CAGcast #45: The Tokyo Game Show Show

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Better late than never. Check out all the action as CheapyD struggles to stay conscious during this specal Tokyo Game Show edition of the CAGcast.

I forgot to think of a contest entry method, so just post in this thread to enter.

Download - 74 minutes, 34MB
(If you haven't yet done so, PLEASE review us by clicking here!)
RSS feed
Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast45.mp3[/media]

Linkage:
Intro music: The Nextmen Featuring Dynamite M.c. – High Score (stanton Warriors Remix) from Ministry of Sound Maximum Bass 2

CAGcast Contest - Prizes: Namco, Nintendo, Phoenix Wright

Easy to sort/filter IGN TGS Game List

Outro: WLA Announcement

Still listening to the 'cast--

Saying things are 'gay' is pretty immature--You guys are old enough now that you should talk like adults, not 7th graders. Thanks for addressing this nagging annoyance.

Wombat said something like "too long" regarding MGS games, which I found interesting considering his Oblivion addiction. What were you trying to say when you got cut off, Wombat?

I was surprised that you didn't really seem to enjoy Resistance or Virtua Tennis 3, which I enjoyed quite a bit at E3. The online E3 demo for Resistance was simple CoD/UT-like multiplayer fun. You didn't get to see Ninja Gaiden Sigma around the show?

It seems like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are blurring together for you, Cheapy, as I heard you call Blue Dragon "Blue Odyssey" while talking about the combat system. Maybe you were sicker than you thought.

Thanks for answering the questions on the show. Good show. No contest?

[quote name='Cursor']Still listening to the 'cast--

Saying things are 'gay' is pretty immature--You guys are old enough now that you should talk like adults, not 7th graders. Thanks for addressing this nagging annoyance.[/quote]

I think the guys need to watch last weeks episode of the Office.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wombat said something like "too long" regarding MGS games, which I found interesting considering his Oblivion addiction. What were you trying to say when you got cut off, Wombat?

[/QUOTE]

The cutscenes are too long for me is what I was trying to say. Thanks

GAY.

Can't help but be a little disappointed in this show, just because I had already scoured the internet for all the TGS information over the weekend. It's not that the show was bad, but I already knew most of this information by Saturday. It was still a good podcast, but lost some points for being so late, IMO.

Hope you feel better soon Cheapy.

[quote name='chodax']posting for contest!! didnt have time to listen to it yet :([/quote]

We can tell, since there was no contest.

I like both the F.E.A.R. and Fuzion Frenzy demos and I buy the old ass arcade games on XBLA. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't enlist in the WLA.

Hey I heard that comment about licensing of music for your shows during one of your previous shows. I have a thought, why not have a contest to have your listeners submit creations of their own for your theme song? After all sound software is cheap (cheap ass software if you will) and many people have access to this software constantly making their own creations. If you can get something cool sounding, consistently played before all your shows, it would even help with the branding and recognition of your show. Some of the other podcasts have their own themes, no reason why you cant as well.

[quote name='shipwreck']We can tell, since there was no contest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']
I forgot to think of a contest entry method, so just post in this thread to enter.

[/QUOTE]

While there is Camp Zama, about 40kilos away from Toyko, don't forgot the 6

While the Army has a presence in Japan at Camp Zama, you can't forgot my beloved Corps in Okinawa, Fuji, and Iwakuni!!! To mention the army and forgot the Marines makes me a sad Panda.

X

[quote name='evanft']MGS games too long? WTF? I mean seriously, how the fuck can you play a MGS game and think it's too long?[/quote]
Cause most movies only last 2-3 hours. ;)

erm :whistle2:/ something about this show didnt seem complete, it was almost like both cheapy and wombat simply werent interested in doing a show this week but decided to throw one together.

I've never really been disapointed in the shows ive heard but both of you sounded preoccupied and imo, it seemed to create a pretty boreing mood.

Cheapy you sounded pretty unenthusiastic about all the PS3 stuff....I know it's still really early but the whole more of the same does look pretty boring at this point. MGS4 does look pretty sweet though.

Wombat congrats on the new job. You should have announced your resignation by pissing in the milk! Wait until they start drinking their coffee...today is my last day and oh by the way the milk in your coffee is 100% sour. :)

Thanks for the cast always fun.

Posting from my laptop , downloading the CAGcast to my desktop [where all my iTunes music and podcasts are stored] .
Can't wait to listen .

Digging the cast, guys! Gotta cut them some slack for it not sounding as exciting as other casts.. hope you are getting better, there Cheapy. Big ups for Wombat.. congrats on the new job man. WLA in the house! One day I will get an avatar to put a bandana on.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How can you read an ass?[/QUOTE]
Well, it all depends what it looks like. Is it big? Small? Red? White? Black? Purple?

There are many characteristics that help you read an ass, its all very scientific.

[quote name='whoknows']Well, it all depends what it looks like. Is it big? Small? Red? White? Black? Purple?

There are many characteristics that help you read an ass, its all very scientific.[/quote]

Do I read it after or before I kick it?

Good show, wish I was at TGS06 enjoying the overcrowded show along with late night ramen and kareoke.

Glad to see growing support for Wombat (and CheapyD), I'm quite happy with the CAGcast format and hope to see it last. Viva la Revolution WLA!!

[quote name='Wombat']The cutscenes are too long for me is what I was trying to say. Thanks[/quote]
Ahh, I can somewhat understand that. While most of the cutscenes are fine and interesting in Snake Eater, there are just some that try to give some political background to the story that are just unbelievably boring and couldn't end soon enough.

[quote name='botticus']Cause most movies only last 2-3 hours. ;)[/quote]
Actually, it does last about 2-3 hours. Not bad for a "movie."

good show as usual. While I was listening my mom walked in and asked who the woman on the podcast was (she was referring to wombat :lol:).

Thanks for working through the illness and bringing us a show, Cheapy. Thanks also for indulging the WLA and "getting it." Play plenty of Dr. Mario and get well soon!

And to Wombat -- VIVA!!! Congrats (again) on the new job! Glad to hear you're still basking in the glory of the WLA! We're in this for the long haul! And even if we disappear, the oppressors should know that we'll be ready to rise up again.

Anyway, bummer about the PS3 and 360 stuff. Are Sony and MS just gonna hand this thing to Nintendo then?

I've called it/them "Blue Odyssey" myself a few times.

[quote name='Cursor']Still listening to the 'cast--

Saying things are 'gay' is pretty immature--You guys are old enough now that you should talk like adults, not 7th graders. Thanks for addressing this nagging annoyance.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty gay thing to be bothered about.

I like how you put the "pressure" on the show by prematurely thanking them for not doing it anymore though - that always works.

bread's done
Back