Will I be able to use my Nintendo USB Wifi adapter for the Wii

[quote name='zewone']It works with the PSP, of course it's gonna work for the Wii.

It's just a generic Wi-Fi adapter.[/QUOTE]

Would it be funny if it didn't? Im 99% sure it will, but it would be a funny WTF moment as you read the literature that comes with the Wii promoting a Nintendo brand router.

[quote name='zewone']It works with the PSP, of course it's gonna work for the Wii.

It's just a generic Wi-Fi adapter.[/quote]

Is it really? I've read otherwise on various message boards here and there.

I never knew that, that's pretty cool.

[quote name='pigeonpickup']It works great for the DS, but will it be compatible with the Wii? Im assuming so, but haven't heard any word on it.[/QUOTE]

You were able to get that piece of crap to work for your DS? I did everything I could to get it to work and it just won't. I went through all of Nintendo's help pages and none of that stuff applied to me. The DS connects, but I don't get an IP. I've tried it on multiple computers on multiple networks.

I'm hoping EB takes it back even though I'm just past the 7 day return window :cry:.

I guess they must work for some people otherwise they would have been recalled :lol: - but it is useless for me...

Hey, I was finally able to beat my DS wifi adapter into submission. It seems you have to create a bridge between whatever wired connection you have and the Nintendo wifi adapter. Thing is, THIS ISN'T IN ANY OF THE fucking HELP PAGES! I had to dig around a bunch of other sites to find this out. This fixed the one error I kept getting - for which Nintendo's help page recommends uninstalling all kinds of software (virus protection, firewalls, etc).

The problem with the bridge is that it renders the Nintendo Wifi adapter software inoperable - so you have to uninstall the bridge, uninstall the software, reinstall the software, and reconnect the bridge every time you want to set it up. Ughhh.... Well, for the few times that I'll actually use it (when I'm in hotels) I guess I can put up with that. But I wouldn't recommend trying to use it with the Wii - just get that Ethernet kit Botticus mentioned :lol:.

Odd, my USB Connector installs and runs perfectly. Its a really odd device. It works for a lot of people, and doesn't for others. I've never had issues with it.

As for it creating a bridge, I've never heard of that solution. The actual setup has absolutely nothing to do with making a bridge. It simply installs the hardware ands turns on Internet Connection Sharing on your original Internet connection.

Back on topic - Nintendo and various other outlets have said that the USB Connector would work with the Wii.

[quote name='hack']
As for it creating a bridge, I've never heard of that solution. The actual setup has absolutely nothing to do with making a bridge. It simply installs the hardware ands turns on Internet Connection Sharing on your original Internet connection.

Back on topic - Nintendo and various other outlets have said that the USB Connector would work with the Wii.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, because to get the bridge to work, you have to turn OFF the connection sharing :D.

It's just a generic Wi-Fi adapter.[/QUOTE]

A really expensive generic Wi-Fi adapter.

Why are 1up's links always dead? Can someone tell me what this Ethernet kit is? I'd much rather have a wired connection than have to buy wifi stuff. (Wish Wii just had an Ethernet port-preferably in place of WiFi.)

The DS dongle only workds with PSP if you hack it which is fairly easy to do. I have it setup so it can connect to anything. However, it was a waste of money since I could have bought a wireless router for less.

bread's done
Back