It's on the other side of the street from Club Sega.
You want to go in the one that sells games...on the 4th or 5th floor (the floor that has import games).

Look for the sign that looks like this:
index_title001.gif
[/quote]

Thanks, I think I know where it is now. I know addresses are not exactly common, which is why I was looking for a reference point. Gonna head up there in a little bit.

What I really wonder about is their source for these. Did they, ah, fall off a truck? High quality pirating? $4 is pretty damn extreme. Even during Circuit City insanity sales I'd expect to pay at least twice that.

[quote name='RuneX']Nice find, have a few questions.

Second, where is asobit located in relation to yodobashi or club sega? Just a general description of location would do since I dont recall seeing it in the time Ive spent there.

RuneX[/quote] http://www.laox.co.jp/images/shop_list/map/akibamap.jpg

AsobitG(ame). Five minutes from Akiba Stn, tops. Across from Sofmap more or less, down the main stip half a block from Club Sega (but on the opposite Side of Chuo-Dori).

Oh, and for those of you asking, shipping is dirt cheap if sent as kogata hosobutsu (small packet). Ten bucks gets you more than a KILO of goods. A single game clocks in at about 400 yen tops.

If interested, check in with Xombe at forums.xbox-scene.com.

Edit: Meaning, if interseted in more info. Not sales.

What do you think their response would be if big bald whitey in Japan showed them how many U.S. gamers (including myself) would be willing to pay, say 10,000 Yen to have one of each of those titles shipped to the U.S? They get rid of their games and get shipping covered with a little markup beyond what they're asking.

And you pave the way for Cheap Ass Gamer-san to emerge....

[quote name='Salmonday']10,000 Yen to have one of each of those titles shipped to the U.S?[/quote]

That's almost $100 !!

EDIT: I just checked and it's actually about $85.40.

I was just there about an hour ago and it looks like the sale is over. The games mentioned, that is the ones they had left were all back up to 7000-8000 yen.

Nice store though, I forgot I had been there before a couple times.

[quote name='reibeatall']So... anybody in Akihabara right now feelin' nice?[/quote]

Im about 1 and 1/2 hours from there. Good post looks like i am making me a trip tomorrow.

bread's done
Back