Wii $250 - Nov 19th - The Nintendo 2-Day Press Event Thread!

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I thought I would start a thread about the Nintendo Press Release events that will take place over the next two days. No one has any idea what Nintendo will talk about but rumors abound that the release date and price will finally be revealed for each region during their respective events. Here are the times the events will occur -

# Japan tonight at 8pm EDT
# NYC at 9:00am EDT on Thursday
# Europe at 7:00am EDT on Friday

EDIT

[quote name='Code Name Revolution']This post is for the Tokyo, New York and London Wii events being held from September 13th-15th (EST). It all starts at 8:00pm Eastern Time here in North America. Sit back, relax and refresh for all the news that will end on Friday![/QUOTE]

I don't suppose any sites will be doing a live feed of these events?

As of this post, only a little over six hours. I can't wait!

[quote name='Ecofreak']I don't suppose any sites will be doing a live feed of these events?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']though it wasw tommorow and firday, but glad to hear it's tonight. I'll be tunign in at 8pm.[/quote]

Tonight is the Japanese party. So probably the only thing you'll be hearing tonight will be their launch details.

[quote name='dastly75']Maybe we should start the AIM chat room up like we did for E3.[/QUOTE]

I'm all up for it - had a blast w/ the E3 conference for Nintendo's and Sony's.

Now if we could only find a live feed...and with real time translation. :)

If we actually do get some sort of feed I'd expect it to be for the US's and Europe's from English sites. If someone knows of any Japanese sites that are hosting then by all means post!

[quote name='maddfrog']Tonight is the Japanese party. So probably the only thing you'll be hearing tonight will be their launch details.[/QUOTE]

The US launch is likely to be very close to the Japan launch date...

Unless we can find a feed or live coverage, a chat room isn't gonna be very useful:

"Hey guys, what do you think those crazy Japanese guys are saying right now?"
"I think they might be saying it's release date is October 8!"
"OMG!"

But if one of the sites is gonna blog it, I'm all for it.

Topic Marked. I'm curious to hear what, if anything, they divulge. But I have to admit I will find it hilarious if they offer up nothing at all but an announcement as lukewarm as the Battallion Wars II announcement was.

I'm thinking it will be launch details. The holiday retail season is ramping up, and now is as good at time as any to really start pushing the hype-wagon.

[quote name='Chacrana']I can't wait. And I can't wait for TGS later. This is easily the most exciting console launch Nintendo's ever had.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, in part, to it keeping so many different things about the Wii a secret.

All i want now is a date & price. Hell, all Reggie has to do is step up on stage, grab a mike and say: "October XX, $199.99" and that would be it.

Yeah, either we get all news today, and NYC will host playable demos, or Launch details today, sofware and portable details in NYC, and something (maybe just DS stuff mainly) in euro... then again, they are pobably all about the Wii, but will cover different subjects in each area for world dominiation.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']All i want now is a date & price. Hell, all Reggie has to do is step up on stage, grab a mike and say: "October XX, $199.99" and that would be it.[/QUOTE]

Problem dealt with in classic Regginator fashion - it's got my seal of approval.

krusty_seal_of_approval.jpg

[quote name='TurboChickenMan']So you're 100% sure that those are the exact times?[/QUOTE]

According to such sources as Joystiq and GoNintendo, yes.

[quote name='Spades22']6 More hours eh? Im mainly posting this just to see what time these forums are in my time =P[/quote]

Actually it was around 4 hours then :p It's 4:15 eastern now.

Eh fuck. I'm going to be an asshole and believe the super fake crumpled effect "draft" and say Wii, Wii-Sports, retro controller, and points for $199.99.

As for the date... well, October 2nd.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

Hell, all Reggie has to do is step up on stage, grab a mike and say: "October XX, $199.99" and that would be it.[/QUOTE]

And then drop the mic, hold his arms out, and look to the sky.

Prediction:

October 29, $229, bundled with two Wiimotes and Wii Sports. Available in white and black. No online incentive things.

Classic Controller will not be included. I'd be floored if it did.

So 8 Eastern = 7 Central, aye?

If there's enough of us on, feel free to message me at Zeiganfreid. I might be around. Depends.

[quote name='BIG5']And then drop the mic, hold his arms out, and look to the sky.[/QUOTE]

Shit. He's going to take off after that, flying around the skyline and punching birds in the face.

[quote name='furyk']Eh fuck. I'm going to be an asshole and believe the super fake crumpled effect "draft" and say Wii, Wii-Sports, retro controller, and points for $199.99.

As for the date... well, October 2nd.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting $249 with Wii Sports. Release the last week of October.

When is PS3 pegged for? We know it will be before that. As far as whats included I will say one controlelr and a retor or two wiimotes and sports.

I tell you one thing, I'm glad I'm not part of the group that decides when to launch and for how much.

The pressure to not fuck up this launch up would be too much for me. I would be like Tweek from South Park from all the hype that's surrounding this.

I'm going 230 with Wii sports...then just the basics...like 1 wiimote and whatever else the gamecube came with.! Oh and I knew it wasnt 6 hours when I posted, I wasnt sure how the forum times compared to my times xD

[quote name='maddfrog']I tell you one thing, I'm glad I'm not part of the group that decides when to launch and for how much.

The pressure to not fuck up this launch up would be too much for me. I would be like Tweek from South Park from all the hype that's surrounding this.[/quote]Sssh. Calm down Tweek and have some coffee.

[quote name='maddfrog']I tell you one thing, I'm glad I'm not part of the group that decides when to launch and for how much.

The pressure to not fuck up this launch up would be too much for me. I would be like Tweek from South Park from all the hype that's surrounding this.[/QUOTE]

Really, all the pressure is on Sony. They have the most to prove at this point.

I'm going to guess $230 with 1 wiimote and nunchuck. Maybe add in a demo or something like with the DS. Oh, and if someone sets up an AIM chat, invite me. My screen name is jvalioli.

Updated OP with following rumor from GoNintendo.com. Looks like we can expect info to come out around 1 AM EST, not 8 PM EST.

[quote name='GoNintendo.com']Nintendo has no less than three worldwide events planned within the next 48 hours, with the first kicking off in Tokyo at around 10pm Pacific time/1am Eastern. There’s another event tomorrow morning in NYC, and yet another in the UK on Friday. Yes, it’s a virtual Nintendo worldwide information flood.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ecofreak']Updated OP with following rumor from GoNintendo.com. Looks like we can expect info to come out around 1 AM EST, not 8 PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Oh.

Then I will definitely be up around that time.

Someone make a chat room and we will wii it up.

[quote name='SpazX']Damn I hope not, I can't stay up that late tonight...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Oh dude - break bedtime just this once. This is history - either for better or worse. ;)

[quote name='Ecofreak']Updated OP with following rumor from GoNintendo.com. Looks like we can expect info to come out around 1 AM EST, not 8 PM EST.[/quote]NO!!! fuck!!! I can't sleep. It's like the 24 of December

bread's done
Back