Bush can't think and chew gum at the same time

ZarathosNY

CAGiversary!
This is from a press conference:

Q Good morning. My name is Mark Trahant. I'm the editorial page editor of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and a member of the Native American Journalist Association. (Applause.) Most school kids learn about the government in the context of city, county, state and federal. And, of course, tribal governments are not part of that at all. Mr. President, you've been a governor and a President, so you have a unique experience, looking at it from two directions. What do you think tribal sovereignty means in the 21st century, and how do we resolve conflicts between tribes and the federal and the state governments?

THE PRESIDENT: Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities.

Just reading the quote doesn't do it justice, you can listen to it here.

http://www.majorityreportradio.com/weblog/archives/Bush - Tribal Sovereignty.mp3

That's too damn funny.

I can understand if people are Republicans, but is this really the best and brightest representative you can find to run for President?

hey its not his fault he`s dumb. Most people that are qualified to be a president dont win or dont run like Johny Mcain(shitty spelling) and joseph lieberman(a little closer). Kerry isnt that great either. Now at seems to me bush is a nice guy, Now in a couple of years democrats are going to have a bitch run that all she cares about is her career. She fuckin defended a cop killer. NYC finest booed her at a celebration for them after 9/11. WHO THE fuck defends a cop killer. You dont take the case and make the judge appoint someone. COMON.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']hey its not his fault he`s dumb. Most people that are qualified to be a president dont win or dont run like Johny Mcain(shitty spelling) and joseph lieberman(a little closer). Kerry isnt that great either. Now at seems to me bush is a nice guy, Now in a couple of years democrats are going to have a bitch run that all she cares about is her career. She shaq-fuin defended a cop killer. NYC finest booed her at a celebration for them after 9/11. WHO THE shaq-fu defends a cop killer. You dont take the case and make the judge appoint someone. COMON.[/quote]

And I though that audio clip of Bush didn't make sense...

Last year when I was contracting, I had this boss that would talk like George Bush. He would give me instructions and I had no idea what the hell he was saying. All is words made no sense or it was too strange to interpet. It used to drive me crazy.

He did get demoted eventually. He's a nice guy but a lousy communicator.

lol he's just not a great public speaker. i've had moments like that when i was in front of a class of maybe 15 people.

[quote name='Cracka']lol he's just not a great public speaker. i've had moments like that when i was in front of a class of maybe 15 people.[/quote]

I'm sorry to have to tell you about this but the tooth fairy is not real either.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='Cracka']lol he's just not a great public speaker. i've had moments like that when i was in front of a class of maybe 15 people.[/quote]

I'm sorry to have to tell you about this but the tooth fairy is not real either.[/quote]

The tooth fairy not real? What kind of democrat proaganda are you spreading? Please post a link that proves your statement is true!

I really can't comprehend Bush's response. I'm sure he doesn't get asked that question very often, but it was so open-ended, it should have been easy for him to search his brain for at least some aspect of the issue that he could elaborate on. He is the President after all. He answered the question like someone without any knowledge of the issue would have, and others may disagree but I wouldn't consider it an obscure issue at all.

bread's done
Back