Mega Man ZX - Out on the 13th, an awesome change to the series!

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
http://ds.ign.com/articles/729/729553p1.html

There's the IGN preview... here is a summary for those who are too lazy to read it:

- A pretty tough difficulty

- Can play as both X and Zero "forms"

- The game is taking a page from Castlevania / Metroid... this has got me really excited:

Since the world is essentially divided between human and machine, players will not only have to use the Mega Men models, but also navigate neutral towns in human form. There's far more general exploration in the game (almost like Metroid: Fusion for GBA or Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for NES)

- Homages to the old series

The game is going to be awesome. Capcom is on a roll with awesome games lately.

That one review at gamebrink really floored me... for a Mega Man game to get a score that high despite the fact that the formula's been in use for 20 years... wow.

Anyway, it's a day 3 or 4 purchase for me (waiting for that Fry's ad.)

[quote name='Chacrana']That one review at gamebrink really floored me... for a Mega Man game to get a score that high despite the fact that the formula's been in use for 20 years... wow.

Anyway, it's a day 3 or 4 purchase for me (waiting for that Fry's ad.)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this sounds like a retooling of the classic formula, and not exactly the formula copied over again.

YES. I am so excited about this game. Looks amazing. Reserved it today with my 'Trade 3 get $10+' credit.

(Check my sig! Made it a few days ago.)

[quote name='Moses144']Got it off of Amazon where it's slightly cheaper, ships free, and is tax free.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Amazon wont give you a referral fee... I wasn't aware of the 26.99 price point. Waiting the 5-9 business days is just fine, especially since I just sent my Lite in for repair anyway...

[quote name='Chrono72090']YES. I am so excited about this game. Looks amazing. Reserved it today with my 'Trade 3 get $10+' credit.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think this is how I plan on getting the game too.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I think this is how I plan on getting the game too.[/quote]
Yep, and price is pretty reasonable, too. $29.99 MSRP = :D

This game does look pretty neat, but with Okami just around the conrer I'll save my money. And as far as DS games go I think I can wait for Castlevania and Yoshi's Island 2. But I may still pick this up if I find a temporary lull between games, or maybe trade Super Princess Peach for it.

I'm really contemplating this one. I'll most likely get it at the end of the week, when I get paid. I splurged this week, and bought a copy of Mario Tennis for the GC. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but I have a lot of games reserved XD

I'm looking forward to it as well. After dropping just under $230 for my DS Lite, Starfox, Lunar, and Mario Kart I'm kind of broke having ot pay tuition, insurance, rent. I'll find a way to get it though even if it means beating up a kid for his lunch money.

I really can't believe how shitty IGN's writing has become. Their writers have the tact and grace of 13-year-old kids, and every article has at least one really shameful typo.

For all you newbies out there, however, the easy mode will be right up your ally, allowing virtually any level of player to get as much as possible out of the game without the need for a bubble-wrapped DS Lite. We've played version after version of Mega Man Zero, and ZX is truly the first game that we feel has a level for everyone, as the hard mode is amazingly difficult, while selecting "easy" is just that.
They misspelled "alley," AND failed to let me know if the game has a "normal" difficulty mode.

Anyway, I'm picking this one up on the day of release.

Now that I actually read it, IGN's review is retarded. They say that the game looks like a GBA 1.5 game.... but then say that it looks beautiful. They also say that the lack of English voice actors is a bad thing... I really wish IGN would shut the hell up. The last thing we need is more bad voice acting.

After the high reviews, I am getting this as a birthday present to myself from money people have given as gifts.

Can't wait.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Dont forget about bestbuy's buy 2 get 1 free, so you might as well get this and two other games.[/QUOTE]
That's a good plan, except Best Buy doesn't seem to carry this game. :(

[quote name='daroga']That's a good plan, except Best Buy doesn't seem to carry this game. :([/QUOTE]

There's a lot of times when BB won't list a game on their site for a while but have it in store. They should have it.

Ok, can you get the b2g1 deal in store?

I have some birthday cash I'd love to put toward this, and I'd be able to pick it up along with...mmm...do they carry Princess Peach?

[quote name='Chacrana']There's a lot of times when BB won't list a game on their site for a while but have it in store. They should have it.[/QUOTE]
But the B2G1 is Online only. Lame.

Online only for MyNintendo members. Hopefully MMXZ will show up when it's released. There are plenty of times they don't have games up for preorder.

The bigger question is if it will expire on the 15th according to Nintendo or the 30th according to Best Buy. If it's the 30th, I'll bite once a couple other things are released on the 19th and 25th.

Anyone picked this up yet? I'm hoping EB/GS will get it in today, since it's a $30 title they DON'T charge $35, or the old faithful WalMart.

Just got it this afternoon. Spent about 45 minutes with it. It's fantastic already. Looking forward to getting into the heart of the game! :)

picked it up at GS today, who only received 3 copies. I saw a small (~8) stack of them at Fry's also. might end up being a rare title, ppl!!

[quote name='Riyonuk']Go out of print? I think it will, just like I cant seem to find Megaman Zero >_

So where's the discussion on the game? I just got it today, it's getting decent reviews, let's start discussing!

The game is selling fast around here, I got the last copy EB had and it just came out yesterday.

[quote name='espy605']How accurate are the comparisons to Metroid or post-SOTN Castlevania games?[/QUOTE]

Haven't yet played it but Gamespy's review sums it up nicely, except for the whole "the world dosen't feel connected like CV". I never thought CV was that nicely connected, one second you are in a church, the next section you are in an arena... not alot of cohesiveness, but whatever.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=725951

I've put about two hours in so far, and I would argue this is the most fun I've had with a Mega Man game since the SNES X series.

I really like the game. The different forms are much more than the typical "MegaMan Different Weapon Upgrade", as they will change how you move and what the bottom screen is used for. (My favorite so far is Lx, which lets you see a map on the bottom screen that shows where items are.) One thing I will say, is the map system *sucks*. They'll give you a mission "Go and kill bad guy in Area F." (It's actually called area F.) But, *they dont tell you where the fuck Area F is*.

And it's not like Area F is connected to Area E. No, no no. It's off of Area B-3.

Other than that, it's an awesome game.

Yeah, that map is kinda wonky. I'd suggest just going to GameFAQs to figure out where the heck you have to go (they have a nice map there), but other than that, it's a great game. :D

[quote name='Logain8955']I really like the game. The different forms are much more than the typical "MegaMan Different Weapon Upgrade", as they will change how you move and what the bottom screen is used for. (My favorite so far is Lx, which lets you see a map on the bottom screen that shows where items are.) One thing I will say, is the map system *sucks*. They'll give you a mission "Go and kill bad guy in Area F." (It's actually called area F.) But, [bold]*they dont tell you where the fuck Area F is*[/bold].

And it's not like Area F is connected to Area E. No, no no. It's off of Area B-3.

Other than that, it's an awesome game.[/quote]

Amen! That's my only complaint as well.

I've been playing it as well, and I have to say it is the best Mega Man game I've played since X. Like others, my complaint is that horrendous map system. Who designed it? All the letters are out of order, and while there's a map screen it doesn't help because it doesn't tell you where any of the doors or anything are. You'll get a green keycard, and nothing tells you where the green doors are. I think I've spent half my time playing the game just running around trying to find the entrance to the area I'm supposed to be in.

bread's done
Back