Getting a Wii? Are you keeping your Gamecube?

daroga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Just thought I'd pose the question and start a Poll. If you're getting a Wii (at launch or down the road) do you plan to trade in / sell the Gamecube?

I for one am not. If they announce a GBx adapter of some sort for the Wii, then I might be inclined to think about it, but until then the Gameboy Player is too valuable to me.

And, to top it off, I own all of Nintendo's TV game consoles. Not sure I want to break that up just to get a couple of bucks.

how much does eb/gamestop even give for a gamecube? $20? Might pay off an extra nunchuk.. lol

I would if GS would offer a Deal like "Trade in your GC toward a Wii and get $70" or something. than again, I've got one of those cubes with a 480P jack, so I don't know.

Im keeping my Cube only for the reason that it has a GBA Player attached to it and I won several flashcarts. My second Cube is up for grabs.

As I'm not a collector, just a gamer, I sold off my GC and most of my GC library soon after I learned that Nintendo's next console would play GC titles. I wanted to do it far enough in advance of the launch (I did it in January, I think) so that I'd get decent money for my GC and games.

I pocketed enough from the whole affair to get in on the Wii at the very beginning and afford myself one or maybe two games.

The only thing I regret about selling the GC so early is that I really miss Mario Kart. The controls in Double Dash were so right, and I used to spend a half-hour every so often just enjoying the game for the sake of the play control. I miss my MKDD sessions.

I'm keeping mine. It was a pain in the ass getting the indigo gameboy player and all the matching accessories. I was going to trade my white DS for a black one but now that the Wii is coming only in white I'll keep that too.

[quote name='dothog']As I'm not a collector, just a gamer, I sold off my GC and most of my GC library soon after I learned that Nintendo's next console would play GC titles. I wanted to do it far enough in advance of the launch (I did it in January, I think) so that I'd get decent money for my GC and games.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense. You found out you could play your old games in your new system, so you sold your old games? Huh?

Anyway, I'm keeping mine for sure. Not sure when I will get a Wii (certainly before SSBB comes out), but it's not really worth it to sell the Cube for as little as I would get for it now. Additionally, I'm a big Cube fan with a lot of games and accessories, including the Game Boy Player, and have had it from day one (actually a couple days before launch :D). I can just put it on another TV.

Umm Im gonna have my Wii at my apartment then ill prob leave my Gamecube at my parentd house for whenever i go back to visit.

im keeping mine for the gameboy player, so i can keep playing gb and gba games on my tv. so until they start having them on the VC or come out with a gbp for the wii, ill have my cube.

I'm not buying a Wii until Nintendo delivers on their talk. If I do buy a Wii I will keep my GameCube anyways.

[quote name='elprincipe']This doesn't make any sense. You found out you could play your old games in your new system, so you sold your old games?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dothog']I sold off my GC and most of my GC library...[/QUOTE]
Bolded and resized for reading comprehension.

Wow... you people are crazy. If I decide to get a Wii at launch, I'll sell my Cube ASAP. No point keeping it around if the Wii can play all of its games, it'll just gather more dust than it already has.

The only exceptions are if I had a GBA Player (I don't) and my system was modded (it's not) so off it goes. I hope GS / EB are going to do a deal like Reality Fringe said that would be sweet.

I already sold mine when EB/GS was running the extra $20 promotion ($50 total), to put towards my Wii fund. I toyed with the idea of keeping it, but, honestly, I only used my GB Player once, just to try it out. That reminds me, I need to try to sell the GB Player, too. There are some GC games that I'd love to be playing in the next 2 months, sure, but I probably wouldn't have had much time for them anyway.

Like some others, I'll keep it for the gameboy player. Should they ever make one for the Wii though or somehting like it, I'll consider dropping the cube.

Like some others, I'll keep it for the gameboy player and also for the slight fear that everything may not work perfectly in BC. Should they ever make one for the Wii though or somehting like it and if they end up really having 100% backward compatibility, then I'll consider dropping the cube.

Going to do like Reality's Fringe and wait to see if there's a decent trade-in deal before making a decision, if not for Wii, then maybe something else. It's actually nice having a back up system (never did give up my GBA SP brite, even though I have a Lite), plus it might be cool to have in my car if I ever invest in a video system for the kiddies.

I'll keep my Gamecube. I could always do something really wacky with it, perhaps get one of those cheap LCD screens and rig it up in the restroom.

I'm keeping my cube. I have the 480p A/V on it (not that I use it right now) and I also have the GB player hooked up to it.

I'm keeping mine. To me it's not worth it to trade it in for $20 or whatever the value is right now when I did buy it at launch.

I am definitely keeping my Cube. I have use video-distribution and with the Wavebirds can play on any TV in my house. The Gamecube stays on the good TV in the basement hooked up with component cables for 480P. The sensor bar kills this for the Wii. Oh yeah, the Gameboy Player, too...

[quote name='guessed']That reminds me, I need to try to sell the GB Player, too. [/QUOTE]

For a decent price to a fellow CAG, perhaps? :) If that sounds about right, PM me! :)

I'm still in the process of deciding, it was bought used so its in no mint condition...I may just buy a new one when thr price drops are in effect, and keep that one.

About people mentioning that there cube is modded...umm what for? Like what would be so cool? All I can think of is maybe a diffrent case and playing DVD's.

I also think mine has that 480P slot, it has 3 outlets in the back, so I guess its it. On the back is reads "Digital and Analoq A/V Out".

I might be hanging onto it in case somebody happens to want to use it at some point or if I'm home from college and really want to play Ikaruga or something.

Ironic that it's only the small systems that can be replaced by backwards compatible next-gen systems...

[quote name='dothog']Bolded and resized for reading comprehension.[/QUOTE]

Still doesn't make sense...it would have made more sense if you said "since I found out the Wii is backwards compatible, I'm keeping my favorite GameCube games."

I'm only keeping it until I know if the Freeloader works in the Wii or not for my import Cube games. If it does work, I'll sell it during a nice trade-in deal, otherwise, I'll wait until there's a solution to fix that problem.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm only keeping it until I know if the Freeloader works in the Wii or not for my import Cube games. If it does work, I'll sell it during a nice trade-in deal, otherwise, I'll wait until there's a solution to fix that problem.[/QUOTE]
I had hopes that the Wii would just be region free for Cube games when it was announced that the Wii was region free... and we all know how well that turned out. :(

If I can get a trade in deal for about $50 from GS I'll trade it in a heartbeat. I have no GBA player, so there is no reason for me to hold onto it. Hell, I probably won't be able to afford a wii right off the bat, but I'll trade my GC in so I can get that credit. I have a backlog of games to play, but I have no problem waiting for the wii.

I actually voted I'll keep it, but really, there's no reason to keep it once I have the Wii, if I can get something worthwhile (~$50) for it. I've kept all my other Nintendo consoles, but that's because my SNES can't play NES carts, etc. Since the Wii will play GC games, I hardly need two systems that do the same thing.

I'm definately keeping my cube. It has 480P output, GBA player and I've had it since launch. Too attached to it. Also I can put it in the kids room now when I get the Wii.

I voted sell but in reality I'm probably just going to give my Cube to my best friend. He owns no video game systems but he always wants to play when he comes over. His wife will kill me but whatever...

[quote name='javeryh']I voted sell but in reality I'm probably just going to give my Cube to my best friend. He owns no video game systems but he always wants to play when he comes over. His wife will kill me but whatever...[/QUOTE]

I've considered giving it away to my cousin who is 9. He already has an xbox, but I want him to understand the awesomeness of the cube. It really depends on what kind of trade in deal i can get.

Yes, I'm getting a Wii, before the year is out.

Yes, I am keeping the Gamecube.

No, I don't own a GBP, nor do I own component cables (or an HD TV for that matter).

No, I don't feel like explaining myself. :)

bread's done
Back