- - - - -

the OFFICIAL Okami thread

#391 tehweezner   Mother Leopard CAGiversary!   1243 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

I agree 100%... although I think this of just about every game. 10-12 hours is the sweet spot, I think.

the game was definitely too long. i think it would have been perfect at 12-15 hours.

#392 Blackout   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

Am I the only one that is having trouble with the wind brush technique, or do I just suck ass? I'm at the part where you go fight Crimson Helm, and I can't get the flap like things to raise in the air so I can jump across them to advance in the stage. I only got it like twice, but I was on the bottom level. Why the hell can't I do it? I am drawing it exactly the way it supposed to but the flaps never go all the way up. Any help?

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

I agree with everyone about the length. It's one of my favorite PS2 games, if not my absolute favorite, yet I still haven't finished it because it's so damn long.

long games suck. I think 10-20 hours is good enough-- but if it's near 20, every last minute needs to kick some ass.

anyway, funny how everyone was saying they were waiting because the game was going to hit the bargain bin within a few weeks. it's still full price everywhere, so maybe it did better than we thought? :)

Am I the only one that is having trouble with the wind brush technique, or do I just suck ass? I'm at the part where you go fight Crimson Helm, and I can't get the flap like things to raise in the air so I can jump across them to advance in the stage. I only got it like twice, but I was on the bottom level. Why the hell can't I do it? I am drawing it exactly the way it supposed to but the flaps never go all the way up. Any help?

Are you drawing it towards the wind flaps? if you're lefty, you might be doing it backwards?

#394 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

10-20 hours!? While I guess that's ok for action games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear, I need my games to last longer than that. It's one of the reasons I buy so many games. Even 40 hour RPGs I can finish in less than a week...

I'll agree that towards the very end Okami got a bit drawn out (haha!), but at the same time I enjoyed every second of it. If I'm enjoying the game it can last 1000 hours for all I care. The more the better for me.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#395 Blackout   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I agree with everyone about the length. It's one of my favorite PS2 games, if not my absolute favorite, yet I still haven't finished it because it's so damn long.

long games suck. I think 10-20 hours is good enough-- but if it's near 20, every last minute needs to kick some ass.

anyway, funny how everyone was saying they were waiting because the game was going to hit the bargain bin within a few weeks. it's still full price everywhere, so maybe it did better than we thought? :)

Are you drawing it towards the wind flaps? if you're lefty, you might be doing it backwards?

I start drawing it on the right side (each section has two flaps). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to go back at it tonight, I might be drawing it backwards, I don't know.

I already have 14 hours, I'm "behind" right? I was kind of exploring and stuff.