Mooky is BACKK!!1!1 I'm gonna finished the ones I started and make new PS1 ones

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I'm also going to throw the finished ones online for ALL to download. Thanks for gaining intrest in these again!

Latest Development!! IDEAS?

Concept Playstation one Dvd Cover
010.gif

Silent Bomber

DREAMCAST GAMES
09.gif

Chu Chu Rocket (Unfinished)

08.gif

Jet Grind Radio (Mostly Finished, just got to change the Side Name, it says "Jet set Radio"...oops....)

07.gif

PowerStone 2 (Finished)

06.gif

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Not Finished)

04.gif

Sonic Adventure (Not-Finished)

03.gif

Soulcalibur (Finished)

02.gif

SoulCalibur (Alternate Cover) (Finished)

05.gif

Street Figher 3 : Third Strike (Finished)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Games I'm looking for: ( Japanese or US...pref Japanese)
Dont know yet...just finishing my already full plate.

If you new to this, and wanna get in and do something creative and helpful to the community, read the rules below.

Scan one (or a few!) of the games below. The image must be a .bmp or .tiff.....and the resolution must be at least 600 resolution. The scan should be of the front of the instruction book, the back image of the case (under the cd tray) and any other cool images in the instruction book that you see...if its all b&w inside dont worry about it. Please dont scan the cover in the case...it looks crappy.

=============================================

How you can send them!

- You can FTP them to me at [ftp.freewebs.com] (L:Mookyjooky, P:cheapass)

- You can send them to my house on a burned cd (PM me for address)

- You can IM me at "kenada23" on AIM and send it...I have it receiving everything right now.

=============================================

If you scan something I'm giving out a few things.

- A. Money...in the form of a my good friend Lincoln. Via paypal. I'm poor though...so dont expect to scan 80 covers and for me to spit out cash....I can pay for like 4 at a time. Sorry!

- B. A free printed DVD case. I have 200 White dvd cases ready for some professional DVD sized glossy inserts printed from my $1,500 inkjet printer to be put in them. You'll have a professional looking case that you helped create! With a White DVD case to show Dreamcast old school ambience (Not that black dreamcast case crap, old school...old school!)

- C. My thanx and gratitude for helping me start up this interesting and fun project. You've helped me in this project and it makes me cry a little everytime someone here does something in the kindness of their heart...it's easy to be an ass on the internet...but nice people are a diamond in the rough. I salute you, you cheap ass of cheap asses!

Whats Finished!!!
- (DC) Soul Calibur
- (DC) Street Fighter III : Third Strike
- (DC) Jet Grind Radio
- (DC) Soul Calibur ver.2.0
- (DC) Power Stone 2

Works in Progress!
- Street Fighter III : Double Impact
- Chu Chu Rocket

I'm not pirating dickhead....I wanted to put my Dreamcast games in DVD cases so they look good and fit on my DVD shelf.

I showed everyone my first attempt to make a Dreamcast DVD case but I used online pics and it was too blurry. So I wanted someone to scan the covers I dont have so I dont have to buy the game again on ebay. See how the Soul Calibur Logo is blurry? I wanted to fix that!

[quote name='FunkMachineX']http://www.cdcovers.cc/[/quote]

I would go there if I wanted dick quality scans...I want 600 resolution.

I'd be more than willing to scan all of that for ya! Now my question is are you sure you want jpg files? The jpg standard is a lossy standard, can you work with tif? Also 600dpi images will be HUGE, so I will zip them and post them on a website for you to download if that's cool.

PM me to discuss further.

[quote name='daikaiju']I have to say, that DVD case looks great![/quote]

Thanx man! It took me a long time to get it there...but once the first ones done I'll have a sweet template. Its like a 40 meg Photoshop file right now...lol.

I have a huge collection of Dreamcast.

I have the first three titles cover you need.
And probably more if you need them.

600 dpi files are going to be very large and hard to send via email even zipped and I'm not sure of a site I can post these for download.

pm me and we can talk.

Damn, I sold my copy of Soul Calibur just last week.
Regarding sendinglarge files: Download Winrar, compress it to files of 2-4 MB, depending on how much your email can handle, and send one file at a time. Winrar has better compression, imho, [although with jpg's you won't get a lot of compression] and can split the compressed file into multiple parts of whatever size.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']What do you do for the spine of the DVD case then?[/quote]

What do you mean..? It's right there..

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']What do you do for the spine of the DVD case then?[/quote]

What do you mean..? It's right there..[/quote]

So it is. I'm truly a foolish man...

Thanks for all the responces...

Oh yea...if anyone wants to scan some covers for free I'll make the cover, print it in my $1,500 inkjet printer on a semi glossy DVD cover and put it in a "White" dvd case for you for FREE. Thats for scratching my back! THANX!

Image must be a .bmp or .tiff.....and the resolution must be at least 600 resolution. The scan should be of the front of the instruction book, the back image of the case (under the cd tray) and any other cool images in the instruction book that you see...if its all b&w inside dont worry about it.

And I'm working on a Sega Saturn Template now and the PS1 is next....so let me know if you want some dvd cases with covers in them.

You could also buy them from me for like 3 bucks to cover the cost of the Case, paper, ink and postage.

Games I'm looking for: ( Japanese or US...pref Japanese)

Dreamcast
------------------------------
Heavy Metal Geomatrix
House of the Dead 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Ikaruga
Boarder Down
Last Blade 2
Jet Grind Radio
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Star Gladiator 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III Double or Triple

PS1
-------------------------------
Silent Bomber
Vib Ribbon
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Cowboy Bebop
Bushido Blade
Castlevania Symphony of the NIght (non-GH version)
Any Final Fantasy or Dance Dance Revolution
Einhander (Japanese version)
Parappa the Rappa
Tenchu

Saturn
Marvel Super Heroes
Street Fighter vs Xmen
Nights

just a suggestion from someone who put far to many hours into photoshop, i think a simple beveled curved line, (real thin) inbetween the picture and the white on the front would give a professional feel, clear up those jaggies, and make the dreamcast triangle stand out more. Otherwise thats very impressive!

man , i have a lot of those games for DC and PSX and 2 of Saturn but I am not to good withthe scanner and image files. I will try if I can, but wanted to say that that sleeve looks good.

Yeah I have 5 or 6 off the list, but like some others said, I'm not skilled with a scanner at all. I'll try to make scans on campus though as they have some pretty high tech gear there and it may help.

I have the following games from your list:

Dreamcast
Jet Grind Radio
Sonic Adventure 1

PS1
Bushido Blade
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (GH)
Parappa the Rapper

Saturn
Nights

My scanner's pretty old, so I'm not sure it will scan at 600 dpi, but I can give it a shot. I'll let you know what it can do.

I should be getting a scanner soon, so I'll see what I can gett in, as I have many games. I could probably scan a real bunch, then burn them to a disc on mail them. It would be a lot easier than trying to find hosting.

I'm curious as to what you still need. I have
DC:
Sonic Adventure 2

PSX:
Silent Bomber
Tenchu
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, Tactics, Origins, Chronicles, Anthology

Saturn:
Nights

I also have many more games if you need more scanned, around 200, so just ask and I'll see if I have it.

I have the Japanese Xmen vs. Street Fighter Box (although it's a bit blemished). I also have tons of Saturn Games including Dragon Force and Guardian Heroes. If I can get access to a good enough scanner consider the files yours.

I have just about every game on your list, but the highest rez my old ass scanner can do is 400 DPI apparently.

Lemme know if that could work.

I'd be interested in buying a few of these off of you as they look great and I have lots of DC games that are disc only. Maybe you could keep a running tab on the Original Post as to what you have so far in case people want to buy one you already have and they don't have the original manual/cover.

The cover rocks!

Ok....for anyone who wants to send I have FTP access now.

ftp.freewebs.com
L: mookyjooky
P: cheapass
(Both are all lower-case)

Rules of submission:
Must be a .bmp.
Must be 600 resolution
Must be Decent scan to begin with...dont scan a manual with 600 scratches and tears on it.
Must be paper to scanner glass...meaning do scan them in the case.

Thank you very much for all the responces....

I am still offering to pay for your time...but being that Im just a cheap ass 24 year old IT person...I would rather the other...which is actually really cool...here goes.

THE OTHER!
I finish the image....and print it out on my 1500 dolla inkjet printer amd print it on semi-gloss thin DVD case paper. Then I put the print into a WHITE DVD case to give it that old school Dreamcast feel. Its gonna look awesome...I show you the first one done in a couple days.

(As soon as I get a Soulcalibur scan! lol)

Thank you again!
Wes

[quote name='Wlogan31']I'd be interested in buying a few of these off of you as they look great and I have lots of DC games that are disc only. Maybe you could keep a running tab on the Original Post as to what you have so far in case people want to buy one you already have and they don't have the original manual/cover.

The cover rocks![/quote]

Thanx man! And after I make a few Im gonna make a site with the templates I use....right now Im doing Dreamcast mostly...but I'll be doing Saturn and PSX very soon. Possibly Neo Geo CD and Mame...we'll see.

[quote name='LinkinA']just a suggestion from someone who put far to many hours into photoshop, i think a simple beveled curved line, (real thin) inbetween the picture and the white on the front would give a professional feel, clear up those jaggies, and make the dreamcast triangle stand out more. Otherwise thats very impressive![/quote]

I took you advice and did just that....its looking bomb now! THANX!

I got a new one on the way as I'm waiting on a Soulcalibur Logo scan.

OYA! Anyone got the Soulcalibur one ARTBOOK? If you do please PM me!

SF3thirdstrikeDCt.jpg

Keep in mind this is a (w-i-p) WORK IN PROGRESS and by no means the official release. Give me suggestions!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I got a new one on the way as I'm waiting on a Soulcalibur Logo scan.

OYA! Anyone got the Soulcalibur one ARTBOOK? If you do please PM me!

SF3thirdstrikeDCt.jpg

Keep in mind this is a (w-i-p) WORK IN PROGRESS and by no means the official release. Give me suggestions![/quote]

Put a couple of screenshots on the back, complete with enthusiastic captions :D . That's all I can think of- you've done some nice work there.

these covers are sweet. I hope ps3 and box 2 and cube 2 have cool covers that are artisc like these and I hope that the next next gen console cases are the thin dvd cases ones that woud be sweet.

I was wondering if you wanted bmp files or tif files? I have a scan of Last Blade 2 but it's a .tif file.

Also I can't seem to access your site, but that's propably due to my poor computer.

Hey Mookyjooky, you should turn the SF III logo horizontal so you can see Ken's face. Other than that, it's great. I want a finished copy!

Hey Mooky - how about compiling a list of titles you -still need- scans of and keeping it updated for us? I can help out on a few, but I also saw a few posts that said others could on the same titles as well. No sense in double scanning these things. I've got a rockin' old school Scanjet 4C that'll run circles around current scanners even to this day. Pathetic undersized 8x11 beds can't touch 11x17 powah! Or something like that...

And that 3rd Strike cover is gorgeous. VERY impressive. Nice work!

[edit]

I can offer these up from my collection:

Dreamcast
Jet Grind Radio
Street Fighter III: TS (do you even still need this?)

PS1
Castlevania Symphony of the NIght (non-GH version)

Saturn
Marvel Super Heroes - Japanese

Check my site (in my sig) for many other capcom games, mostly for the saturn and mostly import.

I'd love to get in on this - Out of the choices you posted, I'd just like DVD cases for my DC games... I've got these covers I can scan once I get the scanner home from work:

Soul Caliber
House of the Dead 2
Sonic Adventure
Shadowman
Jet Grind Radio
Hydro Thunder

I have others but I can't think of them off the top of my head... I'll edit later...

[quote name='javeryh']I'd love to get in on this - Out of the choices you posted, I'd just like DVD cases for my DC games... I've got these covers I can scan once I get the scanner home from work:

Soul Caliber
House of the Dead 2
Sonic Adventure
Shadowman
Jet Grind Radio
Hydro Thunder

I have others but I can't think of them off the top of my head... I'll edit later...[/quote]

I have someone scanning the Jet Grind, HoTD2, & SoulCalibur....I do need a Sonic Adventure though. I will be selling the others for 3.50 each...(I'll have a photo up soon...

The 3.50 covers the White DVD case, Glossy Paper, Ink and the people who I need to pay for scanning.

bread's done
Back