Victorious Boxers 2 Available Now $9.99

NO WAY!

I'd buy this on launch day even if it was $50. Victorious Boxers was one of my favorite PS2 games.

Hope this isn't a mistake!

Man, $10 with free shipping I'm down with that

On IGN it looks like this game finally found a publisher with a release date of TBA 2007.

Published by: Empire Interactive
Developed by: New Corporation / ESP
Distributed by: Ingram Entertainment
Genre: Sports
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: January 29, 2004

Features: Memory Card, Dual Shock, Vibration

Media Size: 1 DVD

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Holy fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck .

If this game IS COMING OUT finally.... OMG... I can die in peace.

If you didn't know I'm a fan. *points to avatar.*[/QUOTE]I heard that the game is actually Victorious Boxers: ALL STARS (basically number 3 in the series), rather than the VB2 that it's named after.

Silly American naming conventions.

I have a friend who fuckin' loved the first Victorious Boxers. He spent forever trying to beat that bear.
I"m not into boxing, but if this game is really $10 I might pick it up just to honor the legacy.

I was just hoping yesterday they would release the other Ippo games over here, never figured they would though.

In for $10 if that is the case.

[quote name='TheHiei']Is this game based off of Hajime no Ippo?[/QUOTE]Yes, Hieieie, this game is based off of Hajime no Ippo.

And it's a great game. While the actual VB2 had a better career mode, this has better gameplay and characters.

As for a price mistake...I've seen it listed for $19.99 on GameCrazy's list. Either way, the game is pretty budget (and WELL worth it).

[quote name='MadFlava']

Developed by: New Corporation / ESP
Distributed by: Ingram Entertainment
Genre: Sports
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: January 29, 2004

Features: Memory Card, Dual Shock, Vibration

Media Size: 1 DVD[/quote]

Thought I heard about this before, judging from the preview EGM did, they didn't add much to the game. But at $10 who cares?

As for the $10 comment, it's nearing the end of the PS2, so some publishers will probably be releasing budget titles soon(since Take 2's line of $10 PS1 games back in 2000).

Victorious Boxers > Fight Night

I'd buy two for $10 a pop. Seriously.

Maybe I'll buy this... it's based on Fighting Spirit which is an awesome, awesome show and I hear it's really good... kinda on the fence though.

Well, budget title prices are always shoddy. When Tokyo Xtreme Drift came out this summer, it was $14.99 at Gamecrazy, $19.99 at GS/EB (I believe?), and $9.99 at BB and I think Sears. So, I guess it's best to shop around when it does come out.

[quote name='Chacrana']Maybe I'll buy this... it's based on Fighting Spirit which is an awesome, awesome show and I hear it's really good... kinda on the fence though.[/QUOTE]

Shit, it won't get much cheaper than $10 ;)

[quote name='nintendokid']Well, budget title prices are always shoddy. When Tokyo Xtreme Drift came out this summer, it was $14.99 at Gamecrazy, $19.99 at GS/EB (I believe?), and $9.99 at BB and I think Sears. So, I guess it's best to shop around when it does come out.[/quote]

Yeah, but the first one kicked ass but it sold like ass, so thats most likely why it'll be $10, to attract not only fans but casual people as well.

[quote name='B:L']
And it's a great game. While the actual VB2 had a better career mode, this has better gameplay and characters.[/quote]

Which has better gameplay and characters? The first one?

HELL YES! Great as Fight Night is, sometimes it feels as some of the punches are limited IMO.

Plus Ippo kicks ass. Do yourself a favor and read the manga or watch the anime (aka Fighting Spirit in the states)

u guys gonna order from EB/GS online or preorder at the store? anyone know if they will even be taking preorders for this in store?

[quote name='nintendokid']Which has better gameplay and characters? The first one?[/quote]

Based on his earlier post, I believe he is stating that this game that is being released as Victorious Boxers 2, is actually the third in the series, and has better gameplay and characters than the second game in the series, which was not released in the US, which had a better career mode.

Makunochi rulez! VB 1 is a game that will NEVER leave my collection. I've known that this new one was coming, but didn't know when exactly. I can't wait! I guess Ill be picking that up along with FFXII.

this game which is allstars, has the best gameplay, by far. however VB2 Boxer's Road had the career mode which featured "real" boxers under different names and also boxers from the punch out!! series. Don't worry about translation or anything about this game, it should be a port from the European release which came out last year. A definite buy at any price if your a boxing fan.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Never even heard of this. Is it any good?[/quote]

Read all the previous posts before you...

Whoa, awesome! Hell of a deal, if I do say so myself. Definitely in for this one.

Word of caution though: I kind of doubt that this will actually be releasing on Oct 31. When you see a game's release date listed on Gamestop.com or EGGames.com as either the very first or very last day of a month, that is ususally just a placeholder date, because they don't have a real one yet.

[quote name='lawdood']SAVER[/quote]

I thought SAVER only worked on used games? I haven't bought from EB.com since the demise of the EB morning update thread *SNIFF*

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Word of caution though: I kind of doubt that this will actually be releasing on Oct 31. When you see a game's release date listed on Gamestop.com or EGGames.com as either the very first or very last day of a month, that is ususally just a placeholder date, because they don't have a real one yet.[/quote]

True, but this year, Halloween lands on a Tuesday and Tuesday is the day that newly released games are shipped out. So, we shall see.

[quote name='cag1000']I thought SAVER only worked on used games? I haven't bought from EB.com since the demise of the EB morning update thread *SNIFF*[/quote]

worked for me on this order as well as other new games I've purchased recently

I can hardly wait for this one. It took me ages just to get my hands on the first one. Wow...I can't believe the next one is going to be released.

Man, $10 with free shipping I'm down with that

On IGN it looks like this game finally found a publisher with a release date of TBA 2007.

Will freeshipall work with this? Anyway, Empire published the first game over here. I think it was more of an issue of licensing issues than anything else as this game has been announced for quite some time.

Maybe I'll buy this... it's based on Fighting Spirit which is an awesome, awesome show and I hear it's really good... kinda on the fence though.

I think the low production values and lack of real, famous boxers make people write the game off. However, the gameplay is very solid and highly praised by fans of the anime series and technical boxing fans alike.

If this game is really being released for $10, it's too hard a deal to pass up on.

Hearing about the second one's career mode, I'd like to get my hands on that one. It would be great to see the Punchout guys again. Anyone imported it?

Hearing about the second one's career mode, I'd like to get my hands on that one. It would be great to see the Punchout guys again. Anyone imported it?

I've played it. It's the most complicated career mode I've ever seen in a boxing game. It's more like a simulation compared to the kinds of career modes you'd find in a Fight Night game.

You monitor your diet including what parts fat, amino acids, proteins, etc. as well as your daily exercise routine.

These two together are the factors of your weight control as well as helping to build your stats, of which there are I think a few DOZEN. You also have to schedule your fights and exercises properly to recover from fatigue as well as bad health.

You can start out in several countries in several different time eras, earning your pro license as well as getting ranked domestically and eventually regionally and then internationally. Your face, outfit and boxing style are highly customizable, too.

Unfortunately, you start off with seriously low stats to the point where you're struggling to get through one or two rounds.

Read the FAQ, it's very detailed and will give you an idea of what it's like.

I might just have to get this. I'm not normally a fan of sports games in general, but I've found that every boxing game I've played, Super Punch out and Fight Night 3, I've liked. Though, I really only liked FN3, because I made an incredibly short, fat, heavyweight that went undefeated against all my friends.

Edit: Seems to be the PAL version

box art

B000EMRVJC.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59078224_.jpg

bread's done
Back