PS3 Game Cases Revealed

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/734/734877p1.html

Sony had a big surprise at its Tokyo Game Show booth: PlayStation 3 software packaging!

Most of the titles on display at the booth had a box beside the instruction sheet. The boxes are variations on Blu-Ray disk cases, with a translucent top section in place of the unsightly blue that's starting high-definition movie collections off on the wrong foot.

Sony reps stated that while these cases aren't final, we can expect the retail packaging to look extremely close to what's being shown on the floor. So, click below for your first look at your new import PS3 collection.

Nice. Kind of like the PSP cases, but DVD sized. Definitely much better than the fake case for Sonic that was posted a little while ago.

You gotta admit, the actual cases are quite similar to the Sonic mock up though. The Blu Ray portion just doesn't seem so blatant since it is see-through but the size is still comparable.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the front air wings on the F1 cars? Someone should probably tell CERO that the front wings are much straighter than that. :p

Hmmm. On the one hand, I think these look better then the flimsy looking HD-DVD/Blu Ray cases out on the market already. On the other hand, they remind me of the UK DS cases which is a bad thing...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nice. Kind of like the PSP cases, but DVD sized. Definitely much better than the fake case for Sonic that was posted a little while ago.[/QUOTE]
I'm not too fond of the PSP cases. Everytime I walk by the completely full section of UMD movies, I just get turned off.

Dude, its just BOXES.......WHO CARES. The PS3 games could come in pink cases and I wouldn't care as long as the GAMES KICK ASS.

Better then the fake Sonic box a few weeks ago, especially since the strip at the top isn't blue (I'm not a huge fan of the color).

[quote name='daphatty']You gotta admit, the actual cases are quite similar to the Sonic mock up though. The Blu Ray portion just doesn't seem so blatant since it is see-through but the size is still comparable.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the front air wings on the F1 cars? Someone should probably tell CERO that the front wings are much straighter than that. :p[/QUOTE]

Colors are alot different, particularly for the "Playstation 3" font along the side of the front (gray/silver instead of white). I think it looks much better, not nearly as gawdy and overly flashy as the mockup.

And I'm pretty sure the label CERO is just the rating of the game, I think.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Colors are alot different, particularly for the "Playstation 3" font along the side of the front (gray/silver instead of white). I think it looks much better, not nearly as gawdy and overly flashy as the mockup.

And I'm pretty sure the label CERO is just the rating of the game, I think.[/quote]
Yep, CERO is the Japanese ESRB. I guess Daphatty missed the SCE logo on the bottom right corner that shows that it's an SCE game.

bread's done
Back