Calculate your Wii costs

BlaqRenaissance

CAGiversary!
wiicalc.jpg

N-Sider

:lol: Awesome. 7 games looks like a bit too much, taking me to $717.

Console, 5 games and extra controller for $590. I can dig it. I'd like to get one of those crappy racing games to get the steering wheel attachment, but I guess that will have to wait, unless GT Pro ends up being good or somethin, that might replace ExciteTruck.

Okay, no more lamenting the price. Since I can now see that for the price of a PS3, I can get a Wii, two controllers, 6 games (if you include Wii Sports) and even the component cables (at their horrid estimated cost of $60), I'm sold.

if you bought everything, it would cost $1809.64 w/ no tax. WHAT?!!? THAT IS SUCH A RIP-OFF! I COULD GET LIKE 3 PS3'S FOR THAT>

399.95. stystem, nunchaku controller, wiimote, old school controller. already got the games from the trade deal...oh yeah and 2000 points.

i'll have to get an sd card at some point, i've only got a 512 for my camera at this point.

Wii
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Total: $311.98

I already pre-ordered the Wii at GameStop, and put down $259.50, and I also pre-ordered Zelda and put down $5.

So come launch day, I'll pay just under $50 and walk out a happy man. :D

I also have a pre-order for Trauma Center, that I'll probably pick up on launch as well. I'm still on the fence about Red Steel, and I may or may not get some Wii Points, and an extra controller set (remote/nunchaku). Of course that will all make things a little more expensive. But hey, at least i'm not getting a PS3. XD

$423.95
System
Zelda
Wiimote + Nunchuck
Classic Controller
2000 Points

Only other cost I forsee is component cables for hopefull around

624.90! Cool I get 5 games, a couple vc games, extra controller, retro controller, and system with a game, for the same price as a PS3!

[quote name='pop311']if you bought everything, it would cost $1809.64 w/ no tax. WHAT?!!? THAT IS SUCH A RIP-OFF! I COULD GET LIKE 3 PS3'S FOR THAT>[/QUOTE]

Not if you buy it on eBay.

- Wii console, with Wii Sports.
- Red Steel.
- Zelda.
- Excite Truck.
- 2 extra Wii Remotes.
- 2 Nunchuks.
- 2 Classic Controllers
- 2000 VCPs.

+ PA Sales Tax

Equals $561.70.

Or I can sport 40 bucks and get a PS3.

Wii+Tax
Retro Controller
Red Steel
1500 VC Points

$355.07-$197 on my EB Card=$158.07

Boo-Yahhhhhh \m/__(^_^)__\m/

Way over budget, and I'm not getting the 1 or 2 additional Wii games I wanted.

$447.24
1 Bundle
1 Wiimote
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic Controller
1 LoZ: TP (Wii)
2000 VC Points (at $0.01/point)

Had to do the sales tax myself, my county is at 9% (ouch).

Nintendo Wii with WiiSports
Elebits
Excite Truck
Madden 07
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Zelda
Tony Hawk

$653.91

I should have JUST ENOUGH in the budget to be able to tack on a component cable to that. Also, I might buy another game instead of Madden 07 - it depends on whether or not I'm getting tired of the game itself on Xbox by then (I have a tendency to over-do it with my sports games when I first get them and then I'm tired of 'em for a while).

After that, I'll be kickin' it in Brokesville for quite a while.

$406.55

Wii
Extra Wii-mote
Extra Nunchuck
Retro Controller
Zelda
7% tax

EDIT: If I was buying which I'm leaning towards no due to the $50 fleece job by Nintendo.

Wii
Zelda
Trauma Room
no tax (on base)

~$350, and I didnt even need a calculator

Someone needs to start a "Calculate your PS3 costs" :lol:

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']we all need to go to states with no sales tax like Delaware..or Delaware[/QUOTE]

Dont forget NH.

$564.22

Console
1 Wiimote
1 Nunchuk
1 Classic Controller
1000 Wii points
Excite Truck
Red Steel
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Green = Paid off or have credit to pay off

That site doesn't quite work right for me. I added a Wiimote + Nunchuck and Twighlight Princess and the total was $325.47. It wasn't adding in the $49.99 for TP until I reset one of the remotes to none and the back.

Either way, my total is $377.96.

Edit: If I add the game first, it works.

Wii
Extra Wiimote with chuck
Retro Controller
Zelda
Trauma Center
500 VC Points
CA sales tax

$466.47 :bomb:

However, Zelda is free for me, and I pre-ordered and pre-paid for Trauma Center using EB store credit...

$359.24 :roll:

...and I'm buying the 'mote, 'chuck, and retro at Best Buy, using GGCs...

$344.24 :applause:

...and I have $100 to $110 in gift cards at TRU, which is where I hope to be able to get the Wii console...

$244.24 :lol:

Hey! It's under $250! Just like Nintendo promised!

367 for system twilight princess and trauma center... any estimate to how much itll cost to download an older game? point wise?

$372.72 (WA Tax Included)

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Had to do the sales tax myself, my county is at 9% (ouch).

Elebits
Excite Truck
Madden 07
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
Zelda
Tony Hawk

$653.91

I should have JUST ENOUGH in the budget to be able to tack on a component cable to that. Also, I might buy another game instead of Madden 07 - it depends on whether or not I'm getting tired of the game itself on Xbox by then (I have a tendency to over-do it with my sports games when I first get them and then I'm tired of 'em for a while).

After that, I'll be kickin' it in Brokesville for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I forgot about the componenet cable. That bumps it to just about $800 for me.

Wii Console

Total = $379.75

Are we going to get the classic controller if we buy a 5000 Wii card? If so, my total will be $434.00. :D

[quote name='yukine']Wii Console

Total = $379.75

Are we going to get the classic controller if we buy a 50000 Wii card? If so, my total will be $434.00. :D[/quote]50000 point card. You should get a free Wii with a purchase like that.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']367 for system twilight princess and trauma center... any estimate to how much itll cost to download an older game? point wise?[/QUOTE]
500 for NES, 800 for SNES, 1000 for N64. Other consoles: unknown, but will likely match up with their nintendo-generation counterparts. So, I suspect Sonic the Hedgehog to be 800.

EDIT: Just a thought. How dirty will it feel to have the original Sonic the Hedgeog and Super Mario World on the same system? The 16bit wars are over now I guess ;)

[quote name='pop311']50000 point card. You should get a free Wii with a purchase like that.[/quote]
One less zero, I already fixed it in the original post. :D

--Wii Console
--Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--Red Steel
--Additional Wiimote + Nunchuck
--Trauma Center (MAYBE)

it comes out to just under $500
However, my buddy at gamestop gets 15% off games, so if I decide against Trauma Center, the total comes out to $420. With Trauma center, the total is ~$460.

I also have a younger brother who I plan to split the cost with, so its just about ~$210-$230 for me.

I'll probably want the component cable though, anyone know how much that'll go for?

Wii Console
1 extra Wiimote
1 extra nunchuck
Zelda
Raymond
Red Steel

$482.94

I may also get a classic controller or two. I'm not sure yet.

Wii Console (pre-order at amazon so no tax)
1 extra remote
1 extra nunchuk
Zelda
Super Monkey Ball

~$418

Plan on using GGCs for the nunchuck and remote...

~$408

Around $100 in EB credit for stuff that actually only cost around $35...

~$338

And then this completed ref site for $250 that cost me about $30...

~$118

Selling Gamecube and some games for hopefully around $50...

~$68

The $45 I already have in paypal saved up from selling shit...

~$23

I hope I'll have that much money to throw down...;)

[quote name='LiquidNight']I'll probably want the component cable though, anyone know how much that'll go for?[/quote]

No word yet. EB/GS have had a placeholder price of $60 for the MadCatz component cable for a while, but a lot of their prices are incorrect so it's still unclear as to what price we'll be looking at.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I may also get a classic controller or two. I'm not sure yet.[/quote]

I'm unsure too. I guess it depends on how much this composite cable ends up costing.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']
I'm unsure too. I guess it depends on how much this composite cable ends up costing.[/quote]
Same with me (although I'm wating to see the price of an S video cable, since my TV only has 1 set of composite imputs and I don't want to buy a box that will give me more). I also want to find out if the classic controller works with Gamecube games.

I might get a classic controller, I definitely will if they do that 2,000 wii point pack-in or whatever. And I also want the component cables, which hopefully will be $40 tops for the first party.

This tool sucks for Tennessee users. I'm not sure when the state sales tax was 6%, but I know it hasn't been for 6+ years.

bread's done
Back