Anyone else really excited about this?
5 games for $29.99
-Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
-Buster Bros.
-Super Buster Bros.
-Buster Buddies
-Block Block
I'm only buying it for SPF2T.
I think it's going to be a really low profile release, because I can't even find it on EB's website to order/preorder it. I can't even find a solid release date.

Not only that, but this version of Puzzle Fighter is based on the superior Dreamcast version, which included two extra modes in addition to your standard Puzzle Fighter.

[quote name='Roufuss']Not only that, but this version of Puzzle Fighter is based on the superior Dreamcast version, which included two extra modes in addition to your standard Puzzle Fighter.[/quote]
There was a DC version? I might have to track that down!

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']There was a DC version? I might have to track that down![/QUOTE]

Yea, it was an import, it had the regular Super Puzzle Fighter II X and then two modes with variations on the gameplay, called Y and Z. It was damn fun, and this is the one that Capcom Puzzle World is based off of.

It also doesn't hurt that Buster Brothers and Super Buster Brothers are included as well. I grabbed the Buster Brothers Collection for the PS1 ages ago for a couple of bucks and it brought back tons of memories. If they kept the difficulty at the same level then the PSP compilation is going to be a blast. Some of those final levels are mind-bendingly brutal.

Overall, this is a great Capcom release that should be receiving a little bit more notice than it has been getting, sadly.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, it was an import, it had the regular Super Puzzle Fighter II X and then two modes with variations on the gameplay, called Y and Z. It was damn fun, and this is the one that Capcom Puzzle World is based off of.[/QUOTE]

It also had online play :)

This compilation looks pretty cool. Is the Block Block game the same version that is found on Capcom Classics Collection Remixed? Also, what does Buster Bros. play like? Is it similar to any other puzzle game?

I'll probably be buying this right away since Puzzle Fighter is awesome. Capcom's PSP offerings continue to be fantastic...

So, is anyone picking up the game? I'm not getting the game on release, but I'm definitely picking it up. I somewhat forgot about the game since I expected it to come out last year. I've been wanting to own a version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for the longest time (GBA version is normally $30, and I cannot find the PS1 version). Also, I never played a Buster Bros. game before (always wanted to), and this will give me the opportunity.

I have it preordered in-store. I'll be picking it up in a couple hours along with Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI.

That makes 4 games I've bought in a week's time...

$19.99 in two months like every other Capcom PSP release, so $15 after GGC.

I'm patient enough to wait to pay half price.

They should have just released this at $19.99 and saved everyone the two months worth of waiting.

Most likely going to pass on this release.

I found a copy of Puzzle Fighter for PS1 last year and already have the game for GBA.

I probably would have bought it if it weren't for the PS1 version I got.

Makes me glad I didn't pick up the GBA Puzzle Fighter.

I don't know though...I'm not that huge a fan of that game, and I don't know if I'd like Buster Bros. much. I'll rent this though when I start up my Gamefly subscription again.

I got it, and it's still fun as hell. I completely suck at Buster Bros. though, so it's pretty much just SPF for me. I'm not complaining though since that's what I bought it for in the first place.

bread's done
Back