Do you know if this computer geek store is real?

coolcolt

CAGiversary!
I had want to computer geeks.com and I saw a apple computer for $69. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever bought anything from that site.

If you mean computer geeks at
http://www.geeks.com/

Hell ya their reputable. I have been buying from them for 5+ years. I haven't bought anything recently. I have bought many different things from them. I am a computer geek first and formost so I buy a lot of parts to fix up computers from them for me and my friends computers. My motherboard broke and I was really lucky to find a new one for 50 when everywheres else had it at 85. I have bought used scsi hardrives and other various pieces of crap. By crap I mean stupid not that the product didn't work. The only bad thing I bought from them was a 17$ Wireless PC controller. It was horrible and was completely inacurate. I returned it and was sent a new one promptly. Same problem in all five computers in my house. I sent them I tirade of a letter as it was obvious to me none of them worked at all and it was a thrustmaster brand so I was suprised. I kinda expected that things they sell were in usable condition you know. But it seems they sold this controller and never tested even one to see if it worked. They never wrote me back offering a refund, which upset me a little. But I really didn't push the issue because my shipping costs were going to be higher than the crappy controller.

So all in all I really like geeks.com whenever I am looking for great deals and I often pick up crap from them because I MIGHT need it in the future. Not that they try and hide it at all but make sure you read the description to see if it is refurbished. I buy a lot of refirbished stuff from them and it is usually very high quality. I think you will be pleasantly suprised with them. Just try and not buy a ton of useless crap that you aren't going to use. That store is full of a lot of stupid crap and it is priced to MOVE! Ohh I just saw a remote controlled glider it sure looks good......hmm

I just looked at geeks.com and from what I can see all the macs are refirbs. Usually they have a notation on the refirbs that say what condition they are in. IE perfect condition, some scratches ecet. But I don't see any notices so I am guessing they are refirbed to like new. Good luck, I am a PC gamer but I think in general you can't really go wrong with geeks.com

bread's done
Back