Anyone else have this problem with backwards compatiblity?

mtxbass1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I recently have acquired Tecmo Classics Arcade because it's supposedly backwards compatible. Upon firing up the disc, I get:

The original Xbox game has encountered a problem and can't continue. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support

X: 3921.0 B: 1884.0

Now, the game is on the bc list, and has been for a few months. Anyone else getting this when they try this title? All other BC games work fine.

I was getting this same message on Mortal Kombat Deception. After the update last week, it is now working. That was the only game I ever got that message on.

Can anyone else try this game specifically? Like I said, I'm not having a problem with any other game but this one.

[quote name='xmrblondex']I'm getting that too
-xmrblondex[/quote]

Well damn. Now what? I wonder if an email to Tecmo would do anything...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Tecmo Arcade Classics?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I popped it in, it prompted me to update which I did and then it went straight into the game.

No issue at all.

My copy runs fine but I have to change the video settings on the 360 to 480p before I play it or I get the same error. You may need to do that too if you're playing on an HDTV.

[quote name='jiroyamada']My copy runs fine but I have to change the video settings on the 360 to 480p before I play it or I get the same error. You may need to do that too if you're playing on an HDTV.[/quote]

Very interesting. I'll try this later. Thanks

yeah i tried it w/ Pirates and it requires an update, so i'd assume it needs to connect to xbox live to update. at the time i had it connected to another tv , but not xbox live. so i couldnt get the update.

Some BC games don't work through VGA, if I remember correctly as well.

If I remember right MTX, you're on VGA aren't you? Try running it through component and see if it works.

[quote name='Roufuss']Some BC games don't work through VGA, if I remember correctly as well.

If I remember right MTX, you're on VGA aren't you? Try running it through component and see if it works.[/quote]

I'm on VGA, yes. 720p WIDE. I'm gonna lower the resolution down to 480p and see what happens in a few hours.

Edit: Lowered the resolution down to 848x480. Sure enough the thing works perfectly. Rygar never looked so terrible. :p At least I can play a port of solomons key on my wall now.

Thanks everyone!

I am getting the same error code with GTA: San Andreas. I set the display to 480p with normal screen mode.

This has been a bc game forever right? I am constantly hooked up to xbox live and actually had an update the other day. I don't know for sure what is causing this.

There are a few scratches on the game but they do not look deep enough to have damaged the data layer. Very slight scratches.

Any ideas? I think I have covered most of the problem areas and still no luck. I'm going to try and locate another copy of the game and see if I have better luck with it. That is all I can think to do. I'm open to any suggestions for fixing this. Please and thank you.

[quote name='XBangittyX']I am getting the same error code with GTA: San Andreas. I set the display to 480p with normal screen mode.

This has been a bc game forever right? I am constantly hooked up to xbox live and actually had an update the other day. I don't know for sure what is causing this.

There are a few scratches on the game but they do not look deep enough to have damaged the data layer. Very slight scratches.

Any ideas? I think I have covered most of the problem areas and still no luck. I'm going to try and locate another copy of the game and see if I have better luck with it. That is all I can think to do. I'm open to any suggestions for fixing this. Please and thank you.[/quote]

I'll pop san andreas in tonight and let you know if I have this issue.

bread's done
Back