Best Sly Cooper Game?

Spades22

CAGiversary!
Which one do you think I should get? I've played none, but I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the story not knowing whats happening and I want it to be a good one. So which game, 1, 2, or 3 is the best for newcomers to the series and the most fun?

id have to say i liked the 3rd one the most. there was more to do overall and the pirate ship level was addictive not to mention it was fun using diff kinds of character although i thought the demetri levels sucked. and it was the hardest of the games too especially with that final level but the first game was less tedious than the other ones.

that may be due to the overall length of the game but i got tired of all the collecting you had to do in the second one with those damn bottles and the third one could be annoying with the constant switching of characters especially when some characters are boring to use.

after a while i couldnt wait to finally beat the damn game and the cooper cave level kicked my ass with how cheap some of that stuff could be. overall all each game has something that makes it better or worse than the othersbut no matter what all of them are funnny.

The first one is the best. I played the 2nd one and couldnt make it all the way through since I didn't like it very much. Apparently, in Sly 3 they add a million playable characters which makes the game worse which is why I havent gotten it.

Interesting I dunno which I'm gunna get...Right now I'm thinking 1 since its the first of the series...but the review you gave for 2 sounded darn good lol.

How about Jak and Ratchet? I think I'll get 2 games tomorrow, one from 2 of the series. So like I'll get 1 sly game, and 1 jak game or 1 sly and 1 ratchet...jak or ratchet? XD

I'd say the first two games are a tie for me. Technically speaking, the second game is better as it is longer, more challenging, and more free-roaming. The first game was pretty oldschool in design and very linear, but it was also quicker-paced and more addictive while it lasted. Together they'd be in my top 5 games for the PS2. Oh yeah, and you could play 2 before 1 and won't be lost on the story. That's what I did anyway.

The third game was pretty good on its own terms, but easily the weakest of the three. It had a lot more mid-mission cutscenes (which are unskippable no less) and focused too much on all these side characters who weren't nearly as interesting or fun to play as as the main 3 members of the Cooper gang.

Alright I might go for the second maybe if I can get it. After hearing this thing though that I could maybe get all 3 in a package, do you think that will happen? Like it did with spyro? If so what do you think the price tag will be?

Here's the rundown...

The first game has everything going for it, great pace, cool story, fun qwerks but is a tad on the short side.

The second game is insanely long, instead of having levels like the first game, you just wander around one massive map collecting pointless items. Basically they took the style of Sly 1 and made a clone of every other platformer. Not a bad game at all, but nowhere near as good.

Third seems to be more of the same from the demo I played.

Start with the first, it's easily the best, if you like the second, the third seems to be exactly the same. I like the second, but I have no plans to play the third installment.

The first one was the best damn exclusive game on PS2... definitely in the top 5 or top 10 best games of this generation.... so just go buy it already and check out the sequels if you enjoy it, though I've only played the first one.

Ok I'll get the first or second, but I'm thinking the first as its the start of a series. I'll probably get Star Fox assault too, and I was thinking maybe a Jak game...which Jak one is the best?

I have only played Sly 2 and 3, and I liked 2 more. I thought it wsa great and I really enjoyed the optional bottle collecting.

But overall I prefer the Ratchet series to either Sly or Jak.

The first two are great, and the 3rd was only good. Far too many side characters in the third game. You spend too much time playing as them, and doing stuff like flying remote control airplanes. The last level of the 3rd game was what the whole game should have been like.

Sly 2 is the best, but I've played all 3 and loved each one. The 3rd is really more of the same of 2, but not as long and has more characters. Sly 1 can be beated in a short weekend or long afternoon, and the health system is different, but its still a lot of fun.

As for Jak, be careful with that, since the first game is drastically different than the second and third.

Ratchet is still my favorite series though, and they improved every game (until the 4th which I thought was a letdown). Still the Ratchet series and Sly series are the main reason I bought a PS2.

Ok well I realized I want all 3 Jak games, All 3 ratchet, and all 3 sly, then a couple games like Okami, Kingdom hearts 1&2, FFX & FFX2

...and that would cost a lot even though most of them are greatest hits lol...I think I should just slowly wait until deals come out xD

[quote name='Spades22']Ok well I realized I want all 3 Jak games, All 3 ratchet, and all 3 sly, then a couple games like Okami, Kingdom hearts 1&2, FFX & FFX2

...and that would cost a lot even though most of them are greatest hits lol...I think I should just slowly wait until deals come out xD[/QUOTE]

Haha, or you could just break into my apartment, since that pretty much describes my entire PS2 collection.

(please don't break into my apartment.)

I got the first 2 =P! Actually I got the first 2 from ALL 3 series lol, and all new for only 80 bucks Canadian with tax =D. Ummm my question is for Sly Cooper 1 I noticed that there were 2 covers. This one:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000690ZE.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and this one:

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/CDUCoverArt/Games/Small/71171971982.jpg

I got the 2nd one...but is there any difference between the 2? Maybe I should have got the first cause its an original one, but I'm thinking maybe the 2nd one is newer and has maybe some fixes or something? Is there any difference b/w the 2? Otherwise I think I might return it for the Original...might as well lol.

Oh ya and another question:

So I got Jak 1&2 and Ratchet 1&2, should I exchange any of these for a different game in the series or the 3rd Sly or something? I was going to try out all the series to see which ones I liked and eventually buy the 3rd...I'm expecting all these games to take me till like.. .January or February or even April depending how swamped I am by University, so I didn't bother getting the 3rd cause....ya dunno maybe I shoulda lol. Anyway so you think I should exchange any of those for something else?

The better question is, what the hell has Sucker Punch been up to since? Have they even announced anything for the PS3? Because another Sly game just might make me want a PS3.

Hmm well it maybe will make me after I play the game lol. Anyways uh...so is there any difference between the greatest hits and original version of Sly 1?

And do you think I should return Sly 1,2, Jak 1,2, or Ratchet 1,2, for maybe the 3rd game in the series instead or something?

Alright well I got the first 2 from each series, so once I beat them all I'll get the 3rd's I guess lol

[quote name='Spades22']Hmm well it maybe will make me after I play the game lol. Anyways uh...so is there any difference between the greatest hits and original version of Sly 1?

And do you think I should return Sly 1,2, Jak 1,2, or Ratchet 1,2, for maybe the 3rd game in the series instead or something?[/QUOTE]

No difference in the Sly 1 versions besides the cover. If you dont care about the art, keep the one you have.

And I would just keep the games you have and pick up the others later. You won't be dissapointed, and since they are PS2 GH, they'll be available forever.

Plus, there's nothing good to spend your money on between now and February, is there?

[quote name='Spades22']
Oh ya and another question:

So I got Jak 1&2 and Ratchet 1&2, should I exchange any of these for a different game in the series or the 3rd Sly or something? I was going to try out all the series to see which ones I liked and eventually buy the 3rd...I'm expecting all these games to take me till like.. .January or February or even April depending how swamped I am by University, so I didn't bother getting the 3rd cause....ya dunno maybe I shoulda lol. Anyway so you think I should exchange any of those for something else?[/QUOTE]
Exchange Jak 1 for Jak 3. Jak 2 and Jak 3 are more connected storywise. Also Jak and Daxter, and Jak 2 & 3 play a lot differently from eachother. Jak and Daxter is like a collect the items game, which Jak 2 and Jak 3 are more focused on weapons and platforming.

ah its alright I actually opened that one first haha, I think I'll just play em in order...like I would have if I had bought a PS2 @ release. Also, I kinda tried to get games that are different to see which type I like (ex. Jak 1 and Jak 2 being diff and Sly 1/2 being diff)

BUT NOW! I find out memory cards are freaking 40 bucks Canadian for 64 MB (not sony brand) If I want two 8 MB sony brand ones its still 40 bucks...so I guess I'll have to buy the 40 dollar non sony brand one. Just one Sony 8 MB card costed 27 dollars! INSANITY!

Man I love these games I am probably getting the memory card tomorrow so I've only really played them a bit, but they're all a good breath of fresh air from Mario on the Cube...I got extremely bored of Nintendo, so I'm glad I got a PS2 and all these games =P

...Except I don't know why the X button on my controller seems slightly looser than the rest of the buttons right when i bought it...or maybe I'm just too picky lol

Hmm well I just beat the first world in the first Sly, and I have to say the 2nd world is WAY better than the first! I mean the 2nd world, the one where Carmilita chased you was so cool, just jumping super fast on those tubes and stuff, I loved it. Plus it was fun sneaking on the chandeliers and using the mine hat bomb on the lower monsters XD. Awesome game for sure.

But...The only thing I noticed was in the 2nd world I lost one of my new techniques I had gotten! I lost the one where you use your binoculars and it shows you the things that are breakable and where the clues are. I found this one really useful so I'm wondering if it's either a glitch with the game or do you have to get one for every world you enter? Thanks

You have to find the blue prints for each level in order to use the binoculars that shows stuff.

I had fun with Sly but it was too easy and short, played the sly 3 demo and it felt cheap. Kinda like the sonic games and how they added more characters in each sequel; that surely must be a sign that the series is going downhill. They need to focus back on just Sly.

But Maximo is the best platformer for the PS2.

Maximo? Never heard of it. So far I really like Jak a lot, followed by Sly 1, and Ratchet in last. I think I'll focus on Jak and Sly first before I move to Ratchet...I'm about 35-40% done Jak and Sly when I save xD

bread's done
Back