TGS 2006 CAGbag - Special Edition

The booth babes. On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best), how were teh bitches this year?

C'mon, you're pretty much obligated to answer this question at some point.

I've got just several best of show-type questions if you're not already planning to do it in the CAGcast. Just answer them, if you can, with what you've played. Feel free to answer with multiples games if you can't pick just one.

Best/worst game of the show?
Most surprising game?
Most disappointing game?
Best trailer?
Best/worst booth?
Best/worst console showing (by games)?
What's up with Afrika?

From what I've seen from the coverage on IGN, GameSpot, 1up, and others, the PS3 was there in full force with titles like White Night Story from Level 5 being impressive along with Metal Gear Solid 4's new trailer being praised again. I've heard about quite a few PS3 games that used the motion controls (Lair, Resistance, Warhawk, etc.), which seems like a good sign that developers aren't ignoring the feature. I've also heard that Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey for the 360 had long lines, which could be a good sign for Microsoft if they can keep these types of games coming to Japan.

How is the show different from E3? What I mean is how is the atmostphere different and how are the people that attend different from what you've seen at E3?

Thanks.

tell me you played Earth Defense Force 360. and if not, tell me you're going back to do so.

my real question is if the japanese tard system price drop intrigues you any moreso to buy one?

edit: more importantly, did you play flOw? if not, why the hell not?

So what's the overall impression from the crowd in regards to the 360? It seems a bit much to bank on two games (Blue Dragon Lost Odyssey) to suddenly lift Microsoft out of its slump in Japan, but looks like the interest in those games is pretty decent. Do you think that the folks in Japan will buy the hype, especially considering the dark looming shadow of the PS3?

Also, what kind of swag have you nabbed so far Cheapy? And when are you going to make a contest so we can have it?

What are your thoughts on Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey?
drool.gif

Hey Wombat and his Cheapness of Deeness. So is there any hope of the 360 having a good year in Japan? What are your thoughts about GT HD's rumored "download all of the cars and tracks" or rather, is there anything good about it? Also, is anyone stoked about Afrika anywhere?

Now that the PS3 core system has HDMI and a price drop in Japan, are you going to try to get one? Has your opinion of the PS3 changed any since TGS?

In regards to the typical cultural differences of TGS as opposed to E3, What was a title that you expected to do horribly, which actually seemed to be gaining a lot of exposure and positive attitude at the gameshow?

The DS Lite has been obliterating the PSP in Japan. Did you see anything at TGS that gives you any reason to believe the PSP can stage a Rocky Balboa-esque comeback?

Hey Cheapy? How is the music scene in Japan? Have you seen any bands like Shonen Knife, Boredoms, Church of Misery, any others?

[quote name='thorbahn3']I thought this cagcast was going up on Saturday? WTF happened?[/QUOTE]

WTF, indeed...I detect some laziness at the CAGcamp.

Perhaps they're saving it for later so they won't have to record another show this week.

Did Nintendo have a good presence? Well at least from 3rd parties. If I heard correctly, Nintendo didn't have a booth? If they did, how was it?

Did you try the Lost Planet multiplayer demo? If so, will it be CAG's new Chromehounds?

How is the PS3 motion detection compared to Wii?

Finally, did you see anything near the magnitude of E3 with people trying to play Wii?

[quote name='thorbahn3']I thought this cagcast was going up on Saturday? WTF happened?[/quote]

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']WTF, indeed...I detect some laziness at the CAGcamp.

Perhaps they're saving it for later so they won't have to record another show this week.[/quote]

Yeah, 45% laziness, 45% so we can get the show back on schedule, and 10% because I had a guest stay with us this weekend.

You'll hear about it early this week. Sorry about the delay.
Hopefully, we can make it worth the wait.

CheapyD, do you think EA's attempt at making new IPs will actually pan out?

And Wombat, can you please explain to me the bullshit answer cheapy will give for the first question?

CheapyD, at E3, you took the Joystiq guys to Denny's (if I recall correctly). Did you get to hang out with any gaming celebrities (developers, journalists, etc.) at TGS?

bread's done
Back