Looking for System Shock 2 for the PC

MysterD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
176 (100%)
Subject title says it all on this hard to find game at retailers.
Anyone know of any retailers selling this old classic?

[quote name='b0bx13']Maybe check http://www.the-underdogs.org?
They have plenty of older/ hard to find stuff there, there's a good chance they'd have SS2.[/QUOTE]

They do have it, here:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3924
That should work well if you're just interested in playing it. If you want to actually own it, I'd recommend Ebay, or checking out any local places that sell used PC games (EB, Half Price Books, etc.) for a copy of it. Good luck.

If you don't mind having disc only .. I have the game discs with maybe one or two hairline scratches ... doesnt have any I think but said that just to be sure. Anyways, you can have the discs if you want. Just let me know.

Beware, this is hit-or-miss with modern PCs and Windows XP. I have the EA Classics edition (you know, those gold-edged boxes with no manuals and PDF files only) disc and it worked no problems, but there are a couple of easy-to-find FAQs if you have trouble installing or playing it.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Beware, this is hit-or-miss with modern PCs and Windows XP. I have the EA Classics edition (you know, those gold-edged boxes with no manuals and PDF files only) disc and it worked no problems, but there are a couple of easy-to-find FAQs if you have trouble installing or playing it.[/QUOTE]

I'd expect that --- it was made for Win 98 and ME only, right?

Yea, I got the game complete new in its old big ass box and everything from EB Games for like 7.99, so I was happy as hell but the damn thing won't even run on my comp, which I just assumed was because of XP. So check if it is even gonna run.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Check EB, as they don't actually sell them. I asked if they had any at one store and they handed me the fucking disc for FREE.[/QUOTE]

you bastard, thats still pisses me off =op

[quote name='MysterD']I'd expect that --- it was made for Win 98 and ME only, right?[/QUOTE]

It runs just fine in WinXP for me. I'm currently going through it (in tandem with some other titles.) It was buggy when I tried using a no-CD fixed executable, but runs just fine with a clean install. A good friend of mine went through the game 2 or 3 times (don't remember which) and that's enough of a recommendation for me. Unfortunately, its atmosphere is kind of spooky and I'm a big chicken....that's not a good combination.
8-[

bread's done
Back