List of 16:9 Games

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
16:9 is the future of gaming, or so EGM tells me...

I know that I-Ninja, Madden and GTA:VC support the format. What other games do? Specifically, I'm wondering if Beyond Good and Evil has a 16:9 option...

RE4 will only support 16:9.

Uhm.. I don't actually know of any others off hand. Not quite what you were looking for - but hey.

I heard BG&E can only be played in 16x9 - on the ps2 at least. - EDIT - or so I thought, but apparently not, based on the URL listed above

[quote name='javeryh']16:9 is the future of gaming, or so EGM tells me...

I know that I-Ninja, Madden and GTA:VC support the format. What other games do? Specifically, I'm wondering if Beyond Good and Evil has a 16:9 option...[/quote]

Why would they do that? - to fake the "cinematic feel?"

[quote name='mario23air']BG&E is in "letterbox", not 16x9. There is a difference.[/quote]

Apparently BG&E achieved higher frame rates by limiting the amount of screen real estate that needed to be rendered.

Also, Eternal Darkness and StarFox Adventures run in 16x9

[quote name='The_Continental']Why would they do that? - to fake the "cinematic feel?"

[quote name='mario23air']BG&E is in "letterbox", not 16x9. There is a difference.[/quote][/quote]

actually, thats exactly why. also, it helps the framerate

[quote name='Kamalot']Apparently BG&E achieved higher frame rates by limiting the amount of screen real estate that needed to be rendered.
[/quote]
I would think that having the game in widescreen would increase the amount of things rendered.

bread's done
Back