Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's Edition $29.99 at EB/GS

Just came back from my local GS and they had a dusty T5 arcade stick. Sticker said $79.99 but rang up for $29.99. I was tradding in a copy of Halo2 to get the $22 credit and ended up having to pay just $10 for the stick. Sweeet

The hori controller and the Tekken 5 w/ a special dvd case to hold the rest of the Tekken games.

The stick is great for tekken and other 3d fighters but doesn't work well with 2d fighters.

The store that had one around my way was actually holding it for someone as well. Looks like this deal is getting around fast.

[quote name='Mr.FoodMonster']I called around, the furthest one I'm willing to drive to has one in stock and they're holding it for me. ROCK.[/QUOTE]

lucky I just stopped in and checked CAG for no reason-- just put one hold at a store around the corner :)

Thanks OP!

[quote name='jerm781otmail.com']Just came back from my local GS and they had a dusty T5 arcade stick. Sticker said $79.99 but rang up for $29.99. I was tradding in a copy of Halo2 to get the $22 credit and ended up having to pay just $10 for the stick. Sweeet[/QUOTE]

WTF? $22 trade-in credit for Halo 2?? That can't be right, can it?

Good deal... I think I'll pass though seeing as how I just got the SF 2 stick a month or so ago and have yet to use it, don't really think I'd have much use for a second one.

This is baffling. I was in a Gamestop two days ago that had a stick for $70, and it drops now? I'm not going to be able to get there like all weekend. Hopefully they'll still have it...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The hori controller and the Tekken 5 w/ a special dvd case to hold the rest of the Tekken games.

The stick is great for tekken and other 3d fighters but doesn't work well with 2d fighters.[/quote]

I had no problems using this for 2d-fighters as the Tekken 5 one is an Sqaure gate you won't get the full 360 motion for 2d fighters. SO you just gotta remember your using a square gate when purforming fireball motions.

[quote name='CaoPi']I had no problems using this for 2d-fighters as the Tekken 5 one is an Sqaure gate you won't get the full 360 motion for 2d fighters. SO you just gotta remember your using a square gate when purforming fireball motions.[/QUOTE]

hmmm...I'll keep that in mind next time I use it. My problem with the stick was that it was too loose, which I thought was fine in 3D games.

[quote name='jerm781otmail.com']Just came back from my local GS and they had a dusty T5 arcade stick. Sticker said $79.99 but rang up for $29.99. I was tradding in a copy of Halo2 to get the $22 credit and ended up having to pay just $10 for the stick. Sweeet[/quote]

Score! Nice find :joystick:

So yeah, I just got back with mine. I traded in my old (GH edition, mind you) Tekken 5, and got $7 twords it. Totally worth it. Now I've got a nice stick, a non GH edition of Tekken 5, and that Tekken game holder (Of which I'll only be able to put 2 games in... but I won't) The weird thing is that the game holder must've been glued all wrong, it was all stuck shut and together, and each DVD tray has like 2 dabs of glue holding them on. Oh well, it's going to stay boxed up anyways. Thanks a TON to the submitter, this was an excellent deal.

I'm off to go play with my stick! (Pun might be intended)

Ugh. I just payed $70 after trade ins for the package and the Futurama game. JUST A FREAKING MONTH AGO.
I wish Ebgames did price adjustments, because I still have the receipt.

Most Gamestop's should have at least one in stock but at that price most are going to get snapped up by an employee.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Can you do an Inventory check on this item? I cant even find it on the website. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Just call your local ones. They'll know if they have one in or not, because I'm sure they've been kicking around for months and employees would probably be annoyed with such large objects sitting around not selling. And no, I don't think it's on their site anymore.

Most Gamestop's should have at least one in stock but at that price most are going to get snapped up by an employee.

Thats why I never like to call ahead, but looks like I might have too or drive around. Thanks for the advice.:cool:

Thanks OP!!! This is an awesome deal!!! I actully found a few store that has it... Anyone near L.A. area, this GS still have one left!

2218 S atlantic blvd.,
monterey park,
ca 91754
(323) 722 2533

Call ahead to have them HOLD it for you NOW!!!

Good luck!

Thanks again OP! :bouncy:

Thanks OP, picked one up at my local Gamestop. There are three in my area and I found one in the second store.. Box is little scratched up, but that's ok. It even had $29.99 label on it.

is there twisty wires wrapped around the joystick wires? cause my shit is used. i can tell. it has finger prints on them. the guy was like "its brand new, its never used." i hate buying the last one in stock.

[quote name='trunks982']is there twisty wires wrapped around the joystick wires? cause my shit is used. i can tell. it has finger prints on them. the guy was like "its brand new, its never used." i hate buying the last one in stock.[/QUOTE]
There was on mine. Like, a black twist-tie? Yeah. My box was a little beat up, and there was no way someone had opened it, but my buttons have a bunch of little scratches on the surface, but probably because it's just been banged around. So, I'm willing to bet that those were there from whoever put it in the box, or you're just seeing things

yea its those black twisty things. when i saw those wires, it doesnt look new. its like something is used for pretty long time. and then its just shoved in the box. when something is new the wires will be like zigzag if u know what i mean. the one i got isnt and no twisty wires.

[quote name='toldawg128']Found one! This thing is frickin' huge! Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP, I picked up a couple after a million calls. And I agree this thing is huge!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The hori controller and the Tekken 5 w/ a special dvd case to hold the rest of the Tekken games.

The stick is great for tekken and other 3d fighters but doesn't work well with 2d fighters.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I know a few players who modded this stick (changed the buttons) and use it for Guilty Gear XX and SFAC. It's the BEST stick available for PS2.

[quote name='Zon27']On the contrary, I know a few players who modded this stick (changed the buttons) and use it for Guilty Gear XX and SFAC. It's the BEST stick available for PS2.[/quote]

In America.

My local stores are all out. :whistle2:/ oh well.

Yes. This is the BEST stick widely available in America for the PS2. I've owned one since the bundle cost $100 a year and a half ago.

Anyway, I saw this deal in the other thread yesterday, and went out this morning searching for another one. Went to three stores, two were sold out, one store had two in stock. The employee almost crapped himself when I traded in Halo 2, and ended up getting the bundle for $10.80 after tax.

In case anyone in Tucson is wondering, there is one left at the EBGames in Tucson Mall, but hurry because I think the employee who checked me out might buy the last one for himself.

[quote name='trunks982']is there twisty wires wrapped around the joystick wires? cause my shit is used. i can tell. it has finger prints on them. the guy was like "its brand new, its never used." i hate buying the last one in stock.[/quote]

what the outside of the cardboard box sealed with the stick seal? My friend bought one earlier as I can tell it was still new with 2 tape seals on top and bottom. Looks like you got screwed over?

The stick is great for tekken and other 3d fighters but doesn't work well with 2d fighters.[/QUOTE]

Very wrong.

If you check with real 2D and 3D fighting game players. Players that attend major tournaments etc. You'll see that the T5 Hori stick was probably the most popular stick there. I saw more of those than any other stick at EVO2006 world fighting game championships.

This is a great deal, it is IMO the best stick out the box available in America.

Well I'm in. My local store had 2 last night. Store manager and I had thoughts of buying them when they went down to $50 or less. In the meantime, I'd picked up the Japanese version (game only) from Lik-Sang for $9.99... but when this went down to $30 yesterday... no brainer. :)

[quote name='CaoPi']what the outside of the cardboard box sealed with the stick seal? My friend bought one earlier as I can tell it was still new with 2 tape seals on top and bottom. Looks like you got screwed over?[/QUOTE]

its the last one so its an open boxed on the floor. i picked up the empty box and asked if he got another one. he said its the last one so i bought it anyway. then he went to the back room and i saw him putting the stuff in the box. then he started to tape it and i stopped him. as long the stick works and the game is sealed im fine.

This is an absolute steal. I thought I got away with murder when I picked it up for $50 at Fry's a month or two ago. Hori arcade sticks are fucking awesome.

Picked up the last one at my EB Governers Square Tallahassee. Casheir muttered 'Holy Shit!' when he scanned it and it came up as $30 :whistle2:D.

THANK YOU!

For those who were able to get a sealed edition can you tell me what the exact contents were? I was only able to get a display copy. Luckily the collectors dvd case was sealed. The joystick had the bubble wrap and I didn't see any fingerprints, but the buttons have a bunch of scratches on them. Is this normal? I had to spend a few minutes explaining to the clerk that the collectors dvd case is empty and that Tekken 5 comes in a separate case. He couldn't find it so he gave me a GH version off the shelf. Is that all the contents that are supposed to come in this edition?

bread's done
Back